Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 07:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1

Hi,

I was driving home on 6th Jan from office and at a turning, a mosquito/fly decides to irritate the neck of a buffalo, who shakes its head violently to ward off the fly. The cyclist who is beside the buffalo gets threatened with the sudden 'head shake' and falls to the right!

To the right in that second, is my car zooming off at ~30-40kmph and LO!! the cyclist with his cycle is on my speckless car scratching my love from the rear Left passenger door till the bottom cladding panels!! I catch all this from the corner of my left eye and knowing that the right is clear swerve my car to the right.

I just felt a slight sound, saw in the left ORVM the guy on the road trying to get up. I stop to check if the cyclist is fine and the damage to my car. The cyclist is fine and tells me to proceed, however when I saw my car I felt very bad- the deep gash/scratch is there with a dent into the door

So the mind starts racing and planning for getting the car back to its original form. I get into the car starts to drive and pull my car into a safe parking area slightly ahead. I call up my M&M ASC AML contacts and describe them the "gash & anguish". I was advised to go to the body shop for estimate and the work, however one challenge is the sticker/decal on the mHawk-vlx which has to purchased as a full kit for Rs.10000/- and cannot be sourced seperate.

I then call my M&M contact, who gets his phone to work. The next day morning, I got a call from my M&M contact that he could arrange the decal for the door and it would be FREE for me. That was a delight for me.

7th Jan, I could not go to the body shop due to prior work commitments and on 8th I took leave for the day and land myself with the ride at body shop sharp at 9am. (All through this I was very uncomfortable for my car!)

I meet Prasad-who is the body shop supervisor and explain/show him the problem, he promptly tells me to leave the car for two days and come back the next day. I told him that I would appreciate if they can get my car done EOD.
I was asked to wait for Mr.Giri-Manager who comes in ten minutes and I put forward all my points in front of him. Giri in the mean time had got calls from M&M, ASC-AML regarding my car and was ready for me. Giri agrees to get my car done by EOD and is a man with superb 'Eye for detail' and lovely 'Customer attitude'.

Giri puts some experienced hands at work on my car and mind you the entire body shop is overflowing with vehicles to be completed due to recent bandhs and what all is happening in AP.

I then keep following my car(as usual) whereever it went throughout the day and by evening I was over whelmed when I saw the car out of the paint baking booth- there it was, A SCRATCHLESS THURSDAY!!

The financial damage was Rs.4000 for paint job and Rs.1750 for the rear foot step which I wanted for my car to protect the rear bumper from autos, bikes & other intruders!!

I place my thanks and appreciation to the Mr.Giri, Mr.Prasad and Mr. Shankar(the body shop personnel) who worked on my car to 'my satisfaction' of AML, Jeedimetla. Your penchant for customer service and the domain expertise is a sure WINNER!!

I now let the pictures talk!!
Attached Thumbnails
Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-scratch-caused-door-dent.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-scratch-side-view-1.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-scratch-side-view-2.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-car-dent-pulled-out-scrubbed.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-pulled-out-scrubbed-rear-l-door.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-car-getting-ready-primer-coating-1.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-after-primer-coating-done-scrubbed-area.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-primer-coating-2.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-primer-coating-3.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-buffing-progress-after-round-lappam.jpg  

Last edited by getsurya : 8th January 2010 at 07:28.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2010, 07:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

SCRATCHLESS THURSDAY!! Pics-2

The second set of pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-giri-work-very-good-work-attitude.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-giri-body-shop-manager-man-eye-detail.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-door-getting-buffed-smoothness.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-door-getting-ready-final-show-painting.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-door-dulled-uniform-paint-effect.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-car-inside-paint-booth-climax.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-guns-being-fired-see-readiness.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-paint-progress.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-paint-progress-after-right-mixing-achieved.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-after-paint-clear-being-applied-gloss.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-after-baking-70-degrees-c-car-out-scratchless.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-installed-rear-step-8-seaterrear-protection.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 8th January 2010, 08:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to you! The way you take care of that baby is incredible. One small gash/scratch and you get it fixed immediately. Nice.

Cheers,
Old 8th January 2010, 09:14   #4
BHPian

Good surya. Nice efforts on your baby

Believe that they initially put the putty aftre roughing the surface, then buffing and then painting the whole door. Great job done
Old 8th January 2010, 09:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

thats good job done, all completed in one day.

Costed also quite decent.

How did they remove the dent ?
Old 8th January 2010, 09:36   #6
Team-BHP Support

Surya, you really do love your Scorp. No wonder its so immaculately maintained!
one scratch adn you got it taken care of. You really should see my car these days. :(
Old 8th January 2010, 09:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

This is how you show your love for your car. And, glad to know that Mahindra has an excellent service section.
Old 8th January 2010, 09:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi Surya,

Such things happens sometimes. Though all drivers know that our mind and heart has different feeling for our Chariot. Any how your Scorp in good shape with the good job of the Body shop Guys.
Old 8th January 2010, 10:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Good photographs explaining step by step painting work.
And ofcourse nice job done and the car is shining well.

And now, who is responsible for this - The Buffalo, the fly/mosquito or the Cyclist?

Last edited by nairrk : 8th January 2010 at 10:09. Reason: correction
Old 8th January 2010, 10:13   #10
BHPian

Hey Man,

That's something your SCORP will love you for.

I do not know if you believe in Vehicles do have instincts but trust me your scorp will take you long long way for the love of his Master.

Cheers
Propeller
Old 8th January 2010, 10:38   #11
BHPian

I really admire some of the BHPians who love their car so much and can't stand even a minor scratch on her body for a minute. (I wonder whether they bestow so much attention to their wives and children.)

In this instance getsurya did get things lightning fast and congratulations to him.

I admire Sir navan49 too, for he never lost sleep when his baby was torn, kept cool but at the same time brought her back to shape in no time.

One day when I was brushing my baby with the Jopasu brush, I suddenly noticed some light scratches on the front Bumper in front of the driver-side wheel well. It was as if somebody carrying some heavy load on his hand had scraped against the front bumper as he moved. I was taken by surprise since I could not recollect any instance of my scraping against anything in the immediate past. Otherwise I would have posted it immediately under the thread " When did you have the first scratch on your body - sorry, - your car's body? " The scratch marks are so light and visible only on closer inspection. Later I recollected that it should have happened when I had given my car for valet parking - that useless hotel had no parking place worth the name - and the valet had parked it on the footpath. A pedestrian who was forced to walk on the road could have unwittingly caused the injury.

I wanted to take my car immediately to the body shop and get it done. But the thought of the shopwala laughing at me for bringing it in for those otherwise invisible scratches kept me off. Perhaps I shall get it done when more serious injuries are inflicted.
Old 8th January 2010, 14:21   #12
BHPian

It looks as if nothing had ever happened to it.
Old 8th January 2010, 15:50   #13
Senior - BHPian

getsurya
The paint done is really good.

But found some discripancies on the dates, Check below
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi,

I was driving home on 6th Jan from office
7th Jan, I could not go to the body shop due to prior work commitments and on 8th I took leave for the day and land myself with the ride at body shop sharp at 9am.
he promptly tells me to leave the car for two days and come back the next day.
Coz today is 8th JAN, you have posted by 7AM.
Are the dates correct ??
Old 8th January 2010, 21:03   #14
BHPian

Quote:
And now, who is responsible for this - The Buffalo, the fly/mosquito or the Cyclist?
Of course- The mosquito nair !

Hey Surya,

great love for the car. This kind of dedication & love is very hard to find even in humans these days, i think.

i liked it. Keep it up.

Your scorpio is absolutely a lucky one. As i know , cars in Hyd could be maintained/looked after like you. This a story and an example for many.

Its nice to sit at a place & see the pictures you have posted, But i clearly understand the value of time, money and effort you would have spent.

You have treated her like, the one with life & soul, and not like material !

Hats off ! Great going there !

Last edited by nandans2005 : 8th January 2010 at 21:11.
Old 9th January 2010, 07:01   #15
Senior - BHPian

Scratchless Thursday! Pics-3

Hi All,

Finally yesterday the decals were also applied and the car was ready as ever! Some pictures of the same are attached, all pictures courtesy my iPhone!

I am also attaching a picture of my earlier Winered Scorpio just for your viewing!

Ravveendra, Lambuhere, Tanwaramit, Benbsb29, Anand, Navan, Nair, Propeller, Ponmayilal, Sonirohit, Sushrutha, Nandans

Thank you all for your kind words.

Tanwar, they had an electric gun which held/weld joint to the dent area on the sheet and was pulled out. Nice equipment there.

Nair, who is responsible?? well, the housefly-offcourse!!

Propeller/Nandans, Rightly said about the vehicle instincts! I do believe and have experienced the same in all my earlier rides. My friends do tease me that right from my bicycle, Yamaha Rx-100, Maruti-800, Ford Ikon 1.6, Wine red Scorpio & the current black Scorpio - I am a vehicle maintenance freak! I come from the concept that if you take of your ride it takes care of you!

Ponmayilal, I take care of my wife & kids too much more than I care my car. Or else, I would have been divorced for the time/effort/monies I spend on my cars.

Sushrutha, Good catch there, Sorry got my dates mixed up.

Scratch date: 5th Jan-Tue
at office: 6th Jan-Wed
at body shop: 7th Jan-Thu
Decal: 8th Jan-Fri
Attached Thumbnails
Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-decal-applied-expert-syed-1.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-decal-checked-any-discrepancies-2.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-decal-3.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-decal-sun-drying-up-4.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-decal-sun-drying-up-5.jpg  

Scratchless Thursday! Pics 1-1winered783.jpg  

Last edited by getsurya : 9th January 2010 at 07:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks