Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2009, 10:11   #16
Team-BHP Support

Where exactly is this place Benny?
Old 25th December 2009, 10:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hasn't anyone gone to them with any issues? ( starting trouble/underbody noises/dicey electricals etc?) Anybody can wash a working car and certify that it has passed a 101 point checklist, but can they troubleshoot and fix real problems ?
Old 25th December 2009, 23:28   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
If you're coming from Marathalli, this place is just about 2 kms from Innovative Multiplex, to your left. Should be easy to spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Hasn't anyone gone to them with any issues? ( starting trouble/underbody noises/dicey electricals etc?) Anybody can wash a working car and certify that it has passed a 101 point checklist, but can they troubleshoot and fix real problems ?
msharma_79, a member has mentioned about his experiences with servicing at Carnation on this thread.

Since the place is not yet totally up and running (in Bangalore), its too early to comment as of now about their trouble shooting skills.
Old 26th December 2009, 13:49   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice detailed review. However, I'll wait for your verdict when you give the car for a proper repair job / intensive service. The other carnation reviews on the forum haven't been so encouraging.
Old 26th December 2009, 17:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
The workshop is at kadubeesanahalli the next junction after marathahalli when going towards silk board . At the kadubeesanahalli junction take the service road which goes to cessna business park /Symphony/Cisco Systems.
Old 28th December 2009, 10:19   #21
BHPian

One more thing which i forgot to mention which benbs has said that they have a one supervisor who is practically a Enquiry office, all the Service guys approach him for different cars, for me that is scary because he fumbled twice while I was there and corrected himself.

Makes you bit uncomfortable, but I hope they turned out to better at the services than the other individual owned service centres.
Old 28th December 2009, 10:31   #22
Team-BHP Support

Jaggu and myself went and checked out the place over the weekend.

Right now they have no facilities open apart from the 25 point promotional check. That is a very basic 10minute check after which they do a full body wash and interior vacuum.

The wash was decent since it was a pressure wash. Not that great but average wash job done.

The main hurdle as Benny also mentioned is the wash. It took ages to get done.

They have a huge facility with 36 bays and 18-20 2 post hoists. The service advisors are polite but I'm not sure how familiar they are with the cars.

My Lancer is completely debadged with no mitsubishi or lancer badges in the rear. The service advisor had no clue what car it was. I was watching the fun as he spoke to another guy then came and asked me which car it was.

The parts are got directly from OE vendors and not through the manufacturer so the costs will lesser than OE. For general service and oil changes (like getting our own oil and changing in front of us) carnation is a good alternative as A.S.S don't allow you to get your own oil from outside.

Let's see how it goes.
Old 28th December 2009, 10:51   #23
Team-BHP Support

Vidyut the guy who was confused was the wash supervisor and not SA

I would wait for them to setup properly, get their inventory right etc before i venture in. They will have a full fledged accident repair facility with paint booth facility also. Have tied up with all insurance except National Insurance, is what our lady guide informed us.
Old 28th December 2009, 11:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
For general service and oil changes (like getting our own oil and changing in front of us) carnation is a good alternative as A.S.S don't allow you to get your own oil from outside
I'm not sure whether they'd allow oil/lubricants from outside. Carnation website says that it is not allowed.

Quote:
• What engine oil do you use?
We use Castrol GTX, but on demand of customer, we can use other grades of Oil from Castrol.

• Can I use my own lubes for my Vehicle?
No, the lubes and parts from outside cannot be accepted.
Old 29th December 2009, 20:51   #25
BHPian

Quote:

The parts are got directly from OE vendors and not through the manufacturer so the costs will lesser than OE. For general service and oil changes (like getting our own oil and changing in front of us) carnation is a good alternative as A.S.S don't allow you to get your own oil from outside.

Let's see how it goes.
Thanks for the review Vidyut ! Am planning to check the place out this weekend !

Im not sure how they have managed to get the parts directly from the OE vendors, there are generally agreements signed between OEM's and the vendors that parts cannot be supplied to the open market. (Toyota & Honda are particularly strict in this aspect)

Btw, For my Swift & City i dont face any issues with Pratham Motors or Whitefield Honda who allow me to bring in my own brand of E/G oil (i prefer Shell Helix) They just charge me for the labour and the Oil filter, washers, etc.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

I would wait for them to setup properly, get their inventory right etc before i venture in. They will have a full fledged accident repair facility with paint booth facility also. Have tied up with all insurance except National Insurance, is what our lady guide informed us.
Am looking forward to the paint booth , Especially considering the exorbitant quotes ive seen from A.S.S for tinkering/repainting a bumper or doors.
Old 30th December 2009, 11:20   #26
BHPian

Any idea whether they are getting in any sort of tie up with insurance companies for accidental repairs.
Old 30th December 2009, 11:32   #27
BHPian

Got my car serviced by carnation WOW, The service advisor was patient enough to explain the procedure and other details about the problems and other technical stuff when i asked him. Service was quick compared to M.A.S.S. Due to some other reasons my body polish couldn't happen so the advisor promised that he would get back in a day or 2 and polish my car but he dint.

The very next day i got a call from carnation about the car's condition and service details. I said im not satisfied as my polish is still due and few problems like sounds from doors, Loose rear bumper, etc ect were not rectified. She booked an appointment for today and asked me to come down if possible and i said ok. But can't go out today as there is this stupid bund going on for a stupid reason.

Over all the service was good and comfortable. The service advisors should be trained more.
Old 30th December 2009, 11:42   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
Any idea whether they are getting in any sort of tie up with insurance companies for accidental repairs.
Yes they have tie up with all insurance except national insurance, since with National insurance they were facing problems with rates approval as per the information from BLR Carnation.
Old 30th December 2009, 11:46   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Vidyut the guy who was confused was the wash supervisor and not SA
Yeah the wash supervisor was confused as well. Actually the guy who prepared the job card also had no clue about my car. He called another chap and asked him about the car. I overheard the conversation and told him that it was a Lancer and he was surprised and asked me why no badges. Later on he wrote on I saw my job card and it read Lansen car.

It would have been good if the ex-Lathangi mitsubishi and Ford guy was there on that day. He was on leave on that day as Benny mentioned.
Old 12th January 2010, 15:39   #30
BHPian

Car: New Honda City Exi (idsi) [2004]
KM: 63,750
Problem: - lot of clunky metal noises from the front (self assesment - axle problem)

Diagnosed at Apex Honda for both rear wheel bearings, faulty front lower arm right, steering mount bushing missing.

Being not to happy with apex honda service i took the car to Arya honda (sewri) and hear a different story, they say that the steering rake assembly has a problem and will need to be replaced, the rear wheel bearings remain the same, and they also say that the knocking sounds that i can hear from the car might not completely dissapear. I ran away !!

Decided to get a third opinion from carnation.

Service was prompt, service advisor friendly, car was taken to the bay and lifted, and he promptly showed the problem areas.

The engine mount along with the lower arms were gone, also the bearings for the rear wheels.

happy with the way they dealt left the car there, they gave an estimate of all the work and labour involved.

Final bill, was 33K for the whole job.

Car cleaning was fantastic and the noises gone, the drive quality is improved and the car feels as good as new.

Got a call for feedback the next day, just wanted to get a small thing checked again, and they said I could bring in the car anytime and get it done and even appointed a service advisor on the phone that i could meet as the guy who dealt with me on the car was on leave.

Overall, I am very happy with the service provided and the job done. they even returned the broken spares, the car got all the attention as mine was the only car in that day. I am so happy that i am going to take my swift to them this saturday as i am tired of M.A.S.S. and the service at Ratan motors aint that great.

Thought i would share this little review !!!

Last edited by ibcool : 12th January 2010 at 15:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks