Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 12:05   #1
BHPian

Pathetic service - TATA BU Bhandari service station, Pune

Hi Guys,

Our car met with an accident on March 01, 2009. The car had skidded off road and the underbelly was damaged. Cosmetically, there were a few scrapes on the front bumper. A stone had hit the gear axle from below. Though driveable, we towed it down to the BU Bhandari service station at Wakad. Car was accepted for repairs on the 2nd March 09.

A certain (always irritated) Mr. Shah (Service Mngr - Claims) got all forms filled and formalities done from us. He then said that there is too much of work load and we should not bother him for the next days. Since we are all victims of work pressure, we accepted this at face value.

On the 15th, (12 days later) my friend drove down to check on the progress made. He was shocked to see the car untoched. On confronting with Mr. Shah, he was told that the work pressure had increased due to Gudi Padwa!
Really? Are TATA passenger vehicles prone to accidents as Gudi Padwa nears? I guess TATA AIG would be sevicing a lot of claims then in this period. Somebody please explain

Incidentally, the car came with AIG insurance which promised cashless & "speedy" recovery of all claims. Are the group companies in tandem?

My friend, who owns the car is really frustrated with this sevice (he is also an owner of a Hyundai vehicle) and wonders if he made a wrong purchase!

Even im contemplating on buying the Punto wondering if i the TATA service will be able to cope up with customer expectations.

I need advice on the following -
Is it possible to move the car from BU Bhandari service station to probably Pandit Auto now?
Will the company bear the towing expenses?
Does anyone from any dealership manager / customer grievience officer with TATA motors to whom this issue may be highlighted?

Attached copy of mail marked to BU Bhandari / TATA Motors authority which has yeilded no response so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Pathetic service - TATA BU Bhandari service station, Pune-untitled1.jpg  

Old 19th March 2010, 13:23   #2

B.U.Bhandari

Hi freak1201

I was also upset with the kind of service provided by B.U.Bhandari. I had my Indigo Manza given for some repairs there. Somebody had scratched my car while it was parked and decided to give it for repairs. They took forever for a 1 day job. Also just realized that when I gave my car for servicing they have not filled in the details in the Owners Manual.
I dont think I will be going back to B.U.Bhandari anytime soon and yes TATA has been really slow with their responses.

Yes for some reason this guy Shah is always irritated. I faced the same thing when I gave my car for repairs. But then dor me service has been poor overall. This I have personally experienced. Maybe its just me after all I went through a lot to get the car with the sales guy constantly lying.

What I did was I asked this Shah whom he reported to and asked the receptionist to connect me to that person. I do not remember his name or number but I have the works Manager number and the GM of B.U. Bhandari's number so if you need it just PM me and I will pass it onto you. There is another guy called Amol who is better and gets the work done. He finally completed mine.

Best of Luck
Old 24th March 2010, 23:17   #3
BHPian

Maan !! Feel so sorry for you. This is not the first time I am hearing stories about Shah. God knows what his problem is !!

Please go and meet Mr.Gopal. He is the GM at B U Bhandari Wakad workshop. He will surely help.

btw : I think you wanted to say your car met with an accident on 1st march 2010 and not 2009 !!
Old 25th March 2010, 00:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

I probably know what you are saying, since I have witnessed it now twice.

I sent email to their official email id, so that I could book a slot for servicing. I got no reply for that email till this date. I wanted to have my car serviced before going for a long outstation trip (~1200 km), but I had no time to chase the workshop, so that servicing did not happen. I went ahead with the trip and after coming back, sent couple of reminder emails for booking a slot for servicing. Yes, you guessed it right! No reply again.

Anyway, I called their workshop to book a slot for regular servicing. The concerned person was not available and I was told that, I would get a call back. Yes, I didn't hear back as you would have guessed by now.

After repeating this story twice, I was finally able to get in touch with the contact person. But since there was considerable workload, they could not take the car for servicing very next day. Fine, I was not in a pressing hurry now and asked them to pick it up after 3-4 days, whenever convenient for them.

So finally, the car went on a Thursday for regular servicing (and I guess, some other minor work such as checking on brakes etc). Overall, it was 1 day job, as it turned out later.

I got a call from SA later in evening that, the car would not be delivered on the same day and will be delivered next day i.e. Friday. I called him up on Friday to find that he was on leave. The alternate SA told me that, he'll check the status and call me, which of course did not happen.

On Saturday, I called up alternate SA and he informed that, original SA is back. Great! I called him up and he told me that work is in progress and may take some time. Normally, I would have trusted his word, but I had exactly same experience with the previous servicing as well.

I probed him about what work is done and what is pending. He tried to beat around bush but I wanted to know exactly what was done and what was pending. At this time, he confessed that, there was lot of workload and car was not attended yet. He was sort of helpless since the scheduling of cars, to be attended, was not in his control.

This simply blew off the lid. I can understand about workload, but I had sought appointment almost week before. After couple of really heated conversations with SA's manager and workshop manager (I was seriously in a mood to escalate it to their GM), I overheard him over phone, instructing someone to take the car up on priority. While that worked well for me, I felt sad that, some other unsuspecting customer is going to suffer because of this.

All this happened on Saturday around noon and by this time, I knew that there was no chance to get the car back by end of day and Sunday was up for a toss. I kept on getting calls from SA later in the evening about work progress and eventually the car was delivered by Monday noon.

(Funny part is that, I had gone through the same process during previous servicing as well).

While BU Bhandari is probably the best Tata-Fiat dealer in Pune and are reasonably professional, this experience wasn't at all pleasing.

Couple of things, however, I must appreciate are that,
  • All their employees were courteous and polite during conversation.
  • Availability of spares. I was told that, rear brake cylinder had a leak and they replaced it immediately. It was available in the stock.
They probably are severely overloaded with the work, but I am sure, they can manage it in much better way than this.
Old 25th March 2010, 17:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
ICouple of things, however, I must appreciate are that,
  • All their employees were courteous and polite during conversation.
  • Availability of spares. I was told that, rear brake cylinder had a leak and they replaced it immediately. It was available in the stock.
They probably are severely overloaded with the work, but I am sure, they can manage it in much better way than this.
Hi RX135,

I fail to understand how companies hire people with such an attitude to a function like service! How can your service manager who's the face of the organisation to the customer be irritated always? Isnt he paid to be nice and do his work?

Its like walking into a restaurant, and the head waiter saying - hey, we got too many orders today. Your orders going to take atleast an hour. You may wait if you wish to - but theres no place to sit. If you wait, dont bother me for the next hour and i may take your order, but im not sure if it will be prepared immediately after taking!

A customers bloody paid lots of money to buy the car. Then he unfortunately has met with an accident and is already suffering! He's come to you to get the car fixed (and ofcourse he's going to pay for it) but you act as if he's some urchin on the street who's been bothering you!?

If a certain delarships got too much workload, they should employ more resources to ensure that the work is done within defined turn arount time! Better still, if possible they can always say that its not possible for them and suggest that the owner take the car to some other service centre!

The service provided is highly unprofessional.

About the current status, my friend got a mail from the dealership. They acknowledge that the cars reported to their workshop on 2nd for repairs, but now say that it wont be delivered till April the 20th!! 1 and a half month!
And its not a total loss vehicle! She's in good shape and driveable!!

Really dissappointing!
Attached Thumbnails
Pathetic service - TATA BU Bhandari service station, Pune-untitled.jpg  

Old 25th March 2010, 17:57   #6
BHPian

What he heck? 1 1/2 months for a small body work. Guys what is this? The cosmetic work on the front bumper should not take more than 1 day for either replacing/fixing and repainting the bumper. The work that of the underbody should not take more than 3 days and within this time they can work parlelly on other cars and complete 20 + cars within the stipulated time frame.

@Freak1202 - Did you guys try to approach TATA motors contact rather than contacting the dealers customer care?
Old 25th March 2010, 18:16   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post

@Freak1202 - Did you guys try to approach TATA motors contact rather than contacting the dealers customer care?

@ ElentraGT: I guess thats the only option left now.
One of the dealership guys spoke to my friend the other day saying that the car should be ready by Friday (tomorrow, Mar 26, 09) and we are in reciept of this mail today.

@ Amogh: That was a typo. Meant 2010. But the pace at which things are happening, seems like it was 2009!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks