Below Your Expectation 69 17.38%
Improvement Needed 68 17.13%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2010, 10:36   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Name: Krishna
Car : Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX
Service at Green Tracks: Meets expectations (would have been a better rating if the communication from the service center was better on the delay due to festival)
Service at Concorde: Meets expectations (sorted out the parking brake light issue within a few minutes, topped up the brake fluid + it was free of cost)

Overall satisfactory, need to see over a longer run. However I doubt the spare part availability (meant the waiting time would be higher)
Old 28th January 2010, 22:39   #92
BHPian

I own a Wagon-R and I own a Punto.

Well. What do I vote for?
[i]Exceeds Your Expectation

I had raised complaints for both the cars respectively
and guess who responded the first and best? TATA-FIAT off-course!

Concorde Motors, Kochi, are doing a decent job and when people ask me about
the A.S.Service of FIAT I smile, I say better than Maruti, I say. [Okay, may be little overdoing of flattery here]
Old 28th January 2010, 22:50   #93
Senior - BHPian

at present according to the polls nearly one quarter of the customers are not satisfied. i think fiat must definitely look into this and make necessary amendments
Old 29th January 2010, 12:10   #94

I own a palio 1.6. earlier I used to visit wasan deonar, Mumbai and my experiences with them are great. As deonar is very far from my home I stated giving my car to wasan kandivali (w) for regular service and I can say the experience is ok.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:48   #95
BHPian

I own a palio 1.6,

I have visited concorde motors couple of times and both the times the knowledge of the people there on retro palio's was not so good and did not do a good job. Since then have switched to alternate options in bangalore
Old 8th February 2010, 11:33   #96
Senior - BHPian

Got the steering box replaced - above my expectation!

I refer to my previous post about the Power steering issue I had:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1651160

This was caused due to a leak in the steering box seal. That was about three weeks ago when I took the car to Kulathunkal TASS.

The issue was temporarily fixed by topping up the PS fluid. They gave me 1L of fluid for free, to occasionally top it up while they immediately ordered for a new steering box. The whole thing took only 10 minutes.

To my surprise, the spare part had arrived in two weeks time(!) and last Friday I took the car to Kulathunkal TASS again for the steering box replacement.

Got the car next day morning - the issue is resolved, the steering feels a bit lighter and has got better feedback now. I think the old steering box was indeed faulty and it was not only the leak.

The spare part costs 22K and the overall bill was something like 23K I didn't bother to look at the figures closely because I paid nothing, warranty covered.

Overall downtime caused - one day at TASS, the car was regularly being used during the spare part waiting time.

Now this one alone is above my expectation! This spare part is not a common one and still they manage to get it in time!
Old 8th February 2010, 11:51   #97
BHPian

My family owns a Palio 1.6 GTX since Jan 2002.
We had no problems when we used to go to the FIAT services centres in Goa but the poor service experience started once it closed down and we had to go to the TATA-FIAT service centre in South Goa which is a 50km drive from our place in Mapusa (North Goa).

The TATA-FIAT service center facilities are very poor and they have only one FIAT trained technician. When we had a problem with the alternation and it had to be changed, they took over a week to get the new part and the car was left in their yard for the whole duration. Once we got the car back the engine never felt the same. Not sure if they switched part from the engine when the removed it to replace the alternator. The engine sound was a lot louder than before, someone even asking us if it was a Diesel. When we told them about it they said there was no problems. We took it to 3 different mechanics and all of the immediately (1 without even opening the bonnet) said that it was a problem with a some thing called "engine packing".

Another time when we took it for service we were given a bill of Rs4,500 because they decided to use costly engine and fuel cleaners without informing us and the car still felt the same.

After these two episodes we decided to get the car serviced for the first time from an non A.S.S garage and have vowed never to buy a FIAT again. We previously owned a Padmini and an UNO Diesel.
Old 8th February 2010, 15:59   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post

This was caused due to a leak in the steering box seal. That was about three weeks ago when I took the car to Kulathunkal TASS.

The issue was temporarily fixed by topping up the PS fluid. They gave me 1L of fluid for free, to occasionally top it up while they immediately ordered for a new steering box. The whole thing took only 10 minutes.

To my surprise, the spare part had arrived in two weeks time(!) and last Friday I took the car to Kulathunkal TASS again for the steering box replacement.

Got the car next day morning - the issue is resolved, the steering feels a bit lighter and has got better feedback now. I think the old steering box was indeed faulty and it was not only the leak.

The spare part costs 22K and the overall bill was something like 23K I didn't bother to look at the figures closely because I paid nothing, warranty covered.

Overall downtime caused - one day at TASS, the car was regularly being used during the spare part waiting time.

Now this one alone is above my expectation! This spare part is not a common one and still they manage to get it in time!
I think this is really a commendable job. FIAT deserves a pat on the back.
Old 8th February 2010, 16:32   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post

Congrats clevermax for the issue getting fixed . Did you car need CSC replacement by the way?
Old 9th February 2010, 15:56   #100
BHPian

I do not own a Fiat and thus did not take part in the poll. It appears that the Punto/Linea owners are more happy than Palio/Sienna/Uno owners when it comes to service. Just an observation. I guess TATA-FIAT engineers are trained to service the newer Fiats. Would that be right?
Old 10th February 2010, 22:42   #101
BHPian

Talking of Fiat After sales service, One of My friend Bought Punto Active 1.2 from RAMA delhi On 30th Jan , they are neither allowing him to install central Locking nor FOG lamps,from outside saying this Voids warranty . Now My question is , who is responsible If the CAR is Stolen due to Lack of Central Locking ,what if he faces a accident due to Non - availability of FOG lights ???

He has tried every trick in the book with dealer, without Any result. He has already written twice to CEO corner as well, no response , Will appreciate if some body pls PM me the Details Of FIAT Higher One's. that Seems to be the Only Viable Solution now.
Old 11th February 2010, 00:41   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Talking of Fiat After sales service, One of My friend Bought Punto Active 1.2 from RAMA delhi On 30th Jan , they are neither allowing him to install central Locking nor FOG lamps,from outside saying this Voids warranty . Now My question is , who is responsible If the CAR is Stolen due to Lack of Central Locking ,what if he faces a accident due to Non - availability of FOG lights ???

He has tried every trick in the book with dealer, without Any result. He has already written twice to CEO corner as well, no response , Will appreciate if some body pls PM me the Details Of FIAT Higher One's. that Seems to be the Only Viable Solution now.
I' sorry to say but to me it sounds unfair on your friend's part. For Central Locking - why your friend want to install them from outside? they maynot be genuine and may cause some electric problem- It is available from the company itself and I am sure dealer will not object if you install the genuine parts. I see no fault of Fiat or Dealer here. Again, on Fog Lamps - if he faces an accident due to non-availability of FOG lights (taking it from your post only)- it is he who will be responsible. I mean if he is so concerned about it why did not he go for a model that has fog lights? Today I buy a non-ABS version car and then complain to the car company about my safety - isn't that sound unfair? Anyway, these are my thoughts; you may some genuine reasons that I am not able to see/understand at this point.

Last edited by kanwal : 11th February 2010 at 00:51.
Old 11th February 2010, 01:06   #103
BHPian

HI Kanwal,
He is Running After Dealer, Only to get the central Locking & Fog Lamps Installed from dealer himself. Issue, he has is that neither they are doing it themselves nor allowing him to get this done from outside ,Threatening warranty. Do you think this is Proper Attitude of dealer since CL is available .

As for Fog Lamps Goes, he has each and every right to Buy the model he wish to( acc to his budget) and modify that to his requirements. Offcourse Manugacturer is not responsible if he has fiddled with Car Engine or Other Imp Part in Car , Still for FOG lamps , warranty will void only if he fiddles with Internal OEM wire harness . untill that's intact warranty goes no where . Will request FIAT guru's for their Comments .
Old 11th February 2010, 01:09   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post

Dude !! Your post has got nothing to do with the quality of Fiat's A.S.S.

Fiat already has its own Central Locking System on offer as an accessory. Check this : Fiat India

About fog lamps : he should not be driving in the fog if his car does not have fog lamps. If he faces an accident : only he is to be blamed. Not the car, nor the A.S.S.

I am glad "every trick in the book" did not work with the dealer. That just goes to show the dealership is not ready to break the rules laid down by the manufacturer. I would rate the dealer highly on this.

And I am pretty sure nobody is going to give you the email id's of Fiat's top personnel for this issue (In fact, an issue does not exist at all !!)
Old 11th February 2010, 01:48   #105
BHPian

FIAT Customer Service Camps

I had a chat with Mangesh Kodalkar, Customer services Manager at FIAT regarding my Linea.

During the chat, he informed that FIAT is planning to hold 2 day customer service/feedback camp in every city where they have a sizeable population of Linea and Punto customers.

The basic idea is to offer free service camps to customer, get feedback from existing Linea and Punto customers and to guage the mindset of customer’s earlier perception about FIAT and the current perception.

I am not sure how FIAT would be communicating this to all but i was requested to share this information with all Linea/Punto owners in my friends circle.

Extract of the mail received from Mangesh later in the day attached for your reference.

Quote :

Dear Sir,

As discussed.

Free checks up camps are organized at Tata Fiat dealers through our distributor Tata Motors, with support back up from Fiat for all its customers.

Schedule dates as below :
  • 20 & 21 Feb 2010 – North Region ( Delhi-NCR,Chandighar, Ludhiana , Lucknow )
  • 27 & 28 Feb 2010 – East Region ( Kolkata ,Bhubaneshwar,Guwahati)
  • 6 & 7 Mar 2010 – South Region ( Bangalore , Chennai, Hyderabad , Cochin , Trivandrum , Coimbatore )
  • 13 & 14 Mar 2010 – West Region ( Mumbai , Thane , Kalyan, A’bad, Nagpur , Indore , Surat , Jaipur)
  • To obtain maximum customer contact & response all above are scheduled on Saturday & Sunday.
Requesting to give vide publicity at all forums.

Thanking you in advance

Best regards,
Mangesh Kodalkar
Customer Service s Department
( For Fiat Linea and Fiat Grande Punto)
Fiat India Automobiles Limited
B-19,Ranjangaon MIDC Industrial Area
Ranjangaon-412210
Taluka Shirur,District Pune
Maharashtra
Tel +91 2138 672764
Fax +91 2138 672800