Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2010, 08:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
I recently got the rear bumper of my Civic painted and the shade/finish is perfect. I think we should be blaming Honda only if they turn deaf when we report such issues. I recently reported such an issue with Honda (on their website) and they did respond by mail, called me to check if things are sorted out.

Could you please provide more details of this Accord, so that we know how genuine the case is.
You are correct. I still haven't contacted Honda. I'll be speaking to the Showroom Manager today and see what they can do for my case. If nothing happens or if the result is crap, I'll escalate to Honda.
Old 25th January 2010, 09:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
You are correct. I still haven't contacted Honda. I'll be speaking to the Showroom Manager today and see what they can do for my case. If nothing happens or if the result is crap, I'll escalate to Honda.
Take it to Kulathungal, they paint better. Check out my car tomorrow. :P

And its not if they can do it better,its about the time/effort we put to take the car there. Immortalz have to make a long journey from his house for this and this increases the frustration. The same happens to me now and then with TASS, they just waste your precious time.

Try this; wait at showroom. Mingle with wanna be Honda buyers, give them a feedback about A.S.S. a bit aloud.
Old 25th January 2010, 09:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Take it to Kulathungal, they paint better. Check out my car tomorrow. :P
Not unless he wants some unwanted parts to be painted for free, like his interiors and horns !
Quote:
The same happens to me now and then with TASS, they just waste your precious time.

Try this; wait at showroom. Mingle with wanna be Honda buyers, give them a feedback about A.S.S. a bit aloud.
I tried that , but found out that the others were as angry, if not more. One dude was filing suit in consumer court
Old 25th January 2010, 10:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Not unless he wants some unwanted parts to be painted for free, like his interiors and horns !
Free mud flaps, free seat cover, free air freshener, free teflon coat, free underbody coating, free paint over spray..

Consumer is happy as long as it is free
Old 25th January 2010, 10:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Time to shatter Honda !! Looks like honda ain't too much considered about after-sales support, where-in they were pioneer at one time.

Paint job looks too much shoddy to me !!
Old 25th January 2010, 11:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

See, this is why I can't yell and scream at them.

The body shop person calls down his underlings, asks them what happened. They say they didn't paint the door. Of course not. He looks at the current finish on the fender and admits that it looks exactly the same, if not worse. He looks at the door and admits that the deep scratch with no physical nick on it is stark evidence that the door was re-clear coated. I show him pictures of a manufacturing paint defect on the door that is no longer present and he admits that something is amiss.

And he has agreed to redo the whole thing again when my engine mount arrives.
But they have agreed to redo it. Again. This is like TATA A.S.S.

Last edited by GTO : 27th January 2010 at 16:57. Reason: Immortalz, you need to keep your comments clean. We have an extremely varied audience.
Old 25th January 2010, 12:23   #22
BHPian

Since they've agreed to redo the job, i guess we should just wait and watch. When do they expect the engine mounts to arrive?
Old 25th January 2010, 14:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Don't know. The mounts are backordered. It'll be a while. A month maybe?
Old 28th January 2010, 20:09   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Time to shatter Honda !! Looks like honda ain't too much considered about after-sales support, where-in they were pioneer at one time.
I bought an OHC in 2002 and was NOT pleased with the service and the attitude of the local dealer. Looks like 7-8 years later things have not changed much. Though Honda isn't quite as bad as Skoda or Fiat/TASS they have a long way to go to catch up with Toyota, Maruti and Hyundai. These 3 mfrs rule as far as my and my friends' experience goes. It also was one of the main reasons to go in for a Corolla the 2nd time around instead of a Honda Civic or Skoda Laura.

Cheers!

Quote:
Don't know. The mounts are backordered. It'll be a while. A month maybe?
I really sympathise with your experience. I am curious to know how come your engine mounts went bust so soon. Isnt your car about 2 years old?

Cheers!

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th February 2010 at 12:29. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote instead, Thanks
Old 28th January 2010, 21:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

My car is one year and a four months old. These mounts are known to fail early. *shrug* So long as they replace it under warranty, I don't really care.
Old 3rd February 2010, 02:39   #26
BHPian

Quote:
My car is one year and a four months old. These mounts are known to fail early. *shrug* So long as they replace it under warranty, I don't really care.
One year 4 months, and you need to change the engine mounts already? So what happens after the warranty?

No offence, but its because of this attitude that manufacturers are taking us for a ride.
Old 3rd February 2010, 08:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

The engine mounts are a known problem. The replacement lasts longer. Every car has problems when it's launched. If you looked at the dozen or so TSBs Honda sent out since 2006, you'll start having second thoughts about buying one. Then you look at the hundreds of TSBs for GM cars and suddenly you see why people buy Japanese.

There are cars with far worse problems to have. Toyota is seen as the paramount of reliability and now they are recalling hundreds of thousands of cars across their entire product range because of one manufacturer sending them faulty accelerator pedals. It isn't going to stop me from buying Toyota if I wanted one.

So yeah. Civic FD1s with R18As shipped with bad engine mounts. They replace it under warranty with a part that lasts 1L KM. I'm not worried - that engine isn't going to be in the car for long anyway.
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:44   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Toyota is seen as the paramount of reliability and now they are recalling hundreds of thousands of cars across their entire product range because of one manufacturer sending them faulty accelerator pedals. It isn't going to stop me from buying Toyota if I wanted one.

So yeah. Civic FD1s with R18As shipped with bad engine mounts. They replace it under warranty with a part that lasts 1L KM. I'm not worried - that engine isn't going to be in the car for long anyway.

Agreed. I have a camry myself, its 8 years old now, done 2.4 lac kms. Till date i only had to replace the clutch plates. And nothing else!
So does that mean your looking at an engine swap?
Congrats!
Old 4th February 2010, 10:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thanks and yes, I'm looking for one. Actually I know all the details - what, how, where etc etc. Just saving up money for now.

But that's beside the point. I'm told that Honda dealerships change the engine mounts for affected cars silently when they come in for the first service. They apply all the relevant TSBs and send the car back out. Considering how "good" Peninsular are, it is just possible that they didn't bother to apply the TSB on my car, opting just to wait until the damn things failed.

Yesterday I found a paint shop here in the city who seem to be pretty good at what they do even though it looks like a pretty dinky operation. I saw a couple of their recent jobs and came away impressed. The paint shop dude spotted the painted panels on my car in the fading light of evening as he was walking towards my car for the first time. Very impressed. I'll have to see how much money they want.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 4th February 2010 at 10:04.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:54   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks and yes, I'm looking for one. Actually I know all the details - what, how, where etc etc. Just saving up money for now.

But that's beside the point. I'm told that Honda dealerships change the engine mounts for affected cars silently when they come in for the first service. They apply all the relevant TSBs and send the car back out. Considering how "good" Peninsular are, it is just possible that they didn't bother to apply the TSB on my car, opting just to wait until the damn things failed.

Yesterday I found a paint shop here in the city who seem to be pretty good at what they do even though it looks like a pretty dinky operation. I saw a couple of their recent jobs and came away impressed. The paint shop dude spotted the painted panels on my car in the fading light of evening as he was walking towards my car for the first time. Very impressed. I'll have to see how much money they want.

Which shop? Is it "Car Designs" at Muttathara after Injakal?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks