Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2018, 22:41   #61
BHPian

Re: Help! Dealership refusing to return booking amount!

I had some bad experience buying my first car few years back.

Due to some conflict, I told my advisor that I am cancelling my booking with them.

I called customer care and told my reason for cancelling. They arranged a call with customer care person of dealer.
Later they asked to continue with the booking and arranged altogether a new sales person for me.

I am not sure if they had done something to my car to take revenge is what I was thinking all while.

Are there any possibilities of dealer messing up with the car?? (as part of revenge.)
deemash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 22:46   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Which manufacturer is this? If Maruti, they are pretty strict with the dealers. You just need to ensure you do a thorough check on the day of delivery (for your own sake). Possible to give some more details of the problem due to which you decided to cancel in the first place?
Old 30th November 2018, 23:00   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Which manufacturer is this?
Hyundai..
They offered some discount and later after booking they said they cannot give it as their AGM has changed and policies also changed in the mean time.

Since he deviated from his word I said i am cancelling to which he said 50% cancellation charge. So I called customer care and they arranged a dealer call and finally they changed to sales person for me and offered the discount as they promised.

But our eyes cannot find if anything is/was wrong they have done to the car not sure if they really tamper anything in car to revenge, may be my perverted mind.. Lol. But I am not sure if I did right to stick to the same dealer even after this issue.

Last edited by deemash : 30th November 2018 at 23:05.
deemash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 11:04   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
...finally they changed to sales person for me and offered the discount as they promised.

But our eyes cannot find if anything is/was wrong they have done to the car not sure if they really tamper anything in car to revenge, may be my perverted mind.. Lol. But I am not sure if I did right to stick to the same dealer even after this issue.
I understand you didn't ask to change the SA and it was from Hyundai. I doubt they'll do anything as the reputation & job is at stake for this. With a company like Hyundai, I doubt the guy will even have so much time at stake to run around and find your car and then have time time & skill to do any serious damage. Please stop worrying and look forward to being the new car home.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 00:17   #65
BHPian

Hey everyone. I'm facing the same issue that midnight faced. It's with BMW in Chennai. They're refusing to return around 50K for my advance On a New 5 series. Does anyone know how I should go about this. We were never told of any cancellations charged throughout the affair. Plus i took them over 4 months that just to return the partial amount. Who do I contact? Should I call BMW India? Does anyone have any information on whom I should message?

Last edited by moralfibre : 16th April 2019 at 00:49. Reason: Typos
Old 16th July 2020, 14:54   #66
BHPian

My friend who is not a teambhpian shares his similar experience with one of Tata Motors showrooms:

I had booked a Tata Nexon XZ S with Bellad Motors, Ballari, Karnataka on June 11th by paying ₹10,000 as booking amount and had to cancel it within 5 days as we decided to go for a Harrier XMA by saving some more money. Now starts the problem, as I called the Sales Representative to cancel my booking and he said that the car has been dispatched from the factory, I asked him for a proof and he called me back after a few minutes saying the car has not been dispatched but has been allotted in my name for which I again asked for a proof (email from Tata Motors which they get on confirmation) and he called me back to say that the vehicle has not yet been allotted in my name, with this, I asked the Sales Representative to return my ₹10,000 that I had paid towards booking of Nexon XZ (S) variant. The Representative told me that he'll return only ₹7500 as it is the norm at Tata Motors. I asked him to show the terms and conditions slip where all this is written and he says that it is not written anywhere but followed by everyone, at that moment I was like . I raised a complaint against the dealer with Tata Motors customer care and that is when I realised how dumb Tata Motors complaint redressal was. The customer care team again redirects the mail to the same showroom guys who again call me and spin the same story, unlike Toyota and Mahindra the two brands I have experienced where the manufacturer gives the dealership a strict instruction based on the customer complaint and the dealer follows. I have suggested a lot of people to the same showroom and have also got them a business worth nearly 60 lakhs from my side without them even knowing it. I suggested my friends and family members who were looking at Creta to go with Nexon instead for it's brilliant ride quality and safety and few of them also bought Tiago, Nexon and Tigor based on my suggestion. Now I and my family have literally lost faith in Tata Motors, a brand that I religiously used to suggest to everyone and admire for their brilliant cars off late. I just can't imagine how on the earth can they treat a customer who wanted to purchase a vehicle with on road price of 14.5L for the Nexon XZ S diesel in such a way. I eventually settled for them to pay the 7500 rupees since it was literally a mental torture and just get away from the brand and they are taking years together to process the ₹7500 as well. I wanted to delay the purchase to September which is when my funds to buy the car would be ready and with this experience I am better out of Tata Motors and look at some other brands. I think I should stop suggesting Tata motors to others as well. It has been such a great experience altogether that would make me look away from your cars again, no matter how good they are.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed