Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2010, 16:41   #1
BHPian

Scratched I20 delivery from Shreenath Hyundai

Help

I have Just taken a delivery of an Hyundai i20 Asta Dark Grey yesterday night.
As they were busy with a lot of deliveries I got my car very late and could not inspect the car properly.

When I got up today and started to inspect the car the was horror to my eyes. The car was not at all washed and was looking as if it has been used for a period of time. When i started to get the car washed and polished by my driver I found that there were 3 deep scratches on the bonnet!!!!!

I got the car back to the dealership and showed them the deep scratches. They said they will send it to the workshop and have it buffed (I have my doubts on whether those scratches can be buffed). They need 1 day to do that and will give my car tomorrow.

Now what I need to know is that I suspect that they are gonna do a touchup job on the bonnet, if I see that should I take delivery or should I ask for replacement of bonnet?

Pls help me with this urgent query.

Thanking You,

Tanay
Old 21st January 2010, 17:11   #2
BHPian

hello

speak to the top management guys or to the sales person,as the owners of the store are good people (Kachalia family) they will get the needful things done to keep their customer happy
dont take the delivery if touch is done & speak to hyundai customer care delhi
instant action will be taken by hyundai delhi managemnt
Old 22nd January 2010, 12:01   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'm sorry Tanay, but you only have yourself to blame. You've been a BHPian since over a year; our PDI checklist clearly states that you should NOT take delivery at night. And a complete check of the car is mandatory prior to registration, and then at the time of actual delivery.

You've signed a delivery note (standard procedure) that states the car is perfect. The i20 has been registered in your name, thus there is a near impossible chance of replacement. I hope the dealer is able to remove those scratches with a deep polish / rubbing compound. Wouldn't recommend paint touch up on a brand new car. Especially on a high visibility part like the bonnet.
Old 22nd January 2010, 13:20   #4
BHPian

Hey GTO,

Thanks for the reply but the day was an auspicious day and until then I had done everything by the rule book..

Pre inspection was not possible as the car had just arrived a day earlier for Chennai....

But neways they have rectified the same by polishing the bonnet it was a scratch in the clearcoat ...... so I am relieved of the tension

I appreciate yours and dins concern.... Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 23rd January 2010 at 12:37. Reason: No more than 2 smilies per post please
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:17   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace in Blood View Post
Pre inspection was not possible as the car had just arrived a day earlier for Chennai....
Somehow every Hyundai car dealer I or my relatives have dealt with claims the car reached the same day or the previous day from Chennai as the delivery day
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1head View Post
Somehow every Hyundai car dealer I or my relatives have dealt with claims the car reached the same day or the previous day from Chennai as the delivery day
Some lame excuse. Saves labour time/ cost.
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:01   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Pace in Blood,

Since you have taken delivery, there's little you can do, even at Hyundai top level.
However, Kachalias are good people and they should help you out. If they don't, drop me a PM with their response and the name of the person who handled it. I'll see what i can do then. But keep this as a last resort.

I never take delivery on a car on an auspicious day due to this very reason. Once bitten (tata safari), twice shy. In fact this should go in the checklist as well.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 22nd January 2010 at 16:09. Reason: typo
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:33   #8
BHPian

Tanay, if it was so dark & rushed you should have postponed the delivery. But I guess we Indians are sticklers for our Muhurats and auspicious days.

No matter how much fuss you create, no way that they will replace the hood. If the dealer is a decent person, you will probably be satisfied with the touch-up and buffing. Else you can get it done to your satisfaction at a local paint shop for a few hundred bucks.

The best of us make mistakes. I am sure even GTO will have a couple of tales to tell if you catch him a sombre mood. Chalk this up as a learning experience and enjoy your new car. And in future never take delivery of a new car without a thorough inspection.

Cheers.

Quote:
But neways they have rectified the same by polishing the bonnet it was a scratch in the clearcoat ...... so I am relieved of the tension
Missed this bit earlier. Dude, you cried wolf. How did "3 deep scratches" transform into "a scratch in the clearcoat"? Anyways, I am glad it is rectified. Enjoy your car.

Last edited by H3LIOS : 22nd January 2010 at 16:40.
Old 23rd January 2010, 12:36   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Glad it worked out for you. A request : Please review your post prior to submitting. Your post has language errors, too many dots (like........this.......) and more than 2 smilies. I'd appreciate your visiting our board rules before proceeding further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LIOS View Post
The best of us make mistakes. I am sure even GTO will have a couple of tales to tell if you catch him a sombre mood.
You can say that again! I've got some tales, and then some more

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks