Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2010, 23:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bengal Hyundai or Spring hyundai ??

Hello friends! After months of research I have finally decided to go for Hyundai i20 Asta (Petrol 1.2). Yesterday was the day I was waiting for a long time. THE SHOWROOM VISIT. At first i visited the Spring Hyundai. It is the newest Hyundai showroom that has opened in Kolkata. Then I visited the Bengal Hyundai which on the other hand is one of the oldest.
EXPERIENCE:

SPRING HYUNDAI:
The experience was not bad. As it is still new it was quite expected that they will be hospitable. The salesperson (whom I had contacted before visiting the showroom) asked us to wait for a while. He knew the car I was looking for so he called me and took around to take a look at the different colours. My mom liked WHITE. Then I asked for the specifications of i20(although I know most of the things still). He answers, " Sir, the car has 4 door power windows, power steering...and blah blah". I was surprised. There are such world class features in the car but he was mentioning these.. Man I have been researching on this car for about 6 months and he tells me the car has power steering. But this is not much of an issue. Then we sat down to explain the loan schemes. The experience was satisfactory. The salesperson was very well-mannered though that is what matters me.
SOMETHING FISHY??Then something happened. The sales guy tells me" Sir are you not booking the car today, since your father had called in the morning and said that he will book it today". My father had never called and he was not ready to accept it. Is this some kind of a trick or just a confusion. BTW I still need some time book.

BENGAL HYUNDAI
: Then came one of the elite dealers of Hyundai(atleast that was what written in the business card of the sales person). Their response was pretty cold but they were polite. The reason for such response could be because they are old players in the Hyundai market. The sales guy showed me the car then we sat down to discuss the loan. his gave us some good advice which the spring Hyundai guy did not. He was very straight forward and already mentioned that they will not provide any discount on the i20.

LOAN:

SPRING HYUNDAI:

They gave the following qoute:
Loan duration: 7 years
Interest 8% for 1st year and thereon 10%
Downpayment: Around 3 lacs
EMI : Around Rs.5000.

Bengal Hyundai:

Loan duration: 5 years(upon their advice. They said 7 years would be a loss)
Interest: 10%
Downpayment: Rs. 310685
EMI: Rs.6380.

Friends, now I ask you which dealer should i choose? Many of us Kolkatans here in this forum may have some experience with these two showrooms. So please advice. Others are also requested to advice. Please i need help!!
Also advice on which loan scheme is the best or are they same.
So guys please help!
Old 10th January 2010, 00:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Owning my second Hyundai. Bought an i20 5 months ago... my take...

1. Saini Hyundai - Best After Sales. Best Service Station. Honest People. Idiots at the sales dept.

2. Mukesh Hyundai - Aggressive sales, best deals.
Old 10th January 2010, 00:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey AbhiJ! i am not going for Saini Hyundai because it is very far from my house. Mukhesh Hyundai is close but I am in two minds whether to drop in or not(the sales person was very rude when he talked to me over the phone .
But after reading the points mentioned by you i am thinking of going there once. BTW did you get any discount on your i20?
Old 10th January 2010, 01:12   #4
Team-BHP Support

Though I have not owned any Hyundai, I have heard that Saini Hyundai is good.
Old 11th January 2010, 14:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

@Pancham - I've bought my car from Spring Hyundai. Being the new kids on the block, they're usually most eager to please. That means better discounts and freebies for you. Though I had a few documentation issues with them at the time of purchase, post that the relation has been very good.

If you have to try another, check out Mukesh Hyundai. They have the best deals in the market.

For service, ONLY go to Saini or Spring. As Abhi said, they're honest people. Mukesh service is bad.

Loans is a different matter. Try to go for the shortest period that you can afford. Sheer interest rate is an eyewash. Try to see how much quantum of interest you are paying in the first 2 years.

More on a thread called "Which car loan to go for"
Old 11th January 2010, 18:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
@Pancham - I've bought my car from Spring Hyundai.
===============
More on a thread called "Which car loan to go for"

I think i will be going for a 5 year loan. that is what i can afford now. I think I am going to visit mukesh Hyundai once because I badly need a good discount.Thanks for the advice

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks