Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2011, 08:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti sends me their feedback form. How do dealers know it?

Two days after I had 2nd service for my Alto Lxi (Indus Motors, Trivandrum), I got a call from the dealer to check whether I got a feedback form from Maruti.
Dealer: Did you get a feedback form from Maruti?
I: No, I haven't.
Dealer: You would get soon. When you get the feedback form, you can come to us and collect a free gift.
I: ok

They think they can do sloppy service and then give the customer a lolli-pop to keep his mouth shut.
Old 16th March 2011, 11:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

I took my car for a free wash to MSM under the Platinum AMC scheme recently. I stayed near the car throughout the wash which was sloppy to say the least, and made them do it all over again before I took delivery. I also gave a mouthful to the SA, and when a quality rating phone call came a few days later, gave 3/10.

A week later a female voice called me up again and apologized for the poor job, and requested me to bring the car back for a proper wash. I declined, stating I had already sat on the guy's neck and got it done properly during my previous visit. Moreover under the platinum scheme, I can go for a wash even once a week if I so desire.

Then she offered to send a wash team to my home for doing the job, which I again declined, saying I will do a better job myself with a bucket of water and a mop cloth! Now the cat came out of the bag! She said I will receive a feed back form from Maruti shortly and I should "please,please,pretty please" give them a rating not less than 9/10! When I showed my irritation she insisted and insisted, till I reluctantly said ok, though I absolutely have no intention of keeping my promise! The form is yet to arrive.

I have a hunch the rating phone calls they make to customers are monitored by Maruti and the feed-back forms are sent based on them. Perhaps there is no way to tamper with the calls at MSM level, but hey have a fairly good idea who will receive the form from Maruti. Either that, or they have someone at Maruti who tips them off.
Old 19th March 2011, 09:10   #18
BHPian

My advice after dealing with the service two altos and a vista (tata has a similar system but they call instead of sending the form home)

1. The first time this happens, make sure you give a complete and honest opinion but say stuff like the dealer is ok but could perform better in these areas and so on. Also, give good ratings overall but mercilessly take points away in the areas where you are not satisfied.

2. The idea is to keep the dealer happy too. I believe all feedback goes back to the dealer. By doing this, it's an indication you know the system, and you would give better ratings if the dealer kept you happy.

3. If you gave absurdly low ratings, the dealer would perform better the next time but at the same time, wouldn't be ready to bend any rules for you.

4. In effect, my advice would be to dangle a big red carrot in front of the dealer. It's a great incentive for the dealer to perform. I'm sure you'll soon start getting excellent treatment and maybe a few bent rules (especially those of the warranty) in your favor.

5. If you find a service station who are willing to do this, if you buy from the same brand again, go back to them. You'll find yourself getting good service from day 1.

Hope this helps. It made life so much easier with the second alto and my vista.
Old 19th March 2011, 09:49   #19
BHPian

I have been getting this feedback form from MSL each time I've taken the Estilo to the shop for any reason (routine check or service). The dealer, MyCar, promptly arranges for a person to collect the feedback form, give a small gift (good ones, I must say).
I make sure that the feedback is per my experience -with low ratings where required. The person collecting the form does whine about he will get slammed for this - but that's service. I don't hand over the letter but make sure I post it to MSL.

I've been told MSL maintains some list of customers and they get these forms etc. Not sure how true.
Old 19th March 2011, 11:00   #20
BHPian

Certain cars are tagged by Maruti for feed back it seems. My M800 was one such car.I used to get a feed back form after every service. The Wagon R bought after that didn't get the privilege (!) but the Ritz which was exchanged for M800 again gets the FB form after every service. Twice I had given 6 marks for point and within a week , the representative of service station was on phone asking me to give a better rating.
Old 19th March 2011, 15:21   #21
BANNED

I gave a score of 7 for a small tinker job and the MASS called me pleading to make it at least 8+ or something. After some pleading and smooth talk explanations about the delay and time to repair, I kinda agreed to send an email saying I was a satisfied customer. I played a little game and worded it like "my queries regarding the issue had been answered to my satisfaction" without saying I was satisfied with the job.

Once my battery died completely at the AeroIndia 2011 parking (left my headlights on and it conked off in 4 hours!!) , and I got a Maruti mech. come in a van and jump start it. I was advised on the Maruti helpline not to pay. I got a call 2 times (once from a Delhi number) to check if the mech had accepted or demanded any money for the free service!!

My dealer experience form is still pending and I plan to write a stinker about the sale process (demanding 5K for registration and 1.5K for temp registration etc).

--Ragul
Old 19th March 2011, 23:12   #22
BHPian

LOL! Good that the Maruti has started doing this. The first time I have expereinced this is only with the TATA, they have a system to check on these guys and like always in our country the dealers want to take the system for a ride. I once explained to a SA why I gave a 1 rating to car washing ( because it was never washed) and why TATA had such a system. Of course he did try his best to make me change the rating ( I did add a write up that the unwashed car was washed after I pointed it out to the SA and took delivery of it in 2 hours later). But from what i have seen Tata folks are usually overworked and I guess they are underpaid. But, it would really beat the purpose of the whole thing if we gave in to all this!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks