Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 21:34   #1
BHPian

Alternator Breakdown, Prompt Service by Autolink Enterprises

Bad service reports, especially against Tata, are littered across our forum and understandably so. But, it is only justified that a very good service from same manufacturer service centre be highlighted just to prove that all is not down to the dogs.

So here I am, visiting Delhi for Auto Expo on Jan 6 2010, and encounter a failed alternator. Car is still under warranty so decided against getting any help from local workshops. Car was parked in Model Town and the closest dealer was Pawha Motors but as luck would have it, it was closed on wednesday.

So, looked up other workshops in Delhi and called up Autolink Enterprises. The CRM and CRO greeted me on phone quite warmly and that my friends, was a heart lifter in itself.

Explained my situation and the fact that the vehicle was parked some 1hr. from their workshop and in absence of Alternator, it needed to be towed. Further, An alternator is a third arty party (MICO-BOSCH) and would then have to be opened by them and sent to BOSCH service centre for warranty service.

CRM assured me a tow-away van would come around to parked location and efficiently so, 1 hr later driver called to confirm tow. Initially, we had been told that the whole repair would take a whole day and car would only be delivered next day considering it was already 2pm when car was towed away and 3pm when it reached the workshop.

Politely explained to them that I really needed the car by evening itself since I had to return to Jaipur early morning. CRM and then service advisor called in tandem to convey their best efforts to finish the job by evening.

I had by now left all hope of receiving my vehicle before next day. But to my utter surprise, and very pleasant one, I get a call from service advisor at 8pm to confirm all work on the car had completed. They had worked 1.5hrs overtime to complete work on my car!

My driver had accompanied them to workshop and then told me of another joyful news. I had only been charged Rs. 500/- and tht too for Towing charges. Absolutely nothing else! No washing costs, No standard service fees and they even cleaned the car inside out during this time.

Now that is one hell of a good experience with a TASC. It was only justified that I sent out a letter to Tata Motors North customer support to congratulate Autolink Enterprises for helping me out of the way.

So it seems, Not all is that bad and there is a silver lining to every cloud.
Old 9th January 2010, 15:39   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Said it before and I'll say it again : Always good to hear of a positive after-sales experience. Pat on the back to that CRM, why don't you put his name up here?

Most Viewed