Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2012, 12:15   #31
BHPian

Need Help: Malpractices of Sunrise Hyundai, Patparganj, Delhi

Hi,

Need help and advice against this dealer.

I share the incident that happened with my uncle (chachaji) Mr. Vennet Kumar Jain fow which this is needed.

1. He booked Santro on 30 July after paying Rs 5000/-. He took delivery on 14 August. He got an invoice dated 30 July itself (reduced warranty, vehicle is older on paper and loss of better deal of August)
2. He was charged for an ex-showroom cost of 3.84L, however he got invoice of 3.27 as discounts were adjusted. This meant less VAT payed to government. (nothing passed to customer). However he was charged for 3.84 and remaining amount receipt was given as debit note.
3. Insurance was done at ex-showroom value of 3.84 minus 5% whereas not sure if any insurance company pays more than invoice value in case of total loss. (means more premium paid without any return)
4. He was charged for registration and road tax at ex-showroom value. (more money deposited to govt for no need).
5. Bank Loan has been done on basis of Performa Invoice of Rs 3.84L only. (Customer becomes a defaulter for bank at wrong invoice now)
6. He was offered Rs 10000/- for his old car but actually paid Rs 7500/-
7. Was offered free accessories of Rs 12000/- but all were billed to him in books.
8. Dealer has now given in writing that warranty starts from delivery date and not invoice date. Not sure if thi is valid across Hyundai dealerships.
9. Many officials in Sunrise Hyundai were contacted like Mr. Rachit, Mr. Khan, Mr. Neeraj but all declined to do anything. Owner Mr. Aman Munjal/Mr. Ravi Seth refused to meet least resolve the issue.10. Hyundai official like Mr. Vishal (RM) and Mr. Sudhir (TSM) were contacted several times on phone and personally. They declared helpless against this dealer. Final advice from them: go to consumer court, we can not help against this dealer.

Myself and fellow bhpian Anupam Shukla went to resolve and close on the issues but this also did not help.

Sunrise people also challenged to go to Sales tax department or any level of escalation within Hyundai or consumer court.

In this deal we have lost ~20K INR.

Only request was to refund the access with the correct invoice of 3.84L (amount which was charged and eventually paid).

Not sure we have any person in Hyundai or Sales Tax department on this forum who has guts to take on this dealer and prevent customer fleecing!

Till then I would advice to deal with cautiously or stay away from this dealer.

We plan to send an official complaint to Delhi VAT Department and contact consumer helpline of a reputed TV Channel.

Any other suggestions are most welcome including fellow members experiences of dealing with such agencies.

Thanks & Regards
Anubhav
Old 12th October 2012, 16:12   #32
BHPian

Re: Help! Dealership refusing to return booking amount!

The malpractices are increasing day by day,

I hope hyundai is listening or Sales Tax department,

Thanks!!
Old 10th April 2013, 17:23   #33
BHPian

Ertiga Booking Cancelled- Time Duration for Refund?

Finally, I got fed up with MSIL and gave Sumankirti Motors, Pune a request to cancel my Ertiga Zxi booking.
They have the best selling brand right now- they can keep it with them.
I don't want it anymore.

I have the acknowledgement of the written request I submitted, from one of their sales rep, but I am not sure how valid it would be, since the root of the problem is their sales team keeps changing every 2 months and they could not trace my booking- not sure if any handover kind of thing ever happens in their sales team.

So, any idea what would be an approximate time span before MSIL will refund my Booking+Advance amount ?
Whom can i escalate in Maruti, to get my amount back ?

Last edited by rohit0103 : 10th April 2013 at 17:24.
Old 10th April 2013, 17:51   #34
BHPian

Re: Ertiga Booking Cancelled- Time Duratio of Refund ?

This seems more like a dealership issue when you say they can't even find your booking. I am assuming you must have just given the booking amount.

Maruti can help by pressurizing the dealer but I don't how well that would go since the dealer can say that they don't have your booking.

Your booking receipt and this new written request that you have would be your best weapons. Time frame for refund will depend how much pressure gets put on the dealer so don't let them relax even for a bit.
With the car industry in the shape that it is I am surprised dealerships are still acting fancy.
Old 10th April 2013, 18:01   #35
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ertiga Booking Cancelled- Time Duratio of Refund ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post
So, any idea what would be an approximate time span before MSIL will refund my Booking+Advance amount ?
Whom can i escalate in Maruti, to get my amount back ?
I had cancelled my Swift ZDi booking last year and opted for Punto 90HP when I was in the same boat as you (waiting for many months, no sign of confirmed delivery date).

Regarding the 'booking couldn't be traced' issue, didn't you get a Maruti booklet when you paid the booking amount?? The one which said "welcome to Maruti family, blah blah". That, coupled with your payment receipt should be sufficient proof of your booking for them to go ahead with the refund process.

I got the refund in roughly 15-20 days after I submitted the cancellation request letter. You will need to wait for a while. No dealer will refund the money immediately, and Maruti is in fact one of the brands who refund booking advances relatively quickly. You shouldn't need to escalate the matter to anyone for the time being. Give them at least a month to present you with the refund DD / cheque once they have traced/acknowledged your booking.

Last edited by KarthikK : 10th April 2013 at 18:04.
Old 10th April 2013, 19:18   #36
BHPian

Re: Ertiga Booking Cancelled- Time Duration for Refund?

No, Unfortunately, the history is a bit complicated. I booked ZDi in June 2012, I was given Dec 2012 delivery date. Later, in Dec, the salesman called up infomed that they have 1 but not the color I had booked. And they dont know when will my color be available. Grudgingly,I agreed and paid the non-loan balance to confirm allotment.
But, later, family balked at the color. So, called up to cancel that allotment and let them keep the amount, since I had every intention of purchasing a car. But, cancelled the ZDi itself.
In Feb, took a fresh quotation and ask them to book a Zxi. At that time, they offered a March deliver. (Probably 2012 model), but I asked for April delivery, with no compromise in color.
Now, for this, I do not have any proof that they actually booked it in their system of not. When i inquired in in March end, i was informed "in transit", this week also, "in transit". So, finally fed up, cancelled it.

Now, I dont care if ZXi booking was booked in their system or not. I had asked, and I was told repeatedly that it has been done.
I have proof of receipts of payment-the original I handed over to salesman as he said it was necessary for processing refund. I still have its photocopy and its scanned copy.
Old 10th April 2013, 23:47   #37
BHPian

So basically as I understand it the dealership owes you a certain amount of money which u paid as down payment or booking amount while booking the first car.
Now irrespective of what car you have cancelled you only need to go to them with the original receipt and ask for a refund. How many cars you have booked or cancelled doesn't matter since you haven't bought anything and no transaction has been completed.
Generally a dealership shouldn't take more than a weeks time to process your refund. Any longer than that and you should escalate the issue since they are then using your money and probably giving you stupid excuses

Last edited by Potenza : 10th April 2013 at 23:54. Reason: Time taken for refund wasn't mentioned in my earlier post
Old 10th April 2013, 23:52   #38
BHPian

Had similar experience with Pratham motors Queens road(Wasim was the sales person there). Booking amounts appear to be non-refundable until you send them an email with cc to contact@maruti.co.in. You may want to try the same.
Old 11th April 2013, 14:42   #39
BHPian

Hi Rohit,

We had booked an Alto VXi in Chennai and then cancelled the booking in a couple of days. I called up the dealership and was told that I had to send them an e-mail to request the cancellation amount. With repeated follow ups, they sent a cheque for the amount deducting the cancellation fee. It took almost a month's time to get the refund. Keep reminding them that you have cancelled the booking. The same excuse was given to us as well stating that the booking was not found. Please send e-mails and document everything. If not handled promptly you can consider contacting the higher ups either within the dealership or at Maruti. All the best.
Old 11th April 2013, 15:11   #40
BHPian

Thanks all for sharing your experience and tips. I have sent them a mail with cc to contact@maruti.co.in and scanned copies of request and receipt.
Although, funnily enough, their email id is a gmail one..!!

I am well aware it will not be easy- who likes to part with their money ?
Question is why should I pay the cancellation fees when the dealership are not able to keep their commitment of delivering in time. ?

And I wont be surprised if they even offer the car by end of the month...
which I am of course have lost complete interest.

Btw, its exactly 1 year since Ertiga launched- the Ex-showroom price of Zxi reached from 7.29 L to current 7.69 L - 40K hike. Add road taxes, insurance etc and its close to 50K extra OTR.

Maruti is going to price themselves out soon.

Last edited by rohit0103 : 11th April 2013 at 15:38.
Old 11th April 2013, 17:24   #41
BHPian

email gmi.cac@gm.com. You should definitely get most of the booking amount back.
Old 11th April 2013, 18:03   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinteLoop View Post
email gmi.cac@gm.com. You should definitely get most of the booking amount back.
gm.com ? is it General Motors or Maruti Suzuki ?
Old 11th April 2013, 21:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post
gm.com ? is it General Motors or Maruti Suzuki ?
Sorry..Mistake from my part.
Old 12th April 2013, 16:41   #44
BHPian

I got a call today from dealership, saying my cheque is ready and I can collect the same.
I will visit them, and if that be the case and they handover my amount without any fuss, Sumankirti will earn my respect and recommendation as well.

Probably, this will be the fasted refund from a car dealership.
Old 12th April 2013, 17:53   #45
BHPian

5 years back I had booked a chevy spark at geeyem motors, trivandrum, and had paid a booking fee of 2000.

A week later decided to cancel it as my family later decided it had to be a diesel.
The refund process was absolutely hassle free. The staff at the show room knew I had come there for a refund, and yet treated me with courtesy (infact served me coffee while I was waiting for the cheque).

I was thoroughly surprised at this attitude, and actually recommended them to a couple of my colleagues looking for a petrol hatch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks