Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:24   #1
BHPian

Manipal Motors, Bangalore closed - any suggestion for alternative

After moving to Bangalore last year. I was getting my car serviced by Manipal Motors of Airport Road(near Leela). And today morning when I called them up to my surprise found Manipal Motors has closed both dealership and service in Bangalore all together.

Any suggestion for a reliable service station near Indiranagar off ( Airpor Road).

Thanks in advance,
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:42   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

What car do you have ?

Closest : Prerana Motors in OMR, near Tin Factory. All vehicles serviced here. It is near big bazar / shell well before the KR puram bridge

Next Option :
Concorde Motors Dairy circle (cars only, no SUV's).

Prerana Motors & Concorde Motors on Hosur Rd, near Kudlu gate. All vehicles serviced here.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:53   #3
BHPian

I have Indica DLX (2006).

Looks like Prerana is closest one, is this a good one ?

I have very limited knowledge for things under the hood.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the Prerana near Big Bazaar is the nearest one for you.

Btw, there is a new TATA showroom/service center coming up in the ITPL road. I think its called KHT motors or something. Interiors are being done and should be up in a month or so, I believe.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:09   #5
BHPian

Did you actually go to the dealership to see whether they have closed the workshop.? The reason is, last time, when I went for service ( I went without taking an appointment, ) they actually took my car for service ( but told me that they have stopped taking appointments but will service the cars who come as and when. Hence, they might be on the way to close down but might still do service for some more time (?) till all their mechanics were gone

When I went for some minor work there, could see the mechanics and technicians busy collecting various "training completed" certificates.
Old 16th December 2009, 09:56   #6
BHPian

KHT Motors
Old 20th December 2009, 14:34   #7

KHT MOTORS is just next to cosmos mall/HP Pump but only sales is there. Interiors still going on....i got a call frm them last week and was told by them that the service centre is going to come up somewhere near ITPL.
Old 30th December 2009, 20:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

KHT Motors

KHT motors would be opening up their service center shortly. It is a hugh facility (at least appears to be from the outside) just opposite to Graphite India, next to Acme Encore/SJR Brooklyn on ITPL main road. I hope they turn out to be good as it would be a blessing for Safari owners like me who stay in the Whitefield area. It would save me the trouble of going all the way to Concorde on Hosur Road. However, I would wait till they prove their worth as a good A.S.S.
Old 9th February 2010, 12:33   #9
BHPian

KHT motors have indeed started a Tata and Fiat Service Center on Graphite India Road, near SJR Brooklyn. I have got my Tata Indica V2 serviced recently and they have done a good job. Most of the staff there is from Manipal Motors, so thats a plus for them in terms of experience.

The staff is courteous and more than willing to spend the extra bit of time to solve any problems. This may be probably because they have just started and would like to build a sizeable customer base. Their service center no is 9035002286

Regards,
Rams
Old 10th August 2012, 23:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Re: Manipal Motors, Bangalore closed - any suggestion for alternative

This forum hasn't seen any new updates about KHT service centre. If any of you have used the facility recently, please provide feedback, which would help the fellow BHPians.
Servicing a TATA car has becme a real pain from the time Manipal motors closed shop and their service was 100 times better than Prerana in OMR. I tried some near by local garages like Sejal motors, but they are only good for small time repair jobs and not for any major works or any diagnostics, as they rely more on trial and error than a ECU check through a computer, which is not confidence inspiring.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks