Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 10:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda A. S. S. Experience - By Owners Only

Hi

I was going through the thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ers-speak.html

and felt there is a lot of information in that thread and can be replicated for other manufacturers as well. This way we will have our own survey that will give a fair bit of idea about where each manufacturer stands vis a vis their customers' satisfaction.

So, i am also shamelessly copying the poll from the Fiat thread as well so that we have a common ground for comparison:

Excellent & Outstanding - Perfect on time execution, very knowledgeable, strong skills & competencies, Rated high on both quality of work and end results.

Exceeds Your Expectation - Exceeds expectations significantly and consistently everytime. Proactive in getting things checked and fixed.

Meets Your Expectation - Knowledgeable in essential skills. All services and repairs are fixed to your expectations. On time delivery.

Below Your Expectation - Not being treated on priority, Demonstrates average skills/ knowledge in most of the essential tasks. Needs continuous and close supervision from your end.

Improvement Needed - Quality of work has been consistently falling short of requirements. Not satisfied with overall experience.

For this poll to be successful, and have some meaning, its important that only people who have had first hand experience of Honda A.S.S. vote.

Last edited by amitoj : 20th April 2010 at 10:42.
Old 20th April 2010, 10:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

I'll kick off with mine.

My experience with Dakshin Honda was average till beginning of this year. All that changed when i had to send my car for accident repair. The Service Adviser in charge of the car initially came up with a huge estimate, which had to be brought down to realistic levels with the help of some of my friends who knew more about cars than the SA.
That apart, i was quite impressed by the timely delivery of the vehicle. In spite of the car being nearly ten years old, there was no delay due to any parts unavailability. The SA kept me informed regularly about the status of the car and insurance as well. Best part was where i pushed him to give the 2 days before his original estimate and he managed to do just that.
So, i would put my experience as Exceeds Expectations.
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2010, 10:53   #3
BHPian

I have a NHC bought in 2007 from Riverside Honda in Kolhapur. I am very satisfied with dealer. Right from delivery till date there has been not a single issue. These guys sure know how to give service to client. For past 2 years I am staying in Pune, but when I have to service the car I still prefer to do it in Kolhapur !!!! such are the satisfaction levels.
Old 20th April 2010, 10:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

I am visiting Olympia Honda this Saturday for my Civic's 1st service. Hoping to get some decent service. Will vote post that.
Old 20th April 2010, 10:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

Haven't the moderators already done this and put up the results in the test drives section?
Old 20th April 2010, 11:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Haven't the moderators already done this and put up the results in the test drives section?
They have? Cool. Can you post the link?
Old 20th April 2010, 14:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

I mean if you see the test drive section for any car, they have a section that tells you how BHPians rated the manufacturer's A.S.S. Anyway, this thread will elaborate the owners' reports on A.S.S. I guess
Old 9th October 2010, 14:44   #8
BHPian

Olympia Honda Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I am visiting Olympia Honda this Saturday for my Civic's 1st service. Hoping to get some decent service. Will vote post that.
Hi rr_zen,
I have bought an ANHC from Olympia Honda last month and the first service is due this month.
How was your experience with them during the first service?
Do you continue to go there even now?
Is there any specific contact point for getting better service?
I am very particular about this and your suggestions would be helpful.
By the way, I did read your buying experience for the Civic and in fact I too had gone through the similar experience, except for:
1) I did visit Sundaram Honda, but with no expectations and was not disappointed
2) I bought and ANHC
You can read my initial use report in the thread "Welcome Home Lady in Red"

HC
Old 9th October 2010, 17:40   #9
BHPian

Amitoj,

Nice subject to start, it was required actually, good you started.

i bought my car from Dakshin Honda. I would start from the kind of sales guy Honda dealership appoint. They dont have good knowledge about the car they sell. During the very long test drive, the sales guy never gave answers for many of my questions. I did help myself on what i wanted.

Secondly, I have got the service and the paint jobs done both at Dakshin and Magnum. There is a lot left to be desired from both the dealerships. I always feel that they are busy giving estimates for service and other running repairs.

Only once i was satisfied with a guy named Shetty at Magnum Honda. This guy was referred to me by Skywalker. This guy is good though he had erred in the paint job. I had got my door replaced. After the job was done, the shade did not match with the rest of the body shade. I was checking his reaction when i pointed this out. He was very sorry about it.Never thought for a second in asking the car back for rework. He never even tried to convince. He accepted the paint job was bad. The second time , he has done a mind blowing job. One cant say the replaced door is a reworked one if seen from out side.

We do get few good guys, but we need to be quite lucky. See the irony in the same dealership, while shetty is very good at work, there is a guy by name Praveen in service. This guy is a total mess. He is always in his own world. Always on the cell phone talking to his friends and writing the jobcard.

Honda has to rework and train all the dealership to work in tandem with buyers.

Dakshin honda took 3 weeks to replace the faulty wheel jack which came with my car, knowing fully that i had to use the car without a jack ! Luckily i have other options of travelling, what about guys who dont have. They are left to drive without a jack. No one was bothered at the Dakshin. Instead doing the replacement fast, they were suggesting i buy one instead of waiting.

A lot is left to be desired, a lot !

Last edited by nandans2005 : 9th October 2010 at 17:47.
Old 9th October 2010, 18:33   #10
BHPian

I have finished 4 services till date with my ANHC.
Althougth not faced any major issues with the car, but always had the below issues with the A.S.S everytime the car went for service:
The SA never gets to understand the simple issues reported like the gear change being hard in the mornings (a common issue being reported in the forum). Rubs it off saying that he has not faced it while the vehicle was in the workshop.
Not at all happy with the cleaning of the vehicle. Can see enough stains, not just inside of the car but on the outside too, including the OVRMs. Can even feel the dust on the Dash, so much for Vacuuming.
The feedback taken by Honda/Dealer post service is more of a process than a guninine attempt to improve the customer satisfaction.

Well my friend had a horrundous experience with his ANHC. There was some noise (very feeble though not at all audible unless you really try to carefully listen to it) that was coming when the system was started and not in motion. He had to travel to his native and hence he taught of getting it checked as a precaution. Took it to the service station in the morning and was told by the SA that they will get back in coupple of hours after investigating it. Till afternoon, no call received, hence when my friend called back, the usual response, that they are still looking into it. As he was planning to drive down that night, he went to the Service station by 3:00 pm to see that it was still being attended to and that they could not point out what the issue is.
On this my friend asked them to give the car back and that he would give it back for service once he would be back from his travel. To this the SA refused to give the car saying that since the problem was not identified, it would be dangerous to give the car in that state back to the customer. On being asked when and how would they solve the issue as they had no clue even after looking into it till now, the response was that they would contact Honda directly and get it rectified. But this would be possible after 4 days as Honda was off during that time. Well my friend then requested them not to have this booked as a official service nor a report issued but just return the car. The SA said that since the in-gate pass was done, the security would not allow the car to be taken out and no way was the SA going to give an out-gatepass till the issue was found. Unfortunaltey my friend had to travel to native that very night and hence left the issue as is and made some alternate quick arrangements and left.
After 5 days when he came back, he was more than astonished that were still not able to identify the problem with help from Honda. On putting presurre that he would call Honda and talk to them about this incident, that started to talk to him and asked him what Fuel he was using. My friend said that he uses Shell Unleaded regularly, but the last fill was Shell Super. Believe it or not, they came back to him after couple of hours stating that they had cleared the fuel tank and re-filled with normal petrol and that the issue is solved. On hearing this my friend blew the top of the SA stating how would this be the cause? and why would they take 5-6 days to find out the issue. Then they said that they will have to keep the car for couple of days for observation. Again my friend had to tell them that he would call Honda and give this feedback on which the SA told that he would send the car the next morning itself. The car came the next morning, but guess what the whole of the car was stinking with petrol. He was not sure from where it was coming, and on close observation he noticed that the boot carpet was completely soaked in petrol and the same had spilled over till the back seat carpet. On questioning the service personal who had come to hand the car back, he revealed that maybe some cans might have leaked that was used to carry petrol. But why carry petrol cans in a customers' car???? Well this was reported at all levels from the dealer to Honda, but no luck other than just getting the car cleaned, vacuumed and sprayed with some freshner. Well so much for a Honda dealer experience.
Old 10th October 2010, 00:15   #11
BHPian

Hello,

I stay in Chandigarh and own a NHC ZX 2006 done 42k KM. I bought the car from Prestige Honda (Lally Motors) and got it serviced regularly after around 4-5 months, which would be less than 5000 KM. I remember early on the service was a pleasant experience. The SA would spend time to note the problems and check everything himself on arrival. Sometimes he used to say there is squeaking door and needs to be greased etc. which even i could not hear (being used to M800 rattles)!
But over the years service quality has really gone in for a toss. Even after taking appointment one has to wait for atleast 20-30 minutes before a SA attends to the car. When he comes he quickly asks what mileage is, and runs a less than one minute check of the car like his behind is on fire. Hardly has a minute to listen to problems and tries to brush everything as ' normal with the age of car '. Even the washing is not good and god knows what goes on behind the closed service area. Waiting time is long even for bill preparation.

I guess the main problem is the area of the workshop is the same whereas number of cars has grown manyfold. They are churning out cars like anything and they dont have proper time for doing good work. They need a LOT more service space and staff and i dont know why the Dealer and Honda does not realise this ?

Having had multiple frustrating experiences there i thought of visiting the other Honda Dealer in the city, Harmony Honda (Joshi Automobiles). This one is newer but does not have as good a reputation as Prestige Honda does (or did). Went there for my last service in June and understood why its reputation is not good.

I was very curteously greeted by two people one of whom was the SA. He asked me some basic information and gave me an estimate, didnt even look inside the car till this time! I said i wanted wheel rotation to be done along with balancing and alignment. He asked if i wanted 4 or 5 wheel rotation and i said 4 wheel. He said that work will start on my car soon and i went to the customer lounge. Just then got a call from work, had to leave immediately (i usually stay at the workshop). So i told the SA to have it ready by 6pm.

Was thoroughly exhausted from work when i went to take delivery of the vehicle. The SA said he has the car ready and polishing was going on,asked me to settle the bill by the time it was done. I went to the counter to pay and then returned to find the SA was not there. I was told he had to leave for some urgent work all of a sudden. I was pointed in the direction and told to collect my car !! I went there and was waiting for someone to remove the magnetic box they put on top and remove another car parked next to it. Noone came. I was too tired and asked a mechanic to remove the other car, and drove out myself in disgust!

Was too tired to fight and did not even realise what they had done. Woke up next morning to find the driver seat headrest had been removed and was kept at the back seat. Took a lot of struggle to put it back. The wheels had not been rotated despite my mentioning it clearly to the SA.. What he didnt know was i had marked the wheels and they were in the same position. If they hadnt bothered about these easily observable things god knows what they did about internals like engine oil etc. My dad did not know about all this, he recieved the feedback call and gave good feedback ! I wrote to the owners email address but got no reply...

Dont know whether to go to Prestige or Harmony for next service. It is a choice of deciding who is the lesser evil.

Any inputs by people on which one is better than the other? Or if anyone knows of a reliable independent mechanic or garage in Chandigarh/Panchkula/Mohali.
I am even willing to go to nearby cities like Ludhiana, Patiala etc if there is a good Honda dealer anywhere.

Will appreciate any thoughts and comments.

Last edited by guptavis : 10th October 2010 at 00:18. Reason: formatting
Old 29th November 2010, 22:42   #12

More Nos of votes needed

Guys.. only 20 voters to this Poll . More Honda owners should give Vote so as real picture comes clear
Old 30th November 2010, 10:20   #13
BHPian

Have an Accord and Civic voted for improvement needed had a very bad experience with Accord sales and now A.S.S
Old 30th November 2010, 15:44   #14
BHPian

I service our ANHC at Deccan Honda, Pune and it the A.S.S. has always exceeded my expectation. You are attended in time. Everything is explained to you before servicing and you get a feedback call on which prompt action is taken. I recently repainted the driver door and was not happy with the paint matching. I expressed my dissapointment in the feedback. I got a call almost immediately from my service advisor and got 2 times free polishing for the door.
Old 30th November 2010, 16:01   #15
BANNED

I have had my Civic serviced by both Pushp Honda, Kanpur and Heritage Honda, Gwalior. Both have exceeded my expectations. The only reason I have not given a Excellent rating is that both have not been able to keep to the time of delivery specified.

When compared to Maruti and Hyundai Honda service is on a totally different plane.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks