Exceeds Expectations 34 19.10%
Meets Expectations 71 39.89%
Below Your Expectations 41 23.03%
Improvement Needed 18 10.11%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 19:52   #46
Senior - BHPian

I have only dealt with Mukesh hyundai body shop on jessore Rd (which is basically one branch of their A.S.S service, plus their yard), and I can mark them as above average.

Where they need to improve is while wiping dry the car after washing, they use cheap quality cotton rags, and that leaves scratches / waterspots. Also they seem to be overburdened at all times, so need to choose my timespot wisely.

what I like: Good SA, I can go anywhere in the service area, moderate turn around time, good quality stuff used in cleaning and detailing (all 3M), good detailing (vacuum + seats cleaned+ dashboard cleaned + all pupose cleaner for interior door panels + tire dressing), good paint job (impossible to tell that few of my panels are repainted), and they also try to accomodate few out of the line requests (like cleaning my alloys with paint thinner to rub out brake dust etc.)
Old 21st April 2010, 12:29   #47
BHPian

My experience with Sanjay Hyundai in Pune has been good so far. They have been prompt in reminding, pickups and drops have been on time. They have made recommendations of additional things which should be done without nagging. They also identified an issue proactively and fixed it. This was all expected from a car dealer and hence I have marked them as "meets expectations"
Old 21st April 2010, 13:12   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
The kind of customer service extended by Hyundai is pathetic at least at the HMP, Chennai. They virtually act like robots and not humans. They absolutely don't have any quality policy nor worried about the customer service.
All HMP outlets are company owned and operated is it ?! I have read so many complaints against them too. So i think HMP has the most negative reputation amongst Hyundai A.S.S Outlets.
Old 21st April 2010, 13:45   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAutobot View Post
My experience with Sanjay Hyundai in Pune has been good so far. They have been prompt in reminding, pickups and drops have been on time. They have made recommendations of additional things which should be done without nagging. They also identified an issue proactively and fixed it. This was all expected from a car dealer and hence I have marked them as "meets expectations"
Mine was a mixed bag. The car is smooth to drive but i doubt if they do any cleaning except an exterior wash. Also tyre rotation and wheel balancing isnt done. My car runs on 3 continental and 1 pirelli. Keeps coming back the way the tyres are positioned. On top of that, they have the guts to ask me to come to Bhosari workshop and they will get it done for me! Thats 30kms from where i stay.
Old 21st April 2010, 14:06   #50
BHPian

Both my previous Santro and my present Verna is being serviced by Kun Hyundai Ambattur workshop. The service is very good also they are able to rectify problems in one go. My Verna is relatively new and in free service period hence not much can be said. My experience with them is more from the Santro perspective. The only issue I feel is that there charges are very high. My Santro which had done hardly 15K kms was charged 3.5K for a general service with not much work done expect the regular, fluids and all.
Old 21st April 2010, 14:27   #51
Senior - BHPian

I have owned a Xing for over 3 years now and have had no qualms with either the Car or the Hyundai Service station.

I happened to service my car from both Advaith and Trident since I know many people from either outlets and have always met my exepectation if not exceeded at times.

We all Hyundai Owners agree on one fact that no matter which Variant, Hyundai cars & their parts are built to last pretty long, more often than not they do.

As Far as the After Sales Service and part reliability goes, "PERSONALLY(IMO)" I feel Hyundai are Miles ahead of Suzuki's and Tata's, which I know since couple of my uncles have each owned a Tata and Suzuki!!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 21st April 2010 at 14:29.
Old 21st April 2010, 15:29   #52
BHPian

Have owned a Santro for around 5 years and found that it varies in Kerala. KTC at Thrissur is quite bad, but found MGF and Popular in Kochi to be very good.

One of my friends claims to have drained oil from his car just out of a service including oil change from KTC here and found that it was dirty old oil!! He didnt take it up with the company and simply fled to the next good dealer.
Old 21st April 2010, 16:23   #53
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I have owned a Xing for over 3 years now and have had no qualms with either the Car or the Hyundai Service station.

I happened to service my car from both Advaith and Trident since I know many people from either outlets and have always met my exepectation if not exceeded at times.

We all Hyundai Owners agree on one fact that no matter which Variant, Hyundai cars & their parts are built to last pretty long, more often than not they do.

As Far as the After Sales Service and part reliability goes, "PERSONALLY(IMO)" I feel Hyundai are Miles ahead of Suzuki's and Tata's, which I know since couple of my uncles have each owned a Tata and Suzuki!!
Experiences will surely vary based on the dealer and what we are expecting. IMO hyundai is one brand that has proven it BIG time- that they LISTEN to the customer. They have given up on making cars that appeal more to the enthusiastic driver and not focused on ride handling,dynamics,steering feedback etc instead looked at what the average buyer needs, which is strongly built cars with good interiors and backed by proper service and spares availability and those which are best to drive in cities. Added to that affordable maintenance. I always feel their cars are 10-15% higher priced tho
Due credit to them in taking the lead in any segment and redefining it with the Santro being the first in the "tall boy" design, the getz bringing a 5lacs hatch, the i20 redefining the premium hatch segment.
Old 21st April 2010, 16:32   #54
BANNED

I have been dealing with Khanna Hyundai in Kanpur since I bought my Accent (now sold) in 2002. I have always found them competent and courteous. I had occasion to use Royal Hyundai at Gwalior. They too were very nice about it.
Old 21st April 2010, 17:36   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Due credit to them in taking the lead in any segment and redefining it with the Santro being the first in the "tall boy" design, the getz bringing a 5lacs hatch, the i20 redefining the premium hatch segment.
This sounds bit too far fetched.

What's so special about "Tall boy" design? When Santro was launched, there were quite competent cars such cute looking Matiz (went bust with Daewoo), hot hatch Palio (notorious F-story) and Indica. And, Wagon-R soon entered the market. Santro was successful since it was all-rounder (decent FE, reliable, good a/s/s support).

Getz came in way too late after Palio and Corsa Sail (anyone remembers this one?).

Though it's a competent hatch, There is nothing "redefining" about i20. Every other premium hatch has similar features.

Hyundai provides good alternative to Maruti Suzuki, since it offers similar value to Indian customers i.e. FE, reliability, A/S/S.
Old 21st April 2010, 17:48   #56
Senior - BHPian

@RX135, I'm sure you are expressing your view based on some valuable experience. But we both have to agree with @mkh since Santro was the Hatch that quite literally Coined the Tall-Boy feature among hatches!!

Yes I totally agree with you when you feel that tall-boy(with high center of gravity) is not somthing that a petro head like us would brag about. But Hyundai targeted daily indian commuters who did not want Oil stains on the car roof

The Refinement with both Engine and Features, quite frankly, Maruti can never even get close to being an alternative to Hyundai. Hyundai's in a different League buddy IMO!!!
Old 21st April 2010, 17:50   #57
Senior - BHPian

Biggest credit goes to Hyundai for forcing Maruti to give up the dated carb engines and give us MPFI engines.
Even now, Hyundai is the only one to provide an AT in the sub 5 lakh hatchback segment.

I think it was Hyundai that made Maruti sit up and take the indian consumer a bit more seriously.

Last edited by amitoj : 21st April 2010 at 17:51.
Old 21st April 2010, 18:09   #58
BHPian

I had a bad experience with MGF Hyundai, I've tried all the three service centers of MGF including the one in Cochin, none of them could fix the problem.
Old 21st April 2010, 19:05   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Though it's a competent hatch, There is nothing "redefining" about i20. Every other premium hatch has similar features.
Can you show me one hatchback in India which offers 6 airbags this side of 10L? I very well know that safety is one factor which almost never influence a buying decision in India. But, kudos to Hyundai for giving it a try.
Old 21st April 2010, 23:53   #60
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
This sounds bit too far fetched.

What's so special about "Tall boy" design? When Santro was launched, there were quite competent cars such cute looking Matiz (went bust with Daewoo), hot hatch Palio (notorious F-story) and Indica. And, Wagon-R soon entered the market. Santro was successful since it was all-rounder (decent FE, reliable, good a/s/s support).

Getz came in way too late after Palio and Corsa Sail (anyone remembers this one?).

Hyundai provides good alternative to Maruti Suzuki, since it offers similar value to Indian customers i.e. FE, reliability, A/S/S.
Did i mention anything special about the tall boy design? I think not- all i am saying is that hyundai took risks in each segment, and it paid off for them. Mainly because they listened to what customers (generally) wanted. Your are right that they offered a choice over maruti with better quality of products.
As for your comment on the i20, there is nothing redefining, well i find it funny you say that, it has set the benchmark for all launches in this segment. It is the segment leader, whatever said and thats what matters to the seller.
Though you are expressing your views, i suggest you can word them a little better to avoid them appearing as confronting, just take it in the right way pal and don't turn a thread into an argument

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks