Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2010, 20:30   #1
BHPian

Galaxy Toyota Moti Nagar - Bad Experience

I have to write this, after spending 6 hrs today with them just to had 20K service done for my Innova. Though I booked it 3 days in advance and frankly till today I never had much problem, may be 30 min delay, but today was worst day I would say. Here it goes, my booking was at 9:15 a.m.

- Reached at 9:10 a.m., no service advisor came for 15 min, after I talked to Tarun, incharge over there, then Someone came. Talked to Tarun for Synthetic Oil and decided to go for it.
- Work was, oil change, horn issue, 20k service and some cooling problem in 2nd and 3rd row.
- They took the vehicle inside around 9:50 AM. Gave the estimate for 2p.m, I asked why? Does this really take that much, No sir, but we will try to give you asap. (Seems they already had some complaints about delivery). I kept quite.
- Owner lounge, not sure why they kept that name, when even drivers used to sit there. Out of 3 center table, one of the table glass was broken from one side, it can damage someone really badly, not sure why they still kept it there. Everyone coming there for cold water, thanks to hotty day, area became dirty soon after and no cleaning till 3:30, as I was there till that time.
- 12 Service Advisor Mr. Adhikari came ask me to go for test ride for AC etc. We came back in 10 min and Innova went for wash.
- I asked him what you did with horn as I am coming twice for the same problem in 1 yr, he says we tunned it, I asked why can't you change it. He says we can't, I asked him give me service record for the same (as I came once just for horn issue) write over it, that you can not change it with your Service Manager Signature. Still he didn't agreed. I have to Talk to Another Manager, Jitender to get new horn under warranty.
- After that S.A said it will take more than 1 hr to get the horn, as we have to fill warranty papers etc etc. and as its already 1 and lunch hr started. I kept quite, as they put delivery time as 2 p.m. Have seen 2-3 customers already yelling really badly these guys, as no one attended their cars even after 2-3 hrs. I felt I was lucky.
- 1:45 p.m. S.A came and asked me to have look, I just asked him have you done tyre rotation, as expected answer was yes after looking at RO. Then I asked how many tyre, as I after looking at my spare tyre I can make out they did only 4 tyre rotation. S.A says no sir its 5 only, there is no 4 tyre rotation.
- Then the time come to call Service Manager. I went to his room, and told him train your guys, as it was already 2:15 my temp too sour as its souring outside too. Another customer came and took his car back after waiting for 2-3 hrs and no one touched his car.
- 2:30 I called Toyota guys and complaint about Galaxy, but they called same SM, he just acknowledged the call.
- 3 pm S.A came and asked me to check the Innova, I asked him have you done test ride which you generally do after tyre rotation, he says no sir no need. But as we already had hot arguments, he send someone for ride.
- 3:30 guy came again and this time, nozel cap was missing as they put spare wheel which had different one. He says I have to take innova back into service area to get it change. Man I had bad day.

After all 3:45 or so I was able to move out as I was so tired without food. It was a horrible day for me. Just got my senses back and writing this.

Now question to Toyota,

1. why dealers like Galaxy give Bookings ?
2. What is the estimate time for delivery if booking make in advance with no addition work? Do they have any guidelines for dealers?
3. Why dealers getting over burden? What are they going to achieve, Toyota is loosing their brand value nothing else.
4. Can't they authorize some small vendors, where we can get oil change etc and warranty remain intact. I have seen in US/Canada where this happen.

I am sure I am not going to go to this place again. Can some suggest me any other place to get my Innova Service in Delhi and keep my warranty intact.
sam003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2011, 20:17   #2
BHPian

Re: Galaxy Toyota Moti Nagar - Bad Experience

Hey Sam, Completely agree with you on Galaxy Toyota's pathetic service. Here goes my story:

Booked my Corolla for its 30k service on 1st June, 8.30am, Booking No.3. Reached Galaxy at 8.45am, and was surprised to find just 1 SA present and atleast 5 customers already waiting. Told this guy about my appointment at 8.30, and he asked me to wait for 5mins. No worries, I went ahead to check out the display cars (they have recently merged the Showroom with Service Reception). 15mins gone, and I checked with the SA, and I get the same reply to wait for some more time. This time I clearly told him that I am not on a holiday to keep waiting for their lazy staff. He apologised and asked for 5 more mins.

Again, 10mins gone, a new guy(who didn't seemed to be a SA, more of a clerical guy) appeared on the scene, starts working on his PC, least bothered about the waiting customers. I check with the previous SA, and he asked this new guy to take over. Lazily he fed the data in his system, and proceeded to check out the car. Time:9.25am

Apart from 1 or two squeaks there was no problems with the car. A repeat problem was also reported (History: In between the 20k & 30K service, reported a misaligned front passenger side window glass & all they did was to spray some lubricant & send the car back to me. The problem resurfaced the very next day, and I sent the car back to them. The SA told me that all they can do is tighten the window glass channel & spray some more lube, the only other solution is to change the glass channel. But, he refused to do it under warranty as per Toyota policy. I spoke to the senior manager, and got the same reply. I was really short on time because of some family function those days, so didn't pursue the matter further).

The Job car was ready in next five mins. (time reported in the job card was 9.15 as against 9.35), and I was handed over an estimate of 5.5K, whose details are (dont remember the exact figures, so rounded off) :
1. 30K serivce - 760 (Labour)
2. E.Oil - 1200
3. Oil Filter - 400
4. Oil Gasket - 50
5. Washer Fluid- 100
6. Disc Pad Cleaning- 300
7. Under Body Coating- 1800
8. Paint protection- 800

Explanation from SA for item 7 & 8 : Sir, recommended at 30k service. But, I refused both of them and the estimate comes down to 3.5k. Delivery time was 12.30pm. Left the centre and reached home.

Got a call around 12.45pm, that the car is in washing, and would be ready in another 15mins. I reached Galaxy back at around 5pm, and SA handed over the bill of 2.7k. Satisfied with the figure, I checked the bill further and found a note : RHS fender indicator bulb fuse, Break Light Bulb fuse ??? Checked with the SA, and he stupidly asked: Sir, You want to change them I said "ofcourse yes, and why didnt you change them in the first place, or called me to confirm". He again showed his stupid smile, and asked for 10mins to get the work done.

After about 20-25mins he got the car out to the delivery area. I checked the replaced bulbs, and reported to him about the ill-fitted Break Light (Small Break Light placed on the rear parcel shelf). He again took the car inside, this time I accompanied him. The technician worked on the light for some 15mins and failed to get it right. He called another guy, and they together worked on it for some 20 more mins. When both of them failed to fit the light properly in its cavity, I inspected it closely, and found 1 of the four clips broken and the cause for ill-fitting. I called the SA, and he showed his helplessness on the matter and asked the technicians to fit it somehow. As I was getting late for a party, I knew asking for a replacement was futile. They finally did some "Jugaad" and handed over the car to me at around 6.45. I paid the final bill Rs2.9k and headed to the delivery area. I have never been satisfied by their cleaning even on my previous visits, and this time was no different. Their were stains all over the rear & side glass, alloys and side view mirrors. Had to personally ask the cleaner to get it right, as the SA was no where to be seen.

I was expecting a feed-back card as always, but their was none this time. I would have loved to give them a "0". All in all, I can say that the dealers like "Galaxy" are in the front to bring a bad name to Toyota.
Old 6th June 2011, 09:26   #3

I cant understand why you guys bother taking the car to an authorized service centre for things like an oil change and fuses. And the cherry on the cake is the fact that people take it back to the same place after having multiple instances of bad experiences. Jeez!!
Old 6th June 2011, 09:43   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Did you try giving your feedback to toyota directly? I have heard on this forum that they take such feedbacks quite seriously. I really feel you should do that.

Galaxy toyota's sales section is pretty good. I have interacted with a couple of SA there a few times and have always had a pleasant experience. They have oodles of space. Its sad to know that they are not maintaining the same high standards in the Service section.
Old 6th June 2011, 13:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I cant understand why you guys bother taking the car to an authorized service centre for things like an oil change and fuses. And the cherry on the cake is the fact that people take it back to the same place after having multiple instances of bad experiences. Jeez!!
Hey Cyrus, I respect your view.

But, a service is not just for oil change. They do lot many things other than that. Even if I don't take my car to an authorized centre, there are hardly any other specialized options around my place to get it done. AFAIK, the next Toyota Authorized Centre is atleast 20Kms far, and again, belongs to Galaxy Toyota.

Last edited by ScorpMan : 6th June 2011 at 13:41.
Old 6th June 2011, 17:33   #6
BHPian

Sam, i can understand your situation as i too had a very similar incident a year back at Galaxy Toyota at Moti Nagar.I had to wait for nearly 8 years to get a service for my Corolla. I had asked for floor mats for my Corolla and they gave me mats which was meant for the Corolla Altis which is different from the previous Corolla. I had specified to them that mine is a Corolla and not an Altis. Finally the Sales guy comes back and tells me it will not match my car. I got furious and requested for a refund and the Cashier said that the head cashier has gone home and cannot be refunded the same day. They asked me to come back later to collect it. I got so pissed off that i requested to speak to the GM on this case as its the companies mistake and they had already taken money from me for the floor mats even after saying that mine is a Corolla and not an Altis. Then finally after 30 minutes they spoke to their GM and arranged for my refund the same day. I had come to the showroom at 9 am and left only by 7:30 pm for a full proper service.

There was another incident also in which i had to get my car battery replaced and send it to Galaxy Toyota through a pick up and drop by their company driver as i was busy on official tour. When the car came back it had a steering noise which was really annoying. After that incident i never took my car there for service.

Just a day back i send my car to MGF Toyota for service for service and found it very good and fast with respect to Galaxy Toyota. I gave the car at 1 pm and got it back at 4:30 pm with all the neefull done. I was very impressed with their service. Sam i would request you to go to MGF Toyota for your next service.
Old 22nd July 2011, 19:44   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys We had bought a used Innova 5 years back at 30k kms. Its now done 76k kms. My dad generally views every dealer with a lot of suspicion because of some not so good experiences with the Honda and Mitsubishi Dealers in the past w.r.t to the servicing. So he always has got the cars serviced outside. This time I somehow managed to convince himself to try out Toyota ( after reading a lot about the legendary service on TBHP). The experience just blew us away. Here is a short summary of our experience at Galaxy Toyota, Moti Nagar:

Day 1: We scheduled an appointment for 20th july for 8:30 AM at Galaxy Toyota, Moti Nagar, Delhi. Due to some work that came up suddenly I couldn't take the car and they called me up at 2 pm to enquire about the same. The appointment was re-scheduled for 21st July without any hassles.

Day 2:I somehow got late and took the car finally at 12 pm on the 21st and was expecting a delay since I was pretty late. But to my utter surprise the Service Adviser MR. Maninder attended to us immediately. I told him about 2-3 issues with the car, the major being a sound that had started coming from the breaks. He promised to check the same and inform us accordingly. The total bill for the regular servicing with oil change and everything was Rs 4200.
Left the car with them and returned. The promised delivery time was 5:30 pm. I got a call from him at 2pm saying that my break shoe and break drum need to be replaced and the total cost for the same is around 15k. I told him not to go ahead with that as I would have got the same done outside for only 4-5k I guess. I went to pick the car with my dad at 5:30 and the car was ready. Once again we were attended to within 5 minutes and he was ready with all the billing work. Before me saying anything he himself took us to the car and showed us all the work that he had carried out. He then went on to recommend the Break pad and drum change and told that there is a huge difference between the original and the duplicate available outside. He successfully convinced us to change them also. We left the car with them only and decided to collect it today at 2pm.

Day 3: We reached the showroom at 2pm and the car was ready. Once again no delays of any sort. The SA promptly took us to the car and brought along a brand new Break pad and showed us the difference in comparison to the local one which was removed from the car. The difference was indeed a lot and we felt really good about our decision. The total bill came to 13.2 k for the Break work and 4.2k for the regular servicing. Cleared the bill and drove the car out. The car has really transformed itself and I am loving it.

Some other points that made the whole experience wonderful:
1. The place for servicing is huge. There is ample space and even though most of the vehicles are Innovas and fortuners ( Big cars), there is lots of free space left.
2. The staff is courteous, well dressed and informed.
3. The whole place is quite clean.
4. Most importantly I did not see any worker ( Senior to Junior) goofing up or mishandling any car while I was inside the workshop.

All in all I had a fantastic experience with them and from now on I am getting all my services done there. In case any of you happen to go to galaxy for servicing I would highly recommend Mr. Maninder. Cheers!

Last edited by drmohitg : 22nd July 2011 at 19:53. Reason: Text added.
Old 22nd July 2011, 23:24   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Request to mods: Can we change the thread title to just Galaxy toyota, Moti Nagar. This can then become a thread with both negative and positive experiences and reviews of the said dealership.

Regards,
mohit
Old 22nd November 2013, 11:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

I brought my car in for a led change out (ashtray night light). What is a 5 minute affair turns out to be a wait of 1.5 hours.
Strongly feel that there should be a lighter service process at Galaxy Toyota (okhla).
Otherwise it is a well run shop.
Old 17th March 2014, 15:31   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Not so great experience with Galaxy Toyota

My dad had taken the Innova to Galaxy toyota for its regular servicing at 1.3L kms. We always had a very pleasant experience with them and over a period of time had developed a certain amount of trust in them and the regular sales advisor we always used to hand over our cars. But this time the experience went sour when the same SA recommended and successfully convinced my father to use synthetic oil. He told him that Toyota recommends this after the car has run so much and that its good for the engine etc etc. Also convinced him to get the AC blower vents cleaned. Dad going by the previous good experiences didn't suspect anything foul and gave him the go ahead. Total damages came to Rs 12.5k. I got to know about it only when I saw the bill on my recent visit to home. Highly unethical on there part and as a result Dad would most likely use the services of our local FNG from the next service onwards.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 08:14   #11
BHPian

I'm sorry but I don't see anything wrong in putting synthetic oil in a car that has run a lot. It would have been a different matter if the service advisor would have put synthetic oil without you knowing and then billed you for the same,but here you are telling that your dad was convinced into it.
I have been using synthetic oil right from day 1 because my Innova runs a lot 1,20,000km in 4 years and I think that it helps the engine in the long run.
Btw all European cars use synthetic oil right from day one even your f30.
Old 19th March 2014, 08:20   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
I'm sorry but I don't see anything wrong in putting synthetic oil in a car that has run a lot. It would have been a different matter if the service advisor would have put synthetic oil without you knowing and then billed you for the same,but here you are telling that your dad was convinced into it.
Synthetic oil might be better or might not be. But as a customer I would like to rather stick to my manufacturer specifications rather than my own. Toyota uses mineral oil till date. So the SA lied to my dad that Toyota only recommends synthetic oil after 1L kms. And that is why Dad didn't insist on mineral oil. So my problem is that the SA cannot just con the customer in choosing synthetic oil.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 11:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Synthetic oil might be better or might not be. But as a customer I would like to rather stick to my manufacturer specifications rather than my own. Toyota uses mineral oil till date. So the SA lied to my dad that Toyota only recommends synthetic oil after 1L kms. And that is why Dad didn't insist on mineral oil. So my problem is that the SA cannot just con the customer in choosing synthetic oil.
Please do note that if you plan to do a change back to normal mineral oil, be sure to do a complete engine flush. Mixing synth and mineral is not very good for the engine.
reignofchaos is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 11:25   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Please do note that if you plan to do a change back to normal mineral oil, be sure to do a complete engine flush. Mixing synth and mineral is not very good for the engine.
Yes will do that in the next service now. I plan to revert back to mineral oil then. The cost of service goes up considerably. What should have costed me around 4-5k costed more than double of that.
Old 22nd March 2014, 00:18   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
I'm sorry but I don't see anything wrong in putting synthetic oil in a car that has run a lot.
Btw all European cars use synthetic oil right from day one even your f30.
when I took my Fort for 10k servicing the SA told me to shift to synthetic oil. When I asked reason I was told it is better and in fact Toyota recommends it. As I have read here, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Synthetic oil might be better or might not be. But as a customer I would like to rather stick to my manufacturer specifications rather than my own. Toyota uses mineral oil till date.
This is a key data point. If synthetic oil is good then why doesn't the manufacturer not use it? I feel, I was misled to shift to synthetic oil. What is it that these people get out of making people change to synthetic oil? Is the margin higher? Or do they get commission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
What should I do? Go back to mineral oil? Please advise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks