Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2010, 20:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Peninsular Honda Trivandrum - Drunken monkeys paint better.

Okay, I'm going to post my experiences with these fools. I've had enough.

I've had three "accidents" in the time I've had the car. And by accidents, they were minor bumps.

1) A week after I get the car, while reversing into a tricky parking lot, I'm blinded my kid cousin and a steel telephone pole disfigures my front left fender.

I get it dented and repainted by Peninsular.

Three times.

The first time around, the paint was full of spots. As if it was put out to dry in the middle of the friggin' road. The second time around, they didn't paint it. Just used some sandpaper to mar the finish to hide the spots. Third time around, they got the paint right, but someone must've leaned on the dent work and the curve was gone.

I had had enough. I decided to live with the slight defect. People were telling me I had too high expectations.

At this point, they were outsourcing their paint work to a place called Colour Wheels. jkdas told me they rock.

Hell no.

By the time #2 rolls around, Honda has gotten their own paint booth.

2) Emergency braking because a car in front did the same to save a stupid techie coming out of Technopark to meet his maker instead of his lunch. Idiot biker trying to squeeze through my left clips my left taillamp and quarter panel. He jumps away and his bike is crushed by a driving school trucker coming from behind. I'm grinning like crazy and my mom thinks I've lost it.

The bumper was repairable, but fairly seriously damaged. One tail lamp shattered. Quarter panel dented and scratched badly.

To Peninsular's credit, they did the job nearly well. The quarter panel was painted only partly and it took me a very long time to see the transition point. The shades are perfectly matched. Only the tell tale Peninsular lack of finish at the meeting point told the story.

3) Union leader bangs into the front left fender while reversing and talking on his phone. Second day on my first job. FML.

This is the same fender as in #1. I'm slightly relieved to replace it. The Peninsular SA I'm familiar with says he'll adjust the rear scratches into the insurance claim. I'm happy we're finally getting into a good relationship.

I get the car back after one week and the results are atrocious. The paint shade is wrong. The finish is really bad and parts of the bumper look like they are matte finish. I notice it only on the next weekend as I wax the car. My fault for taking delivery in the evening. A pic I took at that exact time is attached.

I call up the dude and give him a verbal lashing. He says he'll get it fixed, no problem. We'll do it when the engine mount arrives he says. He never calls back. A couple weeks later I call him and find out he's left the company. Greaaaat. I talk to his trainee and he tells me the engine mount reserved for my car was given to another car because nobody knew which car it was for. Greaaat. He tells me he has ordered another and we'll do the paint thing when it arrives.

*sigh*

Another two weeks later, I call up the front desk and ask for the body shop guy. He's new. I also find out the entire service and paintshop team has quit. I also learn they have started their own body shop a couple of KMs away. Figures. I tell him the story and he asks me to bring the car and he admits at the first look that the shade is wrong. I was going to Delhi and would be away for a week. Perfect for them to do my 20K service and paint job.

Or, so I thought.

I get back and can't go to the dealership to collect the car because I have a fraggin' bad fever and can't get out of bed. They deliver it home. What a disaster. There is no more matte finish on the front bumper. Hell, it looks good - if only the paint shade was right. The fender looks worse. It's just like my first paint job. They've just used sandpaper to make it look less bad only to make it worse. The rear bumper is a mixed bag. The bubbles and such are gone, but it still looks like matte finishing.

The SA swears up and down that they actually did paint the fender. I've given him an ultimatum. The engine mount arrives in 2 weeks. They get the car for one week. Either I get my Rs.20,000/- of paintjob or I light a fire under their ***.

The problem is, I really don't know who to actually supply the fire. I'll be very grateful if anyone knew how to do so. Writing to Honda is pretty useless - they will just call the service center, he'll call me, grovel, ask for two weeks, blah blah blah. Funny part is that I met the Showroom Manager on my return trip to TVM. He was on the same train I was in and we chatted regularly.

Grr.

To their credit, they are technically competent. They know how to fix the little rattles and squeaks and such. That isn't technical competence, but nothing really goes wrong in these cars, thank God.
Attached Thumbnails
Peninsular Honda Trivandrum - Drunken monkeys paint better.-dscn2830.jpg  

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 23rd January 2010 at 20:46.
Old 23rd January 2010, 20:43   #2
BHPian

Honda will be Honda...they just dont value indian customers..more after making money and passing off third grade stuff & services compared to their models abroad...i think you should talk to the showroom owner/manager and demand honda standard (actual honda standard) service.
Old 23rd January 2010, 21:40   #3
BHPian

did you write to honda or something.. i mean what was their response, since they boast about their customer friendliness.
Old 23rd January 2010, 21:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

That looks too much metallic! Paintbooth at TASS does a better job it seems.
Old 23rd January 2010, 21:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Err, Mr. Clever, the bonnet is factory paint. What do you mean?

@jithu : Haven't written to them yet. I'm waiting for the dealership to get their new colour mixer guy. What is the point of giving the car for another week for the same result?
Old 24th January 2010, 00:51   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

I heard stuff about Honda today which would make even the most fanboyish of Honda fanboys give their favourite brand a second thought.

Unfortunately, professional ethics mean I cannot share it here. It should suffice to say that my respect for the brand has gone down BIG TIME!

I love my dad's NHC. I love Honda engines. But they no longer have the charm they used to.
Old 24th January 2010, 14:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Update : While washing the car, I found out that they have done a new clearcoat on my front left door. Ruined the finish on another panel as well.

I'm going there tomorrow and see what kind of a storm I can create.
Old 24th January 2010, 15:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Guess some one is giving something really valuable to the worst dealers. It was earlier FIAT, then Skoda took their spot and started giving customers enough and more disappointments... And now HONDA is trying???!!!

Is it not possible to do this somewhere other than at the A.S.S?
Old 24th January 2010, 16:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I'm told there are good paintbooths in TVM. But to repaint four panels, it's going to cost a good amount of money.
Old 24th January 2010, 19:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

um- HONDA A.S.S. at its best !!
Old 24th January 2010, 19:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Yes, I'm told there are good paintbooths in TVM. But to repaint four panels, it's going to cost a good amount of money.
Wont the A.S.S charge you MORE than anyone else??
Old 24th January 2010, 19:24   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Wont the A.S.S charge you MORE than anyone else??
IMO he won't be paying them again for the paint job they were supposed to do. If he dies it elsewhere he'll have to pay.

I guess we should be blaming the dealer and not Honda.Though i'm not a fan of Honda at all. My friend bought a new Accord, in the first 1000 kms, he had to change the front suspension, after around 6k kms, he had to change the rear suspensions.
Old 24th January 2010, 21:16   #13
BHPian

I think the same too, A.S.S guys spoil the face of an otherwise good product. shameful, am sure this is not the first time Peninsular Honda messed up with a paint job.
Old 24th January 2010, 22:50   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
I guess we should be blaming the dealer and not Honda.Though i'm not a fan of Honda at all. My friend bought a new Accord, in the first 1000 kms, he had to change the front suspension, after around 6k kms, he had to change the rear suspensions.
I recently got the rear bumper of my Civic painted and the shade/finish is perfect. I think we should be blaming Honda only if they turn deaf when we report such issues. I recently reported such an issue with Honda (on their website) and they did respond by mail, called me to check if things are sorted out.

Could you please provide more details of this Accord, so that we know how genuine the case is.
Old 25th January 2010, 02:22   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
I recently got the rear bumper of my Civic painted and the shade/finish is perfect. I think we should be blaming Honda only if they turn deaf when we report such issues. I recently reported such an issue with Honda (on their website) and they did respond by mail, called me to check if things are sorted out.

Could you please provide more details of this Accord, so that we know how genuine the case is.
You can blame Honda IF they turn deaf.Here, Immortalz hasn't complained to Honda and you yourself have agreed that Honda responded promptly to your complaint.

As for my friend's Accord, it's in Saudi Arabia, and there's only one dealer here, AFAIK, and that's where he got it from. I have seen the bills myself.

If you want more details, for you to know if the case is genuine, then specify the exact details that you require.
P.S - Pls dont expect me to post scanned copies of his bill.

Last edited by rg_chn : 25th January 2010 at 02:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks