Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2005, 14:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

That is a good news. Whenever you meet him :
1) Please be courteous and not brash. You have had bad experience but hold that back for a while.
2) Explain the whole story in exact details without any imaginary additions from your side.
3) Tell him exact reasons why you think it was dealer's fault. Explain why it can not be other way round. Tell him that you were asked not to turn on a/c till run-in. Ask him to cross check this with the salesman concerned. With GM putting pressure, he may speak truth.
We trust your words and your seems to be genuine case, but he is running a business and unless you are able to convince him (since you have no proofs), there is not much hope for you.
Old 14th September 2005, 16:45   #47
BHPian

thats good news mac!!
Like rx says, try to be as polite as you can and try to make them understand why you feel so let down by their attitude (of trying to make a fool of a customer, this to a guy who knows what he's talking about and just think about all those other people who buy cars from them).
But dont lose hope, you never even imagined of coming this far!!! right!!!
So you have reached where you are and just need to be a bit more patient!!
Hope things wokr out fine!! Waiting to hear more on this!!
good luck to you,
ak
Old 14th September 2005, 17:04   #48
BHPian

just could not help thinking!!!
What would have been the scenario, had this happened at a fiat dealers??
Old 14th September 2005, 17:22   #49
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh
just could not help thinking!!!
What would have been the scenario, had this happened at a fiat dealers??
well that surely would have meant it was time for them to pack their bags and get out of india asap..
Old 14th September 2005, 17:29   #50
BHPian

Quote:
(GTO hope ur listening,might need ur help on this)
Hey sorry for the late reply but I just saw this. Sure thing!! If there is anything I can do to help, just PM or email me on rush@team-bhp.com

Good to hear that the management is now concerned. Keep us updated as theres only positive that can come out of such a situation

GTO
Old 14th September 2005, 18:18   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
That is a good news. Whenever you meet him :
1) Please be courteous and not brash. You have had bad experience but hold that back for a while.
2) Explain the whole story in exact details without any imaginary additions from your side.
3) Tell him exact reasons why you think it was dealer's fault. Explain why it can not be other way round.
Absolutely correct!

I had an issue once with Concorde Guindy over the replacement of spark plugs and MPFI HT cables. They charged me for 4 but I could find only 1 plug + cable in the boot.

I was very angry but explained patiently to the customer relationship manager what the issue was - the service advisor claimed that all 4 had been changed and the workshop wasn't able to confirm this.

I gave them the benefit of doubt (saying everybody makes mistakes but as long as they are fixed, I'm happy) and only asked that they verify everything from their side (from service advisor to workshop mechanic to billing section) and since I have already paid for the complete set, they should replace it (again) after checking.

They later confirmed that only 1 had been changed but the billing section had assumed 4, and so, I was overcharged.

I had to wait for a week before they replaced the set but believe me, guys, just because I gave them the benefit of doubt while still escalating to their management, I have been getting royal treatment ever since. Or so I would like to believe
Old 14th September 2005, 18:25   #52
Senior - BHPian

Avinash: It depends on which Fiat dealer.

Hrag: That was a nice thing you did Hrag. Most often we forget that if we are polite and courteous a lot of problems get solved.
Old 14th September 2005, 21:11   #53
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Man all Maruti Dealers are CRAP.. but still JD power awards it every time. That makes me think if all others are even worse!.

Anyways, I recently replaced the stereo of my WagonR .. and guess what the maruti dealer who had installed it had cut all the wires for installing!....

back to the current case...
Are we missing something? ... as per my understanding the fan that was touching the condenser is the one installed behind the radiator!... So even in normal driving it has to come up! .. bangalore is not that cold to completely hold the fan from starting.
So won't it make that sound even without the A/C?
Old 14th September 2005, 21:36   #54
Senior - BHPian

Mclaren1885 I just hope you get a positive response. Some showrooms are big cheaters and they know that it doesnot affect much to them if one customer goes! Damn!

If the dealer is caught it will be out of MAS.

@SLK the thing is that they have soo many cars to sell and service that they are becoming high headed!

@typeone Is there a thread which does not have FIAT listed in it

and Since Fiat is listed i would say that even Fiat does better job then Maruti Please. So dont accuse fiat ASS see Maruti first
Old 15th September 2005, 15:59   #55
BHPian

the whole talk of blaming the car companies because of things that the dealers do is pretty heart breaking..
we can never say anything bad against the marutis, coz they r the guys who have been instrumental in moving a lot of indians (masses if u take out the public transports) and that goes pretty much the same for the ASS also. I have had some pretty bad experiences of complacency and high headedness with the maruti guys in bangalore . and had some really nice things to say about the ABT guys in chennai.. so it all finally melts down to what the dealer is??? and the company in turn takes the credit ( be it good or bad) ...
we being petrol-heads need to think above a layman's intel when we say about ASS and stuff like that..
i am not sure but, i think even mac once said that he would never go to the r.n.s guys for another car, so he clearly doesn't have anything against the marutis'. that's the way that we need to look at it!!
right!!
on the whole, its been a real eye opener for a lot of guys who had been part of this forum, as regards the experince and the things that need to be taken care during delivery of a new car (crtsy kishor kulkarni)...
we'll hope that things improve from now on and mac expecting a positive reply from the rns gm..

ak
Old 15th September 2005, 16:16   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
@typeone Is there a thread which does not have FIAT listed in it
typeO BUSA, typeO. *LOL*

Dont call me out on this one. Catch Avinash for this. But yeah, the moment I post, 'Fiat' is there. After all it is in my avatar. *LOL*
Old 15th September 2005, 16:36   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
typeO BUSA, typeO. *LOL*

Dont call me out on this one. Catch Avinash for this. But yeah, the moment I post, 'Fiat' is there. After all it is in my avatar. *LOL*
LOL
i would say for the current debate we should just leave the companies out and just talk about the dealers...
hope every one seconds that!!!
but i personally feel! even that would be a bit too biased coz, there have been instances of having varied experiences even with the same dealer, for ex; someone would say that the dealer had been very help ful throughout!! some would say otherwise!!! (maybe the same dealer - which is rare on the whole)
but the scenario here is different, the dealer has tried to push the buck to a seemingly innocous 21 yr old who was pretty much exicted to take delivery of the new car!! and tried to blame that he had caused the damage to the car!!
So for us to set our things straight, we may need to do some pushing (up till someone high in the MUL scale) if things don't work out with the dealer.. that should not be required, as rns gm seems to be pretty level headed and knows that a tbhpian can't easily be pushed over.

ak
Old 15th September 2005, 16:38   #58
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

ok ok here is some awesome news guys..visited the showroom at around 2:30 today..decided to tell the manager to show any damage on the bumper,that if he could point out any damage il just get out of there without a word..but to my suprise he said he wanted to see nothing and that he had already taken a decision in the meeting that happened today morning without even seeing the car..calls the works manager and tells him to replace everything thats damaged and that too at the dealers cost(the works manager didnt seem happy though as he was the only one against the company taking responsibility for this the last time) ..so that means a new codensor and a new bumper and i can pick up my car tomorrow evening..so now it will be as good as new..

very sweet guy the manager was and really respected us and actually offered us cooldrinks,took us to his cabin,told us nothing to worry about now and that he would make sure everything is back to near perfect..and even decided to drop us in his personal car(sent the driver) as the company rules state that they can drop only within a radius of 5km,but the driver dropped us all the way to my house thats about 15km..im really happy now and must thank u all for this as it wouldnt have beeen possible if not for u all..

PS: the manager is newly apppointed about a month or so back and he knows how to treat his customers unlike the previous one..so as long as he is there(Mr.Patil his name) i suggest u can approch R.N.S.

OK guys must really thank u all a lot,all this would not have been possible without ur support and guidance..i owe this to u all..well done TBHPians,i really appreciate ur concern for each other..

PS:how this was possible?? the director read this thread on hearing from someone and directed the GM to look into it..and need i say as to what happened next..anyways tried to sneak out some info on the new baleno but couldnt get much out of them..will try again tomorrow..
Old 15th September 2005, 16:53   #59
BHPian

congrats on that!!!
one good thing has come out of this after such a torrid time!!
but now u shouldn't worry too much!!! u should be getting some real service from them even if the GM is not around coz the works mgr knows what'd happen if he tries to play again!! hope overall the service at rns improves...

ak
Old 15th September 2005, 17:14   #60
BHPian

Thank goodness, tbhp does carry some weight...
Was a bit worried since i bought from the same dealer and my second service was coming up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks