Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 12:09   #1
BHPian

Fraudulent Reps at Service Stations

My car until 28th Jan 2010 was a Wagon-R and since i had purchased the car at Mandovi, i used to service it only at Mandovi Service Stations, until i moved to New BEL Rd and once there i serviced it twice at Nexus. During the time i had this car, majority of the service was done at J.P Nagar Mondovi. I serviced it a couple of times at Wilson Garden Mondovi and once at Gorguntepalya and i would rate the quality of service in the same order with Gorguntepalya as the least preferred one.

One thing that was common across all service centers was if there was some MGA that was missing in your car like underbody coating, engine lacquering, car polishing, upholstery cleaning etc, then for sure the service rep will try hard and convince you to have it fitted giving you the impression that if you don't you are missing out on something big. I am not against getting these done but usually its these extras that inflate your service bills. You can get the same job done at a Multi Car service station like Bosh (there are others as well) for half the cost.

Also, my advice is once the Car is through with its free servicing, consider scouting for a reputable multi car service center as well. If you zero in on one, the benefits are huge. These centers usually do not cross sell unnecessary stuff and they do not take customers for granted. Their recall value lies in the quality of their service as they cannot afford the huge telemarketing campaigns that authorized dealerships rely so heavily on over their service quality.

Moreover, fraudulent practices are prevalent at almost all service outlets. Usually it’s the service rep trying to make a quick buck replacing an out-of-stock part from another vehicle and have you pay him directly for the FAVOUR. The other vehicle could have been yours. So the onus is on you to ensure that you do not encourage such practices by the service reps and DO NOT leave your car unattended at the service center for long periods. Make all payments at the billing counter only and ensure you get a receipt for the payment. If you are provided with a Survey form, make sure that you fill it mentioning of any fraudulent practices by the service rep. Your feedbacks are usually taken seriously and the service rep will be brought to task in most cases.

Recently i was at the Hyundai Yeshwanthpur service center to get the quarter glass of my i20 replaced. Since i had 3M sunfilm on the glasses, i agreed to get it done on the replaced quarter glass as well. The 3M guys (from cats) mentioned that the sunfilm provided by the Hyundai accessory rep was substandard and was discarded one from a previous job. I agreed to go ahead and get it fixed all the same as i felt lazy to make another trip to get it done at a later time. The 3M guys asked for my Guarentee card, took a carbon copy and left. Strangely, the Hyundai accessory guy did not show up at the time of billing but met me outside as i was getting ready to leave and charged me Rs 400 (the glass costed me Rs 200) for the sunfilm and said the amount will be paid to the 3M guys and hence no bill. I was eager to get back home so i paid him directly and left. Later i got to know that the replacement is covered under warranty and there is no charge. I ended up getting duped of Rs 400. So much for Authorized service centers .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks