Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:34   #1
DRC
BHPian

Chevy: Constantly changing dealerships

I just checked Chevy website and they mention Only Kropex India Ltd as their Auth. dealers for Chevy In bangalore.

I remember, Garuda (lalbagh road) was their dealer once upon a time, there there was Sundaram too. Later there were Vijay motors (?) on ORR JP nagar.
Now what happened to all these dealers. I recently heard Vijay closed for some reason.

Kropex is only a new dealer. Also that leaves no option for buyers with alternate dealers.

I suspect such a turbulance in Chevy dealerships hint not everything is alright with delaers and Chevy. I wonder if this is a cause for alarm for potential Chevy customers.

What is comforting though is that they have dealers in Mangalore, Udipi, Hubli, Mysore too. Not all dealers have such a good spread (spare Maruti and Hyundai)
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:45   #2
BHPian

I noticed that the Trident (earlier Hyundai) dealership/service station in ORR near Hennur junction is now changed to Chevrolet.
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

In the Chevy Cruze ad in paper, they have mentioned 3 dealers: Sundaram, Kropex and Trident (new one in Kalyan Nagar, Outer ring road).
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

I think there are 3 dealers in Bangalore now Sundaram, Kropex and Trident.

I just gave my SPARK to Sundaram for first service
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:58   #5
DRC
BHPian

They do mention Sndaram and Kropex in their corporate site, however, micro sites for cruze and captiva mention only Kropex.
Does it mean Sundaram does not sell these models.

Moreover, what happened to the other dealers. Vijay motors was existing for a few days only I suppose.

@Mods:Thanx for moving the thread. But, I did not intend to start a review thread but wanted to discuss the changing scenario of dealerships in Bangalore and/or find out if the trend is true elsewhere too. If you still feel this is the right place for the thread, let's discuss here, else request you to move back to Indian car scene section.
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:12   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Garuda changes to Maruti. It's been about 2 years or more since that happened.

Vijai Auto sales closed down. Financial difficulties.
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Garuda changes to Maruti. It's been about 2 years or more since that happened.

Vijai Auto sales closed down. Financial difficulties.
Yes. And vijay still have there service station for GM vehicles in Mahadevpura. Till my last service, I have given my car there.

Initially, they had only 2 dealers at any time. May be due to the margin of cars they sell???? Then now it increased to 3. I remember the guys mentioning that they are targeting for minimum 5 dealers in Bangalore. This was when we went to the service camp held by GM in Bangalore.
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

In a recent paper advert for the Cruze, they haven't even mentioned Hubli. Im wondering if the dealership here has closed or was it bcoz maybe Hubli didn't get the Cruze demo vehicle.

Shan2nu
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:18   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I think there are 3 dealers in Bangalore now Sundaram, Kropex and Trident.
What about Frontline @ Mysore road? They are into chevy and opel service.
Is Vijay still doing service?
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:12   #10
DRC
BHPian

where in mysore road is this frontline?

I thought frontline is mangalore/udipi dealer
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:07   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
where in mysore road is this frontline?

I thought frontline is mangalore/udipi dealer
You can reach them at
28605550, 98444 41022 / 33.
Sometime back i got SMS with this numbers.

Last edited by kavu75 : 23rd October 2009 at 12:09.
Old 24th October 2009, 09:15   #12
DRC
BHPian

I just checked, neither Frontline website, nor Chevy website mention about this dealership. Are they just servoce stations or sales too?
Old 24th October 2009, 10:34   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Yes. And vijay still have there service station for GM vehicles in Mahadevpura. Till my last service, I have given my car there.
I got an SMS from Vijai a few months ago stating that they have opened a multi-brand service centre. They are no longer a GM exclusive service centre.

Quote:
I just checked, neither Frontline website, nor Chevy website mention about this dealership. Are they just servoce stations or sales too?
Frontline is only into servicing GM vehicles. They do not have a showroom in Bangalore.

-- Wind
Old 24th October 2009, 12:35   #14

GM , now marketing cars under Chevrolet sales India P Ltd has three dealers at Bangalore, Trident Chevrolet located at Kalyan Nagar ( Bangalore North ) , Sundram located on Kasturba Road ( Bangalore Central ) , Kropex located on Hosur Road ( Bangalore South ).

The Trident Hyundai workshop at Kalyan Nagar continues to be there but is moving to much larger facility ( 24 bays vs 10 bays , larger customer interface area, brand new equipment ) on a parallel street effective 1st week of November.

The previous workshop would then be completely renovated and used for the Chevrolet customers.

Quote:
Frontline at Bangalore are only into service of Chevy vehicles

Last edited by Eddy : 24th October 2009 at 14:38. Reason: Please avoid posting multiple back to back posts. Use the edit option if posting within 20 min. Thanks
Old 26th October 2009, 09:05   #15
BHPian

A Chandigarh consumer court has fined GM and its dealer, Dynamic Motors, Rs 25,000/- for the problems faced by a buyer of Optra Magnum. He had run into various problems after only 4000 k.m. and was in and out of the dealership without any real solution to the problems faced. I think he should have got at least a lakh if not more. But something good anyway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks