Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:13   #1
BHPian

Mahindra's Lucknow Dealer (Jugal Kishore Motors)

I bought a Logan DLS last year from Jugal Kishore Motors Lucknow. The buying experience was shoddy -
  • I wanted the car on a particular date and they used delaying tactics to postpone the PDI to late evening. Full payment had been made but I was doing the registration myself so I kept my cool. I was prepared and examined the car carefully under the failing light - the paint was damaged (faded in several spots due to bird droppings) because the car had been parked in the open. Refused to take delivery.
  • Refused to take delivery of the car and waited 15 days for a new lot to come it.
  • Things were smooth for a while. Dad got the first two services done as I was out of town. The service center resolved a couple of minor rattles originating from the doors.

The fun begins when I took the car in for its third service. I was in town and prepared to spend 4-5 hours with the car.

One look at the workshop and your expectations nosedive immediately. Its spacious but woefully under equipped -

There's no OBD scanner (I get to hear that they've taken it someplace else to attend to a car that's broken down). They are supposed to hook it upto the car and scan the ECU as part of the service but no scanner. Ok - I think I can overlook that as the car has been performing flawlessly. I ask the service adviser what engine oil do they use - I'm told that they'll use Maximile (the Mahindra and Shell co-branded stuff ) and I tell them to proceed.

The guy who's going to drain the oil is sitting and grumbling about having to unscrew the sump guard to drain the oil. There's that bad felling again! Must make sure that he fits it back properly. Out goes the oil filter and he fits one that's been lying around (on the wheel balancing machine) I politely tell him to get a new filter from the store. I then see someone pumping out some oil from a 200L drum sitting in one corner - nothing wrong with that but I need to double check. Its a HP drum and guess what, there's just one drum. Ok - so this must be one of those multigrade oils that are used in both petrol and diesel engines. But I don't want this!

Where's the shell oil that I was promised ? "No stock Sir" is all I hear.

Run to the nearest oil dealer and pick up a can myself. Oil goes in, filters are replaced and only tyre rotation needs to be done. The place has four of those electric car lifts (all empty) but nobody seems interested in taking the initiative to get the car on one of them to do the rotation. I ask them about the holdup and they say "Lifts not working sir - please get the rotation done the next time"

I insist that they must do it now and the car is taking to the other lift - the hydraulic one's that the car wash folks use. They perform the rotation there and we part ways.

Cost of service - Rs 3300 (excluding the 5L can of engine oil that I purchased separately for Rs 800).

Parts changed - Oil filter, Air filter and Fuel Filter.
Jobs carried out - tyre rotation, engine oil and all filter replacements and car wash.

Am I happy with the car ? Yes - Its been giving me 19.6 Kmpl over the last 5K km (as per the driver information system) with 100% AC. It has no rattles or squeaks and the AC is still a chiller.

Am I happy with the service ? NO. Its spoils the whole ownership experience for someone like me who wants to take good care of his/her car. I'd rather head to an independent mechanic or do the oil and filter changes myself and stay away from the A.S.S. for as long as I can. Mahindra can't expect to sell cars (and scorpio's) with this kind of setup. Or is it me who's expecting too much ?

Other gripes - I was charged Rs 1400 for the diesel fuel filter and it must be changed every 10K km as per the service advisor. I remember the Mahindra Renault website showing the price for this as Rs 9xx - did prices go up ? And does the diesel filter have to be replaced every 10K Km or can I use it for longer? I only fill up at COCO bunks.

Last edited by CrackedHead : 22nd October 2009 at 14:15.
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:23   #2
Team-BHP Support

First things first, give your driver a bonus. 19.6 is E X C E L L E N T. And as far as the fuel filter goes, I have never heard of a 10k interval. I think it should be 20k. Better check the manual.
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:37   #3
BANNED

I have seen no tyre rotation by the two older Maruti folks at Lucknow as well. Otherwise how was the yellow band on the spare still there after two years and four services! So it is a mad hatters tea party out there. After it is the city of Nawabs (I hail from it) and nawabi ways die hard.
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:38   #4
BHPian

New Fuel filter every 10K km !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
First things first, give your driver a bonus. 19.6 is E X C E L L E N T. And as far as the fuel filter goes, I have never heard of a 10k interval. I think it should be 20k. Better check the manual.
We don't have a driver, this car is mostly used by my Father within the city and yes, he drives with a light foot.

As for the Fuel filter, there's a logan specific poster from Mahindra prominently displayed at the workshop that shows the things that need to be attended to at every service and the fuel filter is listed for replacement in both the 10K km and the 20K km service. I wonder whats up with that!

Can other logan owners comment on the fuel filter replacement interval? I will check the booklet again.

Edit: I checked the service booklet and the fuel filter is indeed listed for replacement at every 10K km. Is Mahindra Renault being overly cautious or what?
After how many Km's is the fuel filter change required for our national engine and the fiesta diesel's engine ?

Last edited by CrackedHead : 22nd October 2009 at 17:49.
Old 4th November 2009, 23:42   #5
BHPian

The Dieel fuel filter price you mentioned seems correct to me, I have personally took a photo of parts price from Bhasin Motors, New Delhi around 2 months back which you can check here - Logan going on a bit higher side on maintenance cost - Mahindra Renault Logan Club & Forum

Although the 10k change is not seems correct, it should be around 20k normally, sometimes you need to be aware of parts condition as these companies make hell for us by asking to change OK conditioned parts again n again.
Old 5th November 2009, 00:09   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Although the 10k change is not seems correct, it should be around 20k normally, sometimes you need to be aware of parts condition as these companies make hell for us by asking to change OK conditioned parts again n again.
I've read and re-read the service manual that comes with the car. Its specifies that the diesel filter must be replaced every 10K km.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks