Meets Expectations 73 38.42%
Below Your Expectations 42 22.11%
Improvement Needed 33 17.37%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2016, 23:12   #91
BHPian

Re: Honda A. S. S. Experience - By Owners Only

The Pune dealer, Crystal Honda calls my Honta City 2011 automatic for servicing every 3 months. I send it once a year but what is the actual service schedule? Also if you dont check they make sure to get unnecessary ac deodorising, interior cleaning and other random stuff done. Must be earning loads of money because most clients wont be cautious enough to check the job card!
Old 25th February 2017, 11:34   #92
Team-BHP Support

My experience with a Honda A.S.S has been with Pearl Honda in Gurgaon and I've seen them go through Honda's arrogant days (the times of the '08 City) and then the decline in the years later.

From having to wait for a few days to get a service appointment, the A.S.S. is now only about 40% occupied on any day.

Now, I get a call from them every month for some thing or the other: service reminder, airbag recall, new City launch etc.

As for the servicing, I've never had issues with the quality of repairs or the manner in which repairs/replacements were suggested.
Old 25th February 2017, 12:00   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash2424 View Post
The Pune dealer, Crystal Honda calls my Honta City 2011 automatic for servicing every 3 months.
For my 2012 S-AT it was every 5000 kms. Its been 3 years since I sold the car and crystal honda still calls up regularly inspite of telling them numerous times that I have sold the car.

Regarding their service, I never had any bad experience except untimely delivery and as mentioned by you unnecessary things like ac deodorising, interior cleaning and other random stuff.
akshay81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 12:30   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maktags View Post
Hi, has your service experience at Honda in Gurgaon improved in the last few years. Mine has deteriorated. Earlier Pearl Honda used to provide an efficient, hassle free service, however, my last few interactions have resulted in extremely poor service and workmanship. In one instance to repair damaged rear door they took more than a month. Ring Road Honda has been no great shakes and their service standards are at best acceptable. Should I still get my car serviced by them or look for alternatives in Delhi.
Over many years of getting cars maintained I always first befriend one or two of the maintenance engineers. After all they are typically young men (and now increasingly women) who are trying to build a career pulling themselves up with their boot laces. A pat on the back, a word of compliment to their General Manager all go a long way in making their day and a respite from the grumbling and snapping they deal with all the time. Just sharing my experience not suggesting you are not doing the same. At Ring Road Honda Gurgaon you could try Hardeep Singh or Jitendra Yadav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arakhanna View Post
I too am witnessing the deterioration of the service standards at Honda service stations. This coming from someone who owns a Skoda laura L&K should speak volumes...
On after sales service, Honda and Skoda might be an unfair comparison though I fully respect your perspective based on your experience. I have 2 Honda's and 1 Skoda (an earlier Skoda has been sold). Skoda have toiled hard to get to where they are i.e. at the bottom of a deep hole. And one has to admire their determination to stay there. However, on the other hand, Honda's sales experience is worth crying over. They couldn't make it worse even if they tried. My experience is based on 2 rounds with Ring Road Honda, NCR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash2424 View Post
The Pune dealer, Crystal Honda calls my Honta City 2011 automatic for servicing every 3 months. I send it once a year but what is the actual service schedule?
When the car is under warranty Honda insist on the service every 3 months. If you don't follow that effectively your warranty is dead. After the warranty they shift to a 6 monthly or xxxx kms cycle. If your car runs the usual 1000 to 1500 kms a month and is under the warranty period you may want to follow the 3 month cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
My experience with a Honda A.S.S has been with Pearl Honda in Gurgaon...
As for the servicing, I've never had issues with the quality of repairs or the manner in which repairs/replacements were suggested.
Agree with you. In all fairness I have never had them pad their advice or bills.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 25th February 2017 at 12:31.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 12:47   #95
BHPian

Bought our City DX from Ring Road Honda, Peeragarhi, Delhi in 2003 and the 8 years it was with us, was serviced there only as it was the nearest service station.

These people were always ready to change the entire body part even for a miniscule dent.

It so happened once that I was there to collect my car after servicing and noticed that a driver of theirs was reversing another car and hit it against my car. The normal hue and cry followed after which they agreed to repair it at their cost.

The ironic part was that in front of me itself they were telling the owner of the other car that “Saar this car had banged your car from behind and it is none of our mistake”
Old 2nd March 2017, 01:09   #96
Senior - BHPian

Honda is known to bug customers for service every 3 months. This is a fact known to all Honda customers. How many time is the service reminder guy suppose to call if the call goes un-answered by you? I received 3 calls continuously from Linkway Honda Chandivali while driving to the point that i got annoyed, stopped the car, picked the phone and asked what is the urgency that you are calling so much ? The call was quickly disconnected from the other end.

First of all Honda service manual does not say that the car needs to be serviced every 3 months. This seems to be a Honda dealer policy where they keep bothering the customers with unnecessary calls and SMS. My service is due in Mar (out of warranty 10 year old Civic) and i have been receiving calls and SMS from 1st week of Feb in the name of reminders. Finally today i gave that fellow a peace of my mind and have also blocked Linkways no on my phone.

Honda A. S. S. Experience - By Owners Only-screenshot_20170301232705.png

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 2nd March 2017 at 01:26.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 10:54   #97
BANNED

Quote:
My experience with a Honda A.S.S has been with Pearl Honda in Gurgaon and I've seen them go through Honda's arrogant days (the times of the '08 City) and then the decline in the years later.

From having to wait for a few days to get a service appointment, the A.S.S. is now only about 40% occupied on any day.

Now, I get a call from them every month for some thing or the other: service reminder, airbag recall, new City launch etc.

My son has been using them regularly since both their cars (City AVN and Amaze VX) are being serviced by them. I did have a bad experience with these chaps. i had blown a fuse on my Civic driving from Kanpur to Gurugram. Firstly they did not have a fuse of rating, and they charged me a lot (they put in on my son's City, why I do not know) and charged me about ₹150 for it (fuse was₹81.91, incl about 50 for 'installation'. On the other hand after my return to Kanpur I got the 15A fuse from Pushp Honda for all of ₹21. Both had the printed prices on them, which were what I paid. Makes you wonder?

My experience with Pushp Honda, Kanpur has been very good. We have two Civic AT and Brio AT. The only point I have found them wanting is that recently when I got my Civic serviced, they did not have synthetic oil in stock with either workshop. I found out that they have stopped stocking synth due to low demand. Next time I send the car i will put a can of synth in the boot. Now my Civic is with my son, and his City is with me, so the next iteration may be interesting.
Old 2nd March 2017, 12:54   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I received 3 calls continuously from Linkway Honda
My 2010 Honda City's running has come down dramatically and thus service requirements have fallen to 1 every year. I get calls from ASPEN HONDA in my city practically every other day asking me to service my car. Initially I politely explained to the lady on the phone my situation and hence stop reminding about services. You won't believe they continued calling me minimum 15 times in the the last one month. Funny thing is that it's the same woman calling me every time. Now I'm a person of gentle disposition but I recently lost my cool at the lady and asked her to remove my name from her calling lists or else I'll take the matter to her higher-ups. I regret the blow out and soon realised she's been instructed by her higher ups to constantly bombard people with service reminders.

I have had the car for close to 7 years now and everytime its gone for service I've never received service reminder calls only the calls to take my service feedback after its done. But since last my service at 86k in Nov the phone calls for the next service has been a constant irritant.
abs182 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 13:53   #99
Senior - BHPian

It is still at least once in 6 months! Just because the car isn't run doesn't mean that stuff doesn't continue to wear out. Oil changes for example will be needed reguiarly - 3..4 months for mineral, 6 months for semi synth, a full year is ok for a good quality fully synthetic oil like Shell Helix Ultra. Forget what the dealer claims, go by the service intervals defined in the user manual. It often says 6 months or XXXX kilometers, whichever comes first.
Old 2nd March 2017, 14:56   #100
BANNED

@hserus; If we assume the oil maker knows his oils a bit, and Honda engines are not made out of cardboard. Then starting from API-SF annual oil change is recommended by the oil companies. So I stick with the 12 month / 12,000km for all my cars which are out of warranty, irrespective of what type of oil, mineral, semi- or full synth I am using.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 14:57   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
My son has been using them regularly since both their cars (City AVN and Amaze VX) are being serviced by them. I did have a bad experience with these chaps. i had blown a fuse on my Civic driving from Kanpur to Gurugram. Firstly they did not have a fuse of rating, and they charged me a lot (they put in on my son's City, why I do not know) and charged me about ₹150 for it (fuse was₹81.91, incl about 50 for 'installation'. On the other hand after my return to Kanpur I got the 15A fuse from Pushp Honda for all of ₹21. Both had the printed prices on them, which were what I paid. Makes you wonder?
But then, why is it a surprise? Isn't it a given that consumables will always be more expensive (and labor costs added over them) while at an A.S.S. Be it Honda or otherwise.

I've been to both the workshops in Gurgaon (Sector 52 and 37); nothing to write home about but the work gets done.
Old 2nd March 2017, 15:10   #102
BANNED

Quote:
But then, why is it a surprise? Isn't it a given that consumables will always be more expensive (and labor costs added over them) while at an A.S.S. Be it Honda or otherwise.

I've been to both the workshops in Gurgaon (Sector 52 and 37); nothing to write home about but the work gets done.
Both were Honda ASS establishments, one in Gurugram and one in Kanpur! Both were ASS prices with Honda labels. Since I had installed the fuse on the way, and was only looking for a spare, no labour whatsoever was involved. Just some additional gravy for the crooks.
Old 16th March 2017, 14:55   #103
BHPian

Are there any Honda car owners from Chennai who can comment on the after sales service of Chennai Honda dealers? Which one would you consider the best ?
Old 16th March 2017, 20:23   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
Are there any Honda car owners from Chennai who can comment on the after sales service of Chennai Honda dealers? Which one would you consider the best ?
Sundaram Honda is by far the best but they are very far from me. Capital Honda in Perungudi and Meenambakkam (and Pondy) is fairly reasonable, just don't get additional services like body wash / interior shampoo done from them, they occasionally slip up on that.
Old 16th March 2017, 20:46   #105
BHPian

Thank you for the prompt reply. I actually skipped Sundaram because there was a thread specifically about their (bad) service. But that was an 2011 thread. Theu must have pulled up their socks now with more competition. I was considering Olympia and Mansarovar and Capital is far for me (Kilpauk).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks