Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2009, 17:58   #1
BHPian

M.A.S.S interlinked (central repository of service history)

This week I went to M.A.S.S for service of my brother's car (which he bought quite recently) and it was a surprise when service advisor indicated that
the M.A.S.S computer network is interlinked or they all save information at a centralized location (may be provided by Maruti) which can be retrieved by any M.A.S.S.
He pulled out the service history of the car with ease and showed us the list of services/repairs done on the car.
Ofcourse, the services/repairs done only at M.A.S.S are reflected in the report. So repairs done at road side shop or other locations do not appear in the report.
Inspite of this, I felt this is a neat feature. This would really come handy while buying used cars and can retrieve past history of the car with ease.

I'm not sure for how long this interlinked network exists. I remember asking the SA last year about the interlinking of their own service stations and the reply was negative.
Old 25th December 2009, 12:00   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Honestly, if you ask me, I'd say "what took them so long?" Tata has been maintaining a centralized database of service records since a couple of years now.

Either ways, a step in the right direction. Makes things easier for customers, dealers and the manufacturers alike.
Old 25th December 2009, 12:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't Hyundai do the same for a while now? Is this a "new" to Maruti?!!
Old 27th December 2009, 01:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

I did my car service last year I mean in 2008. That time itself I found the history in the worksheet of MASS. So it seems they had it before 2008,
Old 27th December 2009, 21:38   #5
BHPian

I guess this feature existed much before. Maybe the dealer has now only been added to the network.
Old 28th December 2009, 11:39   #6
BHPian

nope this feature is available from long time back as i remember. they have central repository from where you can fetch the car details and service history. They dont give details to all the customer who has intent of buying second hand car but if you know people there then they might help you in giving details.
Old 28th December 2009, 12:16   #7
Team-BHP Support

This was available since last 2 years atleast IIRC.
Old 28th December 2009, 12:21   #8
BHPian

Even Mahindra is having details on a central Repository since a long time ( i think for around 2- 3 years). It really works wonders whe you are in to buy a Second hand vehicle or want to sell yours.
Old 28th December 2009, 12:30   #9
BHPian

May be it has something to do with Maruti's TruValue initiative!!
Old 28th December 2009, 15:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
This week I went to M.A.S.S for service of my brother's car (which he bought quite recently) and it was a surprise when service advisor indicated that
the M.A.S.S computer network is interlinked or they all save information at a centralized location (may be provided by Maruti) which can be retrieved by any M.A.S.S.
He pulled out the service history of the car with ease and showed us the list of services/repairs done on the car.
Ofcourse, the services/repairs done only at M.A.S.S are reflected in the report. So repairs done at road side shop or other locations do not appear in the report.
Inspite of this, I felt this is a neat feature. This would really come handy while buying used cars and can retrieve past history of the car with ease.

I'm not sure for how long this interlinked network exists. I remember asking the SA last year about the interlinking of their own service stations and the reply was negative.
I came to know of this when I had taken my car to MSM for the first time (My car has not seen another service center from CARS so far). The SA was able to pull out the complete service history of my car at the click of a button. On asking, I was told that this feature had been in existence for a while now.

He also told me that two MASS in the city (Popular and another one, cant recollect the name now) are yet to be onboarded to this system. Hence, if a car was serviced at any of these MASS, their records would not be available with the other MASS.
Old 1st February 2010, 17:00   #11
BHPian

Do you have the idea whether they will migrate the old data also in to the system?

My service was done in Sagar, Pratham, Bimal and now at Surakshaa. All the services were done at M.A.S.S only. Will they migrate the old history (mine from 2002) as well?

Regards,
Vijay

Most Viewed