Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 19:07   #1
BHPian

Audi Delhi (Horrible!) vs Audi Gurgaon (GREAT!)

Due to a non-competition clause, Audi does not allow Sales of cars to out-of-region buyers - These two may be the only exception! So one would expect fabulous service and cut-throat competition - however that is not the case.

Audi Delhi is on Mathura Road where the Delhi metro construction has completely destroyed the access roads! One feels they are on an off-road track - Even if one does buy from here, It would be stupid to send a brand new car here for servicing! Bad roads, poor access, ridiculously congested traffic and just bad management! I placed an order in Dec for a mid-Feb delivery, come mid-feb I was told it would be delayed till May mid. No reasons, explanations or logic - 'there is a delay in the production cycle'. They had a new car coming in 2 weeks (my color, model, engine pref) which they said was ordered by Audi India to be kept as a Test Drive vehicle! Don't know if they actually kept this as a TD or sold it - i was so fed up with their attitude that I simply walked out hurling expletives when he advised me of the 3 months additional delay. A friend of mine cancelled his fleet order of Q7's due to the same delays - ordered in Dec, postponed in Feb till July. The salesperson I was dealing with was not very knowledgeable about his products, TD vehicles were available but the nearby roads & traffic is soo bad one can't get a feel for the car, showroom looked dingy and outdated.

Audi Gurgaon on the other hand was in a brand new building - the biggest Audi showroom in India - is what I was told. Impeccably clean, on Golf course road which is wide, new and not at all trafficky - hit 140kmph! TD vehicles available, staff was excellent - salesperson introduced us to the owner (who owns several Audi dealerships in UK - Definitely a positive!) when we booked the car (at 9pm!). They stayed till late to accommodate my late hours, efficiently processed all paperwork etc and were polite and knowledgeable. After leaving Audi Delhi in Feb, these guys promised a car Mar mid which got delayed by 10 days. On the day of delivery- at 9.45pm!- the salesperson gave me a bottle of Champagne along with the key- awfully sweet of the chap! They also had my car dropped back home so I could enjoy the drive back to Delhi - nice touch again! Went home a happy customer at the end of the day!

All in all, the delays at Audi are ridiculous but given the situation, Audi Gurgaon managed my frustration a lot better than their South Delhi peers. Avoid AD - stick with AG - its way better management and definately a more informed and warmer staff! Hope this helps any future buyers!
Old 8th April 2010, 23:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
Due to a non-competition clause, Audi does not allow Sales of cars to out-of-region buyers - These two may be the only exception! So one would expect fabulous service and cut-throat competition - however that is not the case.
Rightly said. I've seen most of the Audi's with DL Registration but Audi Gurgaon's sticker on the plates.

Last edited by Eddy : 8th June 2010 at 23:42.
Old 5th June 2010, 14:03   #3
BANNED

Personally, getting into the market for a bigger car (read: more expensive) I am looking at Audi - and yes, the dealership on Mathiura Road is suffering the Metro work right now. HOWEVER, when completed, we shall be able to go there in a train, or back again too, so may make sense by then AND improve.

Nissan is next door, as are many others.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks