Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 21:28   #1
BANNED

Bad Experience at Fairdeal hyundai - Jamshedpur

Hi Guys,

Jamshedpur, known as TATANAGAR is a small town where almost 50% of people own TATA cars, since they get huge discounts on them. I wanted to buy a small car for my younger bro. For some reasons I was unable to go there and find a car for him myself, hence, I asked Dad to look for 1. After researching for around 2 weeks they decided to go for a Santro, a Second hand. The car was bought, and I got leave after a month so went back home for a vacation.

On driving the car, I found few issues and decided to give it for a thorough servicing. To my surprise, there was only ONE A** for Hyundai - Fairdeal (It is not at all Fair). I did an advance booking for service, and was asked to come next morning at around 9AM. The service centre is located in the outskirts, and around 20KMs from my home. We reached at 9:30AM, and waiting for a Service Advisor to attend us, after an hour came to know none of the service advisors have reached office yet. Waited fro around 2 hours, and they reached. After another 30 Mins the SA attended us and asked what all needs to be done. Some of the basic needs which I felt were - Wheel alignment, Engine Decarbonisation, Power Steering oil was leaking - so oil seal to be changed, All Oils to be refilled and few other things which I have forgotten by now. I asked the advisor to take a test drive and check what else was required, but he was too busy to do so. Wrote everything in the paper, and gave me the customer's copy. Estimate was 10,000. I gave him a green signal, and he said I can pick-up the car next day.

Next day I went after confirming on phone, and the car was ready with a bill of 3500 - UNWASHED, I was shocked with such a low charge. I was handed over the keys to check the servicing. I noticed, oil was still leaking, wobbling still there, Engine sound existed, Engine Oil not re-fuelled. I called the Advisor, and he was did not come to office for some reason and his cell was switched off. A different advisor came up which was his pro-activeness. I asked him why wasn't the work done even after me specifying that. After checking the service centre's copy, they had striked out most of the things specified by me. On Asking, the Advisor told me that they had called me to confirm and the person on phone asked not to do all these things, so they did not do it. After a long argument, I found it a waste of my time, and asked them to keep the car and complete the job and then return the car to me.

Had, to attend a marriage so whole family went out of station for a week. We informed the Service Station guys, we will take the car after a week. When we cam back after a week, went to the service station to take the car back. The Service Advisor was not there, so I went to check my car parked at the same place where it was parked earlier, with dust all around. I guessed that they had not TOUCHED the car in a week and it was AS IT IS. I called an other service advisor and asked him to give me an update, since I could not wait for the useless fellow to come. He went inside his office and came out with a pale face, I asked him again..
S-A: "Sir engine oil change nahi hua to 5 mins ruk jaaiye
Me: ok, baaki kya kya hua batao?
S-A: Hmmm... main mechanic ko bulata hoon
Me: Mujhe lagta hai tum logon ne car ko touch bhi nahi kiya pura week

Service Advisor called the mechanic, and the mechanic told me nothing was done.

S-A: Sir, aap 1/2 an hour baitho main sab karwaata hoon.
Me: 1/2 an hour to sirf de-carbonization me lagega, mera time waste mat karo aur jaldi batao isme kuch kaam kyun nahi hua 1 week me
S-A: This is a mistake from our side and I am Sorry
Me: Sorry? What the hell.. Give me an escalation point with the e-mail ID and I am taking my car back as it is
S-A: Jamshedpur me ye hi 1 service station hai Hyundai, aap baahar nahi karwa paaoge, so I suggest to leave it
Me: Tum tension mat lo, servicing yahin hoga, aur tum log hi pick-up karne aaoge car ko, bas mujhe escalation point do.

The guy gives me an e-mail address and a phone number, he was the area manager for Fairdeal Hyundai. I told him I dont want to talk to people in fairdeal, will talk to people from Hyundai and escalate it. On listening to this, the Service Advisor pleaded me and said he will make sure everything will be done on priority and will never ever happen again. Called Dad, and asked what to do. Dad told to get everything done, we will escalate it later. I sat the whole day there and took the car in evening.

This was a bad, bad experience. I have a Santro in bangalore too, and have got it serviced at advaith and trident both. Service was 100 times better. The service centre in Jamshedpur is the only one, and they do not allow spare parts to be sold outside. Hence, ALL Hyundai cars HAVE to go their, no matter what. They take advantage of this and dictate terms to customers. I was very frustrated with the experience and found it insulting also. This happened in December, but since my membership was not accepted, posting it here now.

Request from BHPians to provide me an escalation point where I can screw these people happiness nicely, and stop their dominance over customers in the whole town. I am sure no one has escalated issues they faced there, I will do IT
Old 18th January 2010, 21:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

This is the same story where multiple A.S.C do not exist. Most of the times in cities where there is only one dealer in the city, they do behave like this.
Arguing beyond limit is a waste of time at places like these, so its best to get the problem solved first.
It was wise decision to get the car serviced before escalating the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Request from BHPians to provide me an escalation point where I can screw these people happiness nicely, and stop their dominance over customers in the whole town. I am sure no one has escalated issues they faced there, I will do IT
Try emailing here : cr@hmil.net

Telephone Nos. : 1800-11-4645 (Toll Free - Only from MTNL & BSNL numbers)
098-7356-4645 (For all GSM Connections / Landline other than MTNL & BSNL numbers)

Lifted those numbers from : Hyundai Motor India - Official Site of Hyundai Car Products
Old 19th January 2010, 09:16   #3
BHPian

@ Ranjan: There is one more Hyundai Dealer workshop called Union Hyundai in Mango.It is located right on the Ranchi Jamshedpur Highway.

Additionally you can put up your complaint at Hyundai service email id cr@hmil.net
Old 19th January 2010, 14:32   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaduri View Post
@ Ranjan: There is one more Hyundai Dealer workshop called Union Hyundai in Mango.It is located right on the Ranchi Jamshedpur Highway.
cr@hmil.net
Yeah, I just came to know about it, it was newly opened that time, so I though not to take the risk. My poor instinct
Old 19th January 2010, 15:34   #5
BANNED

Thankyou guys for the info

I have sent a mail to the ID provided, received a delivery report, Will update you guys IF I receive a response.
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:29   #6
BANNED

Hi Guys,

I sent a mail to the e-mail ID provided above, but haven't received any kind of response yet. The mail was sent on Tue 1/19/2010 3:32 PM.

Can I escalate this somewhere else??
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:19   #7
BHPian

Ranjan, please write a follow up email to them with a link to this thread, tell them that due to that dealer, the name of Hyundai is being damaged on public forums. That should get them to notice.
Old 4th February 2010, 15:04   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1head View Post
Ranjan, please write a follow up email to them with a link to this thread, tell them that due to that dealer, the name of Hyundai is being damaged on public forums. That should get them to notice.
Thanks, have done the same, hop I get a response this time..!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks