Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2009, 10:38   #16
BHPian

Thanks for the reply. Pratham has also offered me similar deal with 2000/- discount on final bill of accessories. I am trying to negotiate with the accessories guy, he has come down to 15% discount (apart from Pratham discount).

I see that you have not got the seat covers yet. I am in touch with couple of shops for seat covers. One is "Bharat Kar Spot" in Marathalli, he is quoting 6000/- for best grade PU seat covers including steering cover and two neck pillows.

Let me know if you are also interested in getting the seat covers done, we can pair up and strike a better deal.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:10   #17

@Nandan: Yes, I believe the steering is on EPS. For Santro I recall that the steering is something else (maybe hydraulic). The steering on the Santro was much more lighter to handle and more of pleasure to drive. In the Ritz it kind of feels like there is more effort required to turn the steering. Maybe after the first service it might become better. If you have been to Kammanahalli Main Road from Banaswadi Main Road you would be able to observe this. You need to come down a flyover which is curving down. When driving down I always could drive with a single hand on my Santro, but on the Ritz I need to keep both hands on the steering, if not I feel a strain on my right hand. When coming down it feels like the wheels are trying to straighten out and you need to hold on to the steering wheel firmly to complete the curve.

The spoiler is purely cosmetic. It kind of takes away "the chopped off back" look of the Ritz, if you know what I mean... The boot space is compromised, but the sub-woofer box is not fixed permanently. The speaker wire is connected by means of an RCA jack and so disconnecting the box in case of any long trips to accomodate luggage is not an issue.

@Gandhi: Thanks for the offer. Incidentally I already have the steering grip and neck pillows. I have not put the neck pillows yet on the car. I would prefer to get my seat covers done at my local accessories store because he is offering me art leather for 5500/-. Anyway i would not be going for the seat covers at least for another couple of months.
Oh by the way i recall a friend of mine saying that Stanley leather is available for 10K in Bangalore. You can check it out if you are interested...

One more thing I noticed today while driving in the rain was that the windows were getting fogged with A/C on. Never have faced this in my Santro. Was wondering if someone else is seeing this...
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajirm View Post
The steering on the Santro was much more lighter to handle and more of pleasure to drive. In the Ritz it kind of feels like there is more effort required to turn the steering.
I too had felt this in my i10 test drive. Its steering was much more light than that of Ritz. Eventually I went with Ritz as I felt the lighter steering will not inspire confidence at high speed.

Quote:
One more thing I noticed today while driving in the rain was that the windows were getting fogged with A/C on. Never have faced this in my Santro. Was wondering if someone else is seeing this...
Does this happen even after you switch on the defoggers? I had test driven Ritz when it was pouring like hell, and never faced this issue.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi Friend,
The spoiler is good to enhance the look of your car. I do look for one in Chennai but I did not get. Just I wanted to make the rear appeal of my VDI better for others. I am very fine with the look and comfort. Enjoy and Care your Ritz.
Old 24th November 2009, 23:27   #20
ada
BHPian

Hi Saji, belated congrats on your Ritz purchase. Ritz zxi is value for money. The moment I learned that its cost was around 45K less then Swift zxi, i knew I was going for it. Windows do get fogged, I guess defogger or heater clears the rear glass/front glass much better then side windows. I did not have previous experience of power steering, but I too have found steering a bit hard, could be because of wider tires? And yes even the buffoons in Mumbai had filled excessive air in my tyres, after two days of bumpy ride, I got the same corrected (mine was closer to 35/36). On confronting them the dealer replied that tyre was intentionally kept a little over inflated as they would not know how much time the car would lie in the stock yard.

Last edited by ada : 24th November 2009 at 23:28.
Old 30th November 2009, 13:17   #21
BANNED

Is there any way of connecting USB with the fitted music system in Ritz ZXI ?
Old 30th November 2009, 13:34   #22

@del.guy: I could not find an option to connect USB. There is an aux-in jack on the front panel though.
Old 1st December 2009, 11:13   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajirm View Post
@del.guy: I could not find an option to connect USB. There is an aux-in jack on the front panel though.
yeah..its a 3.5 jack and can be used to connect mobile phone.

Also someone mentioned that Ritz does not has tubeless tyres. Its strange I got my car delivered on 27th Nov and it has tubeless tyres.

I will write a detailed review soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks