Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 11:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura 1.8 Tsi - Service Experience - Unfair practice - Europa Motors, Pune

Digging up an old thread here, but relevant to Europa Auto, Pune.

The apparent news is, Europa is shutting shop!
I was on a call with them inquiring about the Superb prices (for a friend), thats when the SA told me that he could quote prices, but cant sell a new car, as their dealership is closing down. Something to do with a directive from Skoda.

I am not sure of the reason, and neither was I given one, but that's the news as of now.
I shall try and find out more about it, from the person I know in Europa. Till then, it seems, Pune will have only 1 Skoda dealer-Asset Auto.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 14:56   #32
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura 1.8 Tsi - Service Experience - Unfair practice - Europa Motors, Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
I was on a call with them inquiring about the Superb prices (for a friend), thats when the SA told me that he could quote prices, but cant sell a new car, as their dealership is closing down. Something to do with a directive from Skoda.
Well, I've no idea about this news but below are few observations that I made, based on which its bit difficult to get this news. But as you heard it directly from them, there must be some fact.

1. As per my survey before buying my Fabia, some 2.5 years back Europa had better reputation than Asset. Typically, for Pashankars at the back end had overall good reputation.
2. Moreover, they opened a Skoda body shop within the span of my ownership period. It's located roughly in the middle of Europa Auto and Pashankar Auto(Chevy) showroom, somewhere near to Merc showroom.
3. They own a piece of land at prime location nearby current Europa showroom, the one located on corner. I've heard form them (during service visits) that its dedicated for Audi (not sure for showroom or service).

All this put together, I could presume two possibilities. Either it could be a directive from Skoda or may be some tough business decision to let the Hen run that laid golden egg at the cost of mere reputation!

Whatever be the cause, if it happens at all it will give monopoly advantage to the sole dealer for sure and that's really bad for existing customers.
Old 3rd December 2013, 15:57   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

Interesting.
I started this thread to see if I can chose between Europa and Asset based on some data, finally bought from Europa and had my share of nonsense from them in last 4 years. I just realized I updated about all the incidents on other threads and not this one. So here is a short summary:
1. When my reverse gear sensor failed within warranty, they took whole day to simply locate it (it's in the co-driver side B pillar), take photos, send to Skoda and get warranty claim approved. And in the evening, told me it's not in stock. Then they said they will call back when it arrives, they never called, after a month or so, just a few days after my warranty was over, I barged into them and asked them what's going on. They suddenly found the sensor in their stock, but tried to bill me as warranty period was over. After I refused and complained to Skoda, they "waived" it. Thieves.
2. Next service, they under-filled the engine oil and wanted me to just take the car and go home. When I checked the oil level and made a lot of noise, they issued 1 L of oil from the stores and filled into the car. I reported to Skoda about this and till date there is no response.
3. I had specifically asked them why they charge me for the VAG-SCAN, it should be free and if it's not, they should not do it. Still they did. I asked for the SCAN report, they did not give. I asked for the refund, they refused. I complained to Skoda and then they called me and said they will adjust it in the next service.

Hmmm.
Now we have only one thief in Pune to deal with (Asset)?

Last edited by anandpadhye : 3rd December 2013 at 16:00.
Old 18th December 2013, 10:54   #34
BHPian

Found it on 17th, TOI Sports section Pg.18 for appointment of a new dealer in Pune, Viiraaj Skoda. "Pune has a new destination for your dream car".
I took it as a good news for addition of a new dealer as it would work towards customer advantage.
You know what? The Skoda India website shows only 2 dealers, Europa and Viiraaj, Asset is no where.
Old 18th December 2013, 11:19   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

He he he, welcome to the dark world of Skoda.
Viraaj is the new Asset(?) Because I saw Viraaj's ad in papers and the showroom and workshop address is exactly the same as Asset.
BTW, their wagholi workshop is now shared between Skoda and JLR! So I guess the JLR dealer in Pune (goes by the name "Ace Perkins") is also nothing but Asset(?)

Same devils everywhere - running the show with different names!
Old 18th December 2013, 12:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends

The news that Europa is shutting shop is confirmed, having heard it from the Horse's mouth itself.

I happen to know the owner of Europa, who incidentally stays in a sprawling bungalow in Baner, opposite Ganraaj Mangal Karyalaya.

Was in a meeting with him about a month or so back and happened to ask him about the showroom.

He lamented that the Showroom is not making even a breakeven margin and constant complaints and service issues pertaining to the entire line up was having a serious toll on the overall margins and giving a bad reputation to his personal self as well.

Incidentally, he also owns the TVS showroom on Baner(Kalamkar Motors).
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 12:18   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post

He lamented that the Showroom is not making even a breakeven margin and constant complaints and service issues pertaining to the entire line up was having a serious toll on the overall margins and giving a bad reputation to his personal self as well.

Incidentally, he also owns the TVS showroom on Baner(Kalamkar Motors).
Hmmm...
Why only TVS, I think he owns Honda (2-wheeler) and more importantly Chevy and Audi dealerships as well. Please correct me if I am wrong.

BTW, he is saying constant complaints and service issues is a problem only with Skoda?
Old 18th December 2013, 12:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Hmmm...
Why only TVS, I think he owns Honda (2-wheeler) and more importantly Chevy and Audi dealerships as well. Please correct me if I am wrong.

BTW, he is saying constant complaints and service issues is a problem only with Skoda?
@Anand

Yes, he lamented about Skoda and the lack of support from the parent company in terms of spares, technical know how and warranty related support.

I am not aware that he also owns an Audi showroom.

He did have the GM showroom but IIRC, he has also passed on the dealership to some one else.

I am aware of only Europa and TVS Kalamkar now.
Old 20th December 2013, 12:48   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a notification in the paper (Sakal) from Skoda saying Europa is no more an authorized dealer of Skoda. Best part was in the end where they said "issued in the interest" by Skoda. They did not mention who's interest .
Old 23rd December 2013, 11:04   #40
BHPian

Actually i was always happy with europa auto. The service the demeanour arleast in my case was very good. Came to know today that I will kow have to deal with viirajj aka asset it just sucks. They are over booked for any service appointments. Could sense the attitude over the phone itself .
Old 26th May 2014, 11:21   #41
BHPian

Pals, I've the 3rd paid service due coming month. With Europa shut the shop, has any body (from Europa customers) had any service experience with the Viiraaj? Yes, it could be same old Asset, just in case anybody experienced any difference after this name change! How's it as compared to Europa. To me Europa has been not that bad during 4-5 visits in past last 3 years.

Now, "Viiraaj" - the only Skoda dealer in town, I would like to know what fellow Skoda owners do for routine service. Is it recommended to visit any private service center, which?

Bit too foresighted, what should one do in case of any repairs for cars within warranty period?
Old 29th May 2014, 15:47   #42
Senior - BHPian

Well, it looks like I missed this thread completely.
@iSpoke: If you are in warranty period, then I guess you have no choice but to stick to the A.S.S.
Perhaps there is a a good place in Mumbai which you could try?

After warranty, the regulars like Velocity Motors are always there for you.
Old 8th June 2014, 19:40   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Pals, I've the 3rd paid service due coming month. With Europa shut the shop, has any body (from Europa customers) had any service experience with the Viiraaj? Yes, it could be same old Asset, just in case anybody experienced any difference after this name change! How's it as compared to Europa. To me Europa has been not that bad during 4-5 visits in past last 3 years.
My TSi is now 4+ years old and I am also on lookout for an attitude-less and resourceful workshop. Asset/Virajj...he he he, I have my doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

After warranty, the regulars like Velocity Motors are always there for you.
Velocity motors? Where is this place? Any feedback/review on them?
Old 15th September 2014, 15:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
My TSi is now 4+ years old and I am also on lookout for an attitude-less and resourceful workshop. Asset/Virajj...he he he, I have my doubts.

Velocity motors? Where is this place? Any feedback/review on them?
I think they are just fine. A few years ago, a colleague used to get his Octavia serviced there and he had no complaints.

(Velocity motors was located opposite to Om Supermarket, in Model Colony; they should still be there).

Most Viewed