Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 12:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti sends me their feedback form. How do dealers know it?

I took my Alto for a dent removal work to MSM during early December. Then again during Christmas time for the mandatory second service. There was an unresolved issue during this service for which they recommended a part replacement under warranty. I needed a second opinion about this, so I took the car to ABT Maruti who sold the car to me. Their workshop also confirmed the diagnosis of MSM.

Now fast forward to 5th January. I have received a quality feedback form from a gentleman named Pankaj Nirula from Maruti, requesting me to give my detailed opinions/ratings about my most recent visits to the MASS. Lazy fellow that I am, I have simply left it in my table drawer to fill up later. The MSM fellows scratched and repainted my front door while removing the dent from my rear door, and I am going to write a stinker about it. It also contains a self addressed prepaid envelope for sending my report.

Now, interestingly, I got a call from MSM on 7th January, just after lunch. A female voice dripping with honey enquired about my most recent visits to their workshop, how my car performed , any unresolved issues etc. So far so good. Then innocuously she asked me if I had received a feedback form from Maruti recently, and I immediately snapped out of my reverie! She asked me very nicely to name a convenient time for them to send someone and pick-up the form from me! Now I was wide awake, and asked innocently if it would be OK to hand over the form to them, as the letter states I should mail it back to Maruti. Then she said she will call me back and hung up!

I had almost forgotten this, but today morning I received a call from, who else, ABT Maruti! This gentleman also enquired about my last visit to their workshop, which was to get a second opinion about the unresolved issue at MSM. He also enquired about my car like it was a long lost relative of his, and invited me to bring it in for the part change under warranty and not go to anybody else! Then he also casually asked about the form from Maruti. He was greatly relieved that the form asked about my recent visits to MSM and not ABT, and hung up asap!

It is great that Maruti keeps the dealers on their toes and they really are worried about the feedback from customers. But what I am wondering about is, how did they both know about this form? May be this is the pitch they make to all customers who visit the workshop, just in case? It did not appear to be so to me. Now my interest is aroused, and I intend to fill it up with all seriousness and send it back to Maruti.

Last edited by Gansan : 13th January 2010 at 12:46.
Old 13th January 2010, 12:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

I agree. Some of the MUL dealerships function this way.

Its actually neat that they follow up so correct. Gansan, its always essential to fill up these form, irrespective of the manufacturer. By showing lax we even destroy the very purpose for the same. I agree that most of the time it ends up in the waste paper basket. Yet its important we do our bit.

Last edited by beejay : 13th January 2010 at 12:50.
Old 13th January 2010, 13:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Try giving a (valid) negative feedback - and don't be surprised if the dealership's Service Manager of whoever wakes you up early next morning
Old 13th January 2010, 14:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Most of the car manufacturers used to have feedback from customers directlyto know whether one is getting good attention from the dealers. All dealers will come to know about the feedback form because they well aware of the company policy/ after sales follow ups and they want make sure that no bad report written on them in the feedback form.Please do not handover the feedback form to any dealer, instead post it direct to Maruti.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:49   #5
BHPian

Well - I had in the past got f/b forms from MUL for all my visits, even if it was for a minor running repair. This weekend I visited MA.SS for a car wash and also complained about a few rattles from the doors. Instead of fixing the rattles - the SA said that probably my suspension in screwed up, the mechanic said my doors are misaligned. The rattles did not go but my door has been tinkered and now for sure it is misaligned from it's lock & clamp.... since it by the time I took the delivery of the car the mechanics had packed up for the day and left - I could not blast them, hopefully will get it fixed coming weekend from another MA.SS, give the MA.SS who screwed up a piece of my mind and give them a honest feedback when I receive it from MUL.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
Well - I had in the past got f/b forms from MUL for all my visits, even if it was for a minor running repair. This weekend I visited MA.SS for a car wash and also complained about a few rattles from the doors. Instead of fixing the rattles - the SA said that probably my suspension in screwed up, the mechanic said my doors are misaligned. The rattles did not go but my door has been tinkered and now for sure it is misaligned from it's lock & clamp.... since it by the time I took the delivery of the car the mechanics had packed up for the day and left - I could not blast them, hopefully will get it fixed coming weekend from another MA.SS, give the MA.SS who screwed up a piece of my mind and give them a honest feedback when I receive it from MUL.
This is the first feedback form I have received from Maruti. But what takes the cake is the dealers trying to get hold of it from me and fill it up for themselves!
Old 13th January 2010, 23:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

And I won't be surprised if he gives a ten/ten for the services rendered by him. Write a subtle negative feedback about how 'desperate' they are for the form instead of being 'eager' and 'honest'.
Old 14th January 2010, 11:38   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
This is the first feedback form I have received from Maruti. But what takes the cake is the dealers trying to get hold of it from me and fill it up for themselves!
Well - this is hardly a surprise - every time I go for a visit to MA.SS and a job card is opened at one of my regular SS, I promptly get a call from the SS a few days later saying that I'd recieve a F/B form from MUL and request me to put an overall rating of 9 - 10.
I once cribbed about rattling issues in my swift in the f/b form and was surprised to find an engineer from the MUL Regional Office calling me from the security gate of my office asking me to come out with my car - they probably had visited my home and not finding the car there came to my office. Seems they were convinced with the issues and promptly a SA along with a mechanic woke me up at 9:00 AM on a saturday morning to correct these issues.
I'd say I was impressed with MUL for their taking the F/B so seriously and keeping the MA.SS folks on their toes always.
Old 14th January 2010, 14:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
Well - this is hardly a surprise - every time I go for a visit to MA.SS and a job card is opened at one of my regular SS, I promptly get a call from the SS a few days later saying that I'd recieve a F/B form from MUL and request me to put an overall rating of 9 - 10.
I once cribbed about rattling issues in my swift in the f/b form and was surprised to find an engineer from the MUL Regional Office calling me from the security gate of my office asking me to come out with my car - they probably had visited my home and not finding the car there came to my office. Seems they were convinced with the issues and promptly a SA along with a mechanic woke me up at 9:00 AM on a saturday morning to correct these issues.
I'd say I was impressed with MUL for their taking the F/B so seriously and keeping the MA.SS folks on their toes always.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Try giving a (valid) negative feedback - and don't be surprised if the dealership's Service Manager of whoever wakes you up early next morning
I told ya!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
That's surprising. Am sure you have gone to a Maruti several times. Maruti sends a feedback form almost all the time!
Old 22nd January 2010, 20:45   #10
BHPian

Normally, I am told that Maruti send these feedback forms after the 3rd Service. While accompaning my friend to Kalyani Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore, the dealer had the adaucity to show a sample card of the feed back form all ticked nicely in a manner that shows their impeccable status.
A crash course was also given as to how the form should be filled.

A few days later he received a call from the dealer enquiring about the Feed back form. He was told in a very courteous and cordial way that if he comes over to their showroom he would offered a surprise gift too. He was also told that if could not make it to their showroom, they would send their Executive to assist him in filling the form.

All these so called Feed Back are stage managed and manipulated by all dealers to suit their own needs. I am sure even Maruti is aware of this, but then, when the going is good for them they prefer to look the other way.

BTW, the first Feed back form is given to you at the time of purchase, whereby the maker could know about experience with the dealer. Its a very well made out form and a prompt reply to maruti is rewarded with some wonderful gifts.

God bless.....
Old 22nd January 2010, 22:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Well, this feed back form was about my visit to MSM for the dent removal work. It stated the job card number and the name of the service adviser clearly, and wanted my opinion about the work carried out.

It still rankles with me that they scratched my front door while attending to the rear one. They repainted it free of cost, but I am not happy. I think that the very act of scratching it was sloppy.

So I have given only 5 in for the crucial question of my satisfaction level about the job carried out. The over all score I gave was 7. Let us see what happens!

@ph03n!x

This is the second form I filled up. The first one came with the service booklet at the time of buying the car.
Old 22nd January 2010, 22:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

I used to get these feedback forms after every service (both free and paid) until my car was about 3 yrs old. After that I have not had a single feedback form sent to me till now. However, a week or so after every service, I do get a call promptly from the A.S.S on how the car is performing and if there are any other issues etc.

Does this mean Maruti is more focused towards new customers/cars only?
Old 24th January 2010, 11:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

I dont know how these guys got wind of the form having reached you. In my case, once I had these guys from ABT at my office, requesting me to up the rating for some parameter from the 7 that I had given in the form (which I had directly sent to MUL) to 9 or 10. So, yes, this feedback thing is taken seriously with Maruti-Suzuki. After a service at MASS, if you have any issue that bothers you, please ask for a form from the dealer itself and send it out to MUL. Those feedback forms are for a purpose and MUL does take action on it. Infact, they also give out some special gifts for selected feedback forms that come in.
Old 1st February 2010, 08:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hi Members,

It is true that Maruti keeps the dealers and the MASS on their toes. I regularly get the call and the feed back form. One incident happened in Madurai. I took the car after a long drive to Madurai. The job was a washing only. They delayed the wash and there was dirt in the seat. I was in a hurry with my guest and went away. I got a call from the feed back section. I told that I was not at all satisfied. Then an assistant of the Wm called me and requested to cancel the complain with the promise of a free wash during my next visit. I got the car washed again when i WENT AFTER 2 MONTHS. MUL is really serious on their services and want to reatin the No 1 position.
Old 1st February 2010, 14:24   #15

This has happened to me too. The dealer even sent a person to my office to collect the feedback form and sent a gift along with him. It was a Ganesha idol that can be fixed on the dashboard. Since for that time, i did not have any negative feedback, i too took the advantage of the situation.
I guess, the dealer just does not sent any feedback form with negative feedback in it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks