Improvement Needed 33 17.37%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2013, 12:21   #46
BHPian

Re: Honda A. S. S. Experience - By Owners Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by areddy View Post
May be you should not completely go with my experience. A shrink friend recently was saying may be its me that is attracting bad karma!

On a more serious note, if we live in the IndiraNagar, White field area, looks like Whitefield honda is the only option? or there is one on Yeshwanthapur too!

Dealer : Akshara Motors Pvt.Ltd.
Address : Sy No 8, M.E.S road#70, Tumkur Road,Yeshwanthapur,Bangalore- 560 062
City : Bangalore
Email : servicemanager_yp@magnumhonda.com
Phone : 080-23575892/93
Fax : 080-23515890

Suggest you to try Dakshin Honda, Hosur Road. Do you mind going some extra kms to get that peace of mind, guess not , isnt it ? I have given them my Brio for 2 services and they have done a good job.
Although you might have to look after the finishing they do, their could some dust etc, but that's managable and they will clean it the moment its notified. Altogether it was as per my expectation, nothing to be delighted.

Thanks !
Old 13th February 2013, 14:03   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Suggest you to try Dakshin Honda, Hosur Road. Do you mind going some extra kms to get that peace of mind, guess not , isnt it ? I have given them my Brio for 2 services and they have done a good job.
Although you might have to look after the finishing they do, their could some dust etc, but that's managable and they will clean it the moment its notified. Altogether it was as per my expectation, nothing to be delighted.

Thanks !
Thanks Shiv. I definitely would not mind trying them and do not really care about an extra 50 kms every 3 months or so as long as they do a decent job. Any idea if they offer pick up and drop?
Old 13th February 2013, 14:20   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by areddy View Post
Thanks Shiv. I definitely would not mind trying them and do not really care about an extra 50 kms every 3 months or so as long as they do a decent job. Any idea if they offer pick up and drop?

They do at a cost. I have never tried that but they have even come upto my residence for fixing an issue(Free of cost) which i faced after gettting my car, but that i would attribute to the factor of my being car being brand new.

Give a try and post your exp here so that we can have a general impression.

Thanks !
Old 13th February 2013, 15:28   #49
BANNED

I must say I pleasantly surprised at the response, taking into account that a dissatisfied customer is far (say 5x) more likely to post that a satisfied one.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 13:50   #50
BHPian

A member of my family owns a 2009 honda city and I occasionally take care of the servicing.

The car's given no complaints so far - meaning the service center has not been really tested but I am absolutely satisfied with the service - even if it is a tad expensive when compared to other brands.

Rated excellent and outstanding.

Here are a couple of points.
1. I went a few hours late once. Not only did they follow up asking where I was but they even attended almost immediately to me during their lunch break.

2. Cleaning and washing quality was phenomenal. I even check the engine bay and everything was utterly spotless.

3. Delivery was always on time with multiple updates over the phone.

4. The service advisors were knowledgible and past laying out the options, didn't play salesmen. In fact, one of them went the extra mile to give me some details about some accessories even though that wasn't his job. He didn't just say "go there and ask".

5. Everyone I have met has been polite and courteous.

I get that car serviced at sundaram Honda, in Hyderabad
Old 27th March 2013, 12:15   #51
Senior - BHPian

I have been to a couple of Honda service centers, the 1st one (Solitaire) sucked big time and probably deserve to shut down. The Second was Linkway and it was reasonably good but they still managed to screw my perfectly functioning remote key.So all in all i have had a lousy experience with A.S.S from Honda and would recommend them only if people need to do regular stuff like oil change etc.For repairs avoid all A.S.S as they do not know how to do that and they believe only in replacement.This was told to me by their SA himself.

Expensive items like the power steering and racks etc in case of problems with same will be outsourced to third parties for repairs and the customer will be presented with a inflated bill.Better to give it to the third party/independent garage yourself as one would save a ton of money by doing same.

I have a Civic which i have chosen to maintain from Independent garages rather than waste my money on Honda's service centers.Of the two times i sent the car for service at Solitaire Honda never did they grease/oil the door joints even once.The bill on the 1st visit was ~ 3.5K and the second time it stood close to 30K but not even once did they do the door oiling.My car's doors were creaking for about a 1.5 years till last week i gave the car to service at my trusted garage.Oh and the bill was btw 1322 for oil and 1600 for the service.

My word of advice to any Honda owner if your car is out of warranty and the Honda service advisor decides to smooth talk you into doing something expensive for the car punch him in the face and get the hell out of there.In simple words use HASS only for routine work and get the repairs etc done from trusted garages.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 27th March 2013 at 12:29.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 12:21   #52
BHPian

Anothor good experience at Dakshin Honda. I went for a general check up before our Munnar trip. There was a minor rattle coming from dashboard. The service associate tells me to write down the request as a rattling sound instead of general check up and i can save 1100 odd bucks and they will get both the jobs done for me at free of cost considering the rattling as a post service complaint.

Now that was a nice gesture indeed. Well Done !!

That was not the end. They call me after a week and follow up if the car behaved fine. I love Honda and this is one of the reasons why i think so.

Last edited by Shiv_1984 : 27th March 2013 at 12:23.
Old 27th March 2013, 14:47   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
My car's doors were creaking for about a 1.5 years till last week i gave the car to service at my trusted garage.Oh and the bill was btw 1322 for oil and 1600 for the service.
Which is that trusted garage?
Old 4th April 2013, 22:35   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post

Which is that trusted garage?
I go to joe's garage ,nakita motors at bandra.You can look him up in the team bhp directory.Joe' s a great and honest guy and also technically sound.His garage is tiny and doesn't have hi-tech equipment like obd scanners but his team make up by sheer skill and competency.
Old 29th April 2013, 12:13   #55
BHPian

I have been getting my ANHC serviced at Linkway Honda Only, Chandivili, Mumbai for the past 18 months now. Never had a problem dealing with them. Very very professional and courteous. They always remind you of your service due dates. They pick up and drop your car too if you are nearby )unlike Hyundai who have started charging 150 each way). The SA call me promptly and gives me a patient hear on any issues.

Overall, I am very very happy with Linkway Honda
Old 3rd September 2013, 16:48   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post

That was not the end. They call me after a week and follow up if the car behaved fine. I love Honda and this is one of the reasons why i think so.
Wow. My experience is completely different. I bought my Civic from Dakshin Honda in 2010 and after the initial few months, they never ever called me for paid service reminders. On top of that they demand Rs. 450 for pickup and drop service when we call them for a service appointment. In comparison, we have a 12 year old Santro, which is still followed up regularly by Trident Hyundai for servicing and they still provide free pickup and drop as a courtesy.
Old 3rd September 2013, 16:59   #57
BHPian

We have been having our ANHC(2011 Model) at Apex Honda( at their Kurla Service Center). The staff there is very professional and genuine. We are really happy with the quality of customer service offered. The car is always ready and delivered at home in the assured time. Also the pick up and drop service is super convenient. Their insurance policy staff is also good and accident claim service is top notch.
My only grouse is the high cost of Honda services as compared to others.
Old 3rd September 2013, 17:50   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post

Wow. My experience is completely different. I bought my Civic from Dakshin Honda in 2010 and after the initial few months, they never ever called me for paid service reminders. On top of that they demand Rs. 450 for pickup and drop service when we call them for a service appointment. In comparison, we have a 12 year old Santro, which is still followed up regularly by Trident Hyundai for servicing and they still provide free pickup and drop as a courtesy.
Yes. Dakshin Honda is useless ! I drive all the way to mangalore to get my car serviced at Penninsular Honda.
Old 26th October 2013, 14:43   #59
BHPian

Having owned various marutis and a tata car scince 1996 , I found the honda servies satisfactory for my amaze . My only problem is accesories cannot be purchased at the service centre . Only at the dealers place . Never like that with marutis . I wanted to buy seat covers at honda service centre they told me to go to the dealer .
Old 26th July 2014, 08:38   #60
BHPian

I had renewed my Honda assure insurance from Whitefield Honda last year. Recently I changed to normal insurance and purchased it online and claimed NCB. This is where I started to unearth a lot of dirty things:

1. Whitefield motors (who is also the insurance dealer) had issued the policy against my payment. The payment was not never remitted to the actual insurance provider (Royal sundaram)
2. So Royal Sundaram had actually cancelled the policy! So without knowing I was on the road roaming without any insurance
3. Here is the best part of the scam - Whitefield aggressively pursued me to renew my policy with them. At one point I had even agreed and but they were saying things like the policy document will contain higher amount but you need to pay us lower amount. My policy was expiring over a weekend and they said they will renew it coming Monday and I was not comfortable to have my vehicle without insurance even for a single day!

All this came to my notice, when my new insurance provider wrote to Royal Sundaram to verify my NCB claim. Anyways after a lot of back and forth, they agreed to sort it out and now it is all clear.

I feel that this is systematic fraud rather than something that is a genuine mistake. Suggest that people buy it from online sources directly than go through the dealers.

This is my second type of incidence with Whitefield Honda. They dented my new Honda Jazz both the times I gave it for insurance and now they had messed with my insurance, which I realised too late but thank god there was no accident during that period.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks