Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 17:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

HM-Mitsubishi’s 2nd workshop in Bangalore

Mitsubishi has opened its second workshop SVR Motors in Bangalore. This new workshop will look after the service needs of all Mitsubishi models: the Lancer, Cedia, Outlander, Pajero and the Montero.

The second service centre of Mitsubishi Motors is situated in the southern part of Bangalore and is located near the Hebaal flyover in the midst of the of Bommanna Halli suburbs. The service centre is about thirteen thousand square feet in area with fourteen hi-tech service bays installed. SVR Motors has a capacity to service upto thirty vehicles in a single day.

With the opening of this new workshop, the number of Mitsubishi service centres in the South increases to seventeen while the number for All India goes up to forty.
Old 18th March 2010, 17:47   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Dippy, it's not near the Hebbal flyover, but below the new Hosure Road-Electronic City elevated expressway.

I have been to this place on work and found it kinda small for a proper service centre. I wonder how many cars thye can service per day. However, this shouldnt be an issue considering the miniscule number of Mitsu cars sold!

The best way to reach this is by going on Hosur road. Dont go on the new elevated tollroad, but keep below it. Soon, you will see Nandi Toyota on your left. Behind that is SVR motors. You will actually need to join the service road BEFORE you see Nandi Toyota.
Old 18th March 2010, 17:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Dippy, it's not near the Hebbal flyover, but below the new Hosure Road-Electronic City elevated expressway.

I have been to this place on work and found it kinda small for a proper service centre. I wonder how many cars thye can service per day. However, this shouldnt be an issue considering the miniscule number of Mitsu cars sold!

The best way to reach this is by going on Hosur road. Dont go on the new elevated tollroad, but keep below it. Soon, you will see Nandi Toyota on your left. Behind that is SVR motors. You will actually need to join the service road BEFORE you see Nandi Toyota.
Hi Nikhil

You maybe right but to quote from the official press release:

Quote:
The second service centre of Mitsubishi Motors is situated in the southern part of the India’s Silicon Valley. It is located near the Hebaal flyover in the midst of the automobile hub of Bommanna Halli suburbs.
Old 18th March 2010, 18:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Dippy, I could kiss you for this info pack. Muuuaaaahh!! Thanks!! Wait till Viduth hears about this. Ok Southern Bangalore and Bomanahalli means the new Electronic city flyover. That would be my guess.
Old 18th March 2010, 18:05   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, then it's wrong. Do a google maps search for Bommanahalli and see where it is. It is next to Hosur Road.

I wonder who the genius is who checked that press release and thought everything is ok. Some ignorant guy who hasnt even visited the place I guess.

Pervez --- It is ON hosur Road. You would be aware of the location of the Nandi Toyota. It's right behind that.
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:21   #6
BHPian

I got call from SVR motors today asking when I will visit them to service my CEDIA.
Nikhil is right. It is on Hosur road. They also said Nadi Toyota as near by land mark.
I am waiting to hear the feedback from Mitsubishi owners. My service is due in the first week of April
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:32   #7
BHPian

This is some relief! I am hoping the quality of service will now improve since work load will be distributed between the 2 service centers in the city.

Service is due for my car this month but as of now I have not got any reminders from Mitsu / HM. Not sure if I should try out the new place this time.
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:49   #8
Team-BHP Support

SVR motors is near the Nandi Toyota pre owned cars showroom and not the new car showroom. The pre owned is before the new car showroom. After silk board get on the service lane and after bomanahalli on left side it is there.

The place is owned by Mr. Prasad who has been in the automotive after sales service division for 30yrs. He was in charge of Cauvery Ford before this as well as Toyota in Hyderabad.

The place has 14 service bays, wheel alignment/balancing, paint booth and now a full wash bay.

Sounds pretty impressive after my discussion with Mr. Prasad.

Lancer owners should try this out. India Garage are back to their attitude problems and apart from Laxmikanth I don't find anyone talking nicely with the customer. Their workshop manager Mr. Parmesh is the worst of the lot with only talk no action. He and the head mechanic are most impolite and are never willing to cooperate.
Old 10th April 2010, 17:26   #9
BHPian

I just got an SMS from SVR motors. I'm glad I have another option to get my Cedia serviced. My experience with Southern Motors the first time was pretty ordinary.
Old 11th April 2010, 23:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

^^ Oh! great please let us know your experiences with them in detail.
Old 15th April 2010, 11:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Got an SMS from SVR Motors. I think it is a promotional one. It says, Visit SVR for free checkup between 15th - 25th April. Avail free pick/drop facility.
Old 21st April 2010, 19:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

Ok I called them and they said they would have the car picked up and delivered for free. Free fluid top up, inspection, 5% off on parts, 20% off on labour. I know what the parts I want costs and will see what they can offer. Will update this later on.
Old 22nd April 2010, 09:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

The driver came in from SVR motors to my office. He was on time. Impressive. Was informed and had all documents. Made a job card. Asked him to re-check the problems. He said the service engineer will give a call in an hour or so.
Old 23rd April 2010, 22:25   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
The driver came in from SVR motors to my office. He was on time. Impressive. Was informed and had all documents. Made a job card. Asked him to re-check the problems. He said the service engineer will give a call in an hour or so.
Even I am planning to go there and have a check-up ( free ) done. They also promised a car wash free. This would allow me to get a peek into the facility.
Old 24th April 2010, 09:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

The service engineers called in and told me that they had checked up the entire vehicle apart from the things that I had mentioned. They agreed that some problems I pointed out were indeed genuine. But as usual one can never go to fiz these issues all at once because of their price. When you hear 10 K and 21K for 2 problems it feels miserable.

Most Viewed