Meets Expectations 71 39.89%
Below Your Expectations 41 23.03%
Improvement Needed 18 10.11%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2010, 04:01   #91
BHPian

Re: Hyundai A. S. S. Experience - By Owners Only

I have been dealing with Kun Hyundai(Ambathur branch) since I bought my Santro (now sold) in 2005. I have always found them competent and courteous. They were very professional and i haven't found in any instance of them trying to milk me.
They were excellent and outstanding
Old 25th December 2010, 16:24   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Do you remember the charges? And do they give enough attention to detail to get rid of all the shoe marks and stuff from the panels and dirt on the door pads? My requirement is that I need to have the original colour restored and all dirt marks gone. If these guys are not going to satisfy that requirement then I dont mind paying for it outside.
What about AC blower cleaning?
Charge I guess it was 700, they remove all dirt marks.

Color restoration I am not sure as color fading cannot be restored.
Old 17th March 2011, 17:37   #93
BHPian

Hello guys,

I am a novice in the A.S.S of the vehicles.I recently bought a Hyundai i10 Magna 1.2. In April it is due for the first 2 months free service.
Can you guys let me know the procedure for the same.How much time do they usually take?Is the car washed?Or what other activities are done?Do I have to pay any money to them for the same? Thanks
Old 17th March 2011, 19:39   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy999 View Post
Hello guys,

I am a novice in the A.S.S of the vehicles.I recently bought a Hyundai i10 Magna 1.2. In April it is due for the first 2 months free service.
Can you guys let me know the procedure for the same.How much time do they usually take?Is the car washed?Or what other activities are done?Do I have to pay any money to them for the same? Thanks

Congrats on your purchase of the I10 Magna. I too purchased the I10 Magna 1.2 in December and have been very satisfied with the product.

As far as the first service is concerned, Hyundai does not change the oil at the first service. The service centre basically merely inspects the car and washes the vehicle. Here in Goa, they did not charge me a single rupee for the service.

By the way, the I10 Magna does not have:

1. Intermittent wiping
2. Luggage lamp
3. All 4 door stop switches.

But have no fear. These can easily be installed on the Magna, as I have done so in my I10 Magna. If you want, refer to my thread on my ownership experience, fuel economy, modifications, etc. at:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2181271

All the very best in your ownership of the I10 and may you have many, many pleasant and eventful moments on your wheels.

Melvyn
Old 17th March 2011, 20:20   #95
BHPian

Hi Misquitas thanks for the prompt reply. I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts on the modifications that you have made. Could you please tell me what checks are to be made on the car on a daily/monthly basis apart from the fuel and tyre pressure.
Thanks
Old 18th March 2011, 22:42   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy999 View Post
Hi Misquitas thanks for the prompt reply. I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts on the modifications that you have made. Could you please tell me what checks are to be made on the car on a daily/monthly basis apart from the fuel and tyre pressure.
Thanks
Thanks for your interest in my experiences of the I10. To be honest, I have not made any checks on the car, other than the tyre and battery checks. Reason? My I10 got its first free service on January and went for a free check-up camp earlier this month. So far, the I10 is running in perfect condition.

For your benefit, do conduct a fuel efficiency test on your I10 using the auto cut-off technique. I assume you know how it's done. If not, let me know and I'll post the procedure. I have been regularly conducting the FE tests on my I10 and the results have been encouraging so far -- 18.7 kmpl, 18.4 kmpl, 17.4 kmpl and 17.5 kmpl.

Melvyn
Old 25th April 2011, 20:50   #97
BHPian

Hello fellas,

Just been to the Hyundai Motor Plaza Workshop for the First free service today.
The experience was as follows:

1. Found out the place on google maps and was pretty easy to locate after taking appointment 15 days prior.
2. On reaching the place came across a huge queue. The staff was co-ordinating events properly and I gave away the keys after waiting for some 10 mins.
3. The job sheet was promptly filled with the existing scratches,dents etc.
4. As promised the vehicle was taken and washed,dried in 2 hours since it was happy hours at 12 in the afternoon.
5. Brought back the vehicle.

Observations:
The staff was courteous and things done in properly.However the drivers seats have got some amount of dirt/grease on them which I am not happy about.Wondering how to get rid of them.Overall a good experience.
Old 3rd June 2011, 19:04   #98
BHPian

Here is my 2 cents on Hyundai A.S.S.

I have a 6 year old (45K km) Santro Xing.
I bought it from Advaith Hyundai Bangalore and have always used Hyundai A.S.S until now.

Ratings:
> technical capabilities - 5/5
> attention to detail - 3.5/5 (mostly depends on the supervisor who handled the call sheet - esp quality of body cleaning varies wildly)
> other A.S.S experience (reception, customer care handling, quickness etc) - 4/5
> cost - 1/5 (can I give 0/5??)

I have a HUGE problem with the way they (over) charge.
Regular periodic service bill comes to 3K+ and unlike newer cars I have a Hyundai prescribed 6 month / 5K km cycle

I sometimes envy my friends who bought Maruti cars around same time - they get typically between 1500~2000 even now!!!

Add to that - in early days (read: before T-BHP) - I was smooth-talked into things like engine lacquering etc etc - which on occasions pulled the bill to 7~8K also
Old 26th September 2013, 21:08   #99
BHPian

I had taken delivery of a Hyundai I-20 from Express Hyundai, OMR, Chennai. As far as the sales was concerned, it was good and smooth. Funny thing was I told them another dealer was giving me an 10k additional discount to whatever they were offering (express hyundai) and the sales rep talked to his supervisor and immediately gave a 15k discount, at that point I knew their sales figure was not on the high side and bargained for more.

Now to the service experience, DO NOT GET YOUR SERVICE DONE AT EXPRESS HYUNDAI ON OMR. My car went for it's first free service. I had opted for their pick up & drop service. They took the vehicle from my house at around 9am. Now my house is roughly +-10kms from their service station. Got the car back at around 7pm. To my horror, the car's interior was filled with dirt marks, grease marks and worst of all, pen marks on 3 out 4 door pads. I was furious. Hyundai called me the next day regarding feedback and told them the situation. Within 2hrs since I spoke to Hyundai, Express Hyundai called me and told them that they would clean the car once again. Told them I didn't want them to do anything, hung the phone and got the car cleaned at a trusted place.

Next day, the service manager at Express called and literally begged to give the car for interior cleaning as they had been getting a lot of pressure from Hyundai due to the bad rating and remarks I had given.

Since the car was clean, told Express to collect the car in the following week. Again used the pick up & drop service. Told the service representative to deliver the car before 2pm (car picked up at 9am). It was 1:45am and no calls from Express so called them up and asked what had happened. They told car would take more time, now I don't know how long interior cleaning takes but this was too much. Blasted at them and told if the car is not delivered by 2:30pm I'll launch a another complaint with Hyundai. Car was then delivered at 2:20pm, interior was looking good as a steam wash was done but they again spoilt the outer body which was clean before they took it from my house. Since it wasn't too bad I left it, talked to the service rep and told him I was disappointed with the overall service and yet he begged me to give him a rating of 9 or above out of 10. he promised me that the next service would exceed my expectations. Ended up giving them a 8/10 rating. Promised myself never to get to serviced from them again
prithviq8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 02:12   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithviq8 View Post
DO NOT GET YOUR SERVICE DONE AT EXPRESS HYUNDAI ON OMR.
Yes, perfectly agree...never ever go to Express Hyundai. I had more than one bad experiences. One time my car had some problem with AC....These fellows really took me for ride...The bill was 9K ....Later when I checked with KUN Hyundai they quoted only approximately....4.5K(labor + spare).

Later I had some problem with seat belt (which I always use). Since some strike was going on in Mobis (Supplier of Hyundai spares) at that time, the part was unavailable anywhere, including Express Hyundai. At last I found the same in HMP, but before sales they told, they are not able to fit on that day because it was the delivery time (5PM). I purchased the same (with bill) , so that I can fit in Express Hyundai (paying their service charges), which is near to my office. But those fellows plainly refused to fit it...arguing that its an outside spare and its a taboo for. But I shown them the genuine Hyundai sealed pack and the bill - pleaded with the so called duty managers many times...even I called their service manager (Mr. Ravikanth) over phone.... my difficulty in driving without seat belt and going back to HMP again. They never listened to me...I had to go back all the way back to HMP to fit it.....

That day I stopped all the dealings with Express Hyundai. Either good or bad, I never will have any business with those .

After that I only gone to HMP (both Ekkattuthangal & Alandur), where the service advisers are very polite and the bills are reasonable. Only issue is that you have to wait for at least 15 -20 days for a service.
Old 13th January 2014, 17:31   #101
BHPian

Any suggestions for a good Hyundai Service center near T-Nagar preferably? I stay close to the Hyundai Service Center (Reliance Hyundai) on Venkatnarayana Road / Kannadasan Road corner, wanted to check if any one has any feedback on them?
Old 4th April 2016, 14:23   #102
BHPian

Anyone with feedback with V3 Hyundai? Are they competant, have booked my car with them and their service centre is the closest to my house.
Old 6th April 2016, 17:35   #103
Senior - BHPian

Advaith Hyundai roadside assistance is simply unbelievable around Cantonment area. I'd called out to them Twice for discharged battery issue and both times they were there in minutes. Big shout out to the guys, and so friendly and nice too!

My next car will be a Hyundai for sure.

Guys, The Eon was under two years roadside assistance which will expire soon, any idea how much this would cost if I have to extend it to two more years?
Old 21st April 2016, 15:31   #104
BHPian

Any recommendations for a good Hyundai Authorised Service Centre in Mumbai? I purchased my vehicle from Pramukh Hyundai, and purely based on my dealer experience and the things I've read about their service centre (erstwhile Jayabharat Hyundai) I'm definitely not taking my car to them.

I got my first service at Jaya Auto, Mahalaxmi but they are essentially a road-side garage (yet a Hyundai A.S.S.) so I'm not sure about giving them the car for the 2nd service. It seems Hyundai Motor Plaza has also shut down?
Old 17th August 2016, 15:55   #105

Dear members,

I would like to share my experience of resolving my Axle noise problem in my beloved Hyundai Verna diesel (2012). This post is going to be a long one as it covers my diagnosis journey as well as my pathetic experience at Sharayu H.A.S.S, Navi Mumbai.

The problem
Turn the steering to extreme right and turn at dead speed. Crackling sound from right, around the wheels. Do the same for the left side -> Same sound from the RIGHT side only.

Diagnosis
  1. Self study on Team BHP
    This single step helped me immensely. After reading through a couple of threads, I was quite sure that the problem is with my RHS drive shaft.
  2. Inspection at Reliance Autozone.
    I work in Reliance Corporate Park, Navi Mumbai so I had this option to visit on-campus Reliance Autozone, which is practically a service center in itself. The advisor took a quick TD, immediately concluded it is RH axle problem and advised me to take it to Hyundai A.S.S. because parts are not available easily outside.
  3. Inspection at a local mechanic to take a look underneath.
    The mechanic took a quick TD and concluded RH axle problem. I insisted on lifting the car and upon lifting we saw grease on one of the axle boots. This is a clear indication of drive shaft problem. Offered me to get it REPAIRED instead of replacement but I wanted replacement.
  4. Calling up Shetty Motors
    RH axle was not available upfront. Could be made available in about 5 days for about 11.5K
  5. Got reference of a FNG from Team-BHP directory. Visited that, which also happens to be Bosch authorised S.S. Same diagnosis but the SA advised to repair. Advised that repaired axles also last long. Replacement was also possible with a delay of about 4 days for arranging the part for about 9K. Now the fact is that at least the bearing inside the drive shaft would need replacement in case of repair. Also, the axle would have to be taken to a place where axles are repaired. Considering that Hyundai parts are not available outside and that the relevant thread on Team-BHP advised to go for replacement, I decided to go for replacement.
  6. Visiting Sharayu Hyundai A.S.S, Navi Mumbai.
    More details below.
The bitter experience at Sharayu Hyundai
I first went on 12th Aug'16. The service advisor took a quick TD. Also noticed that my clutch is quite hard, which it surely is. He gave me an estimate of 54K (Picture attached) It included Clutch, Suspension and Steering but had no mention of axle! Had I gone for this, I would have spent such a huge amount without even having my problem solved. Now, I know my driving style and based on one principle my dad taught me while teaching me driving, my last Santro lasted about 90K without ANY repairs done to the clutch. Could have done more but I sold it off. For those who are curious about the principle, it is a very simple one: As soon as the car starts moving, release the clutch immediately and fully to minimise half clutch state. This also translates to moving in either gear 1 or neutral in heavy traffic, but no state in between. Anyways, guess I went but the point is that there was no way I was letting them touch my clutch. I firmly asked pointed questions to SA and got a revised quote of 43K, this time including Suspension, Steering and BOTH axles*Shockked* Amidst confusion, I managed to take my car out.

Went again on 15th Aug'16 with a firm agenda:
  1. Get the damn axle changed if it is readily available. Also get the Boots changed for the LH axle, just as a precautionary measure. Else, take the car out, place order for axle with Bosch guy by paying 50% advance and get it changed once it arrives.
  2. Bleed and refill the Clutch fluid as I learnt from various forums here that the most basic (and inexpensive) step is to bleed the Clutch fluid for my hard Clutch.
  3. Change the headlight, which was broken in general.
The first thing I did after reaching there was to request changing my SA. So this time a new guy attended me. We went over the same thing. Lifted the car and clearly saw leaked grease from one of the RH boots, which would leave little down for anybody having moderate knowledge about cars. But no, this SA also insisted on the same estimates of suspension, steering rack and of course axle. Said that the car would have to be inspected by one of their senior technicians and the report would come by next day evening as the rush was huge. He also said that the axle may not be available. I asked to check the availability up front, upon which he called the spares stores upstairs and said that it was NOT available. Then I enquired about the boots for LH axle, to which he said that Hyundai doesn't make "Child parts" so they won't be able to replace those at all. My fall back plan was clear in my mind by this time. So I said that alright, let me bring the car again tomorrow 9AM instead of leaving the car today. Seeing me leaving the S.S. for the second time rang a bell in S.A's ears. Now he called a "Senior Advisor" and got it checked again. The senior took 2-3 turns, told something to the SA and left without saying a word to me. The SA also started running around. I stopped him to ask what was going on. He said that he is checking the availability of the RH axle. I questioned his earlier response of unavailability, to which he said that sometimes it is physically there in the store but is not reflected in the inventory LOL While he was at it, I followed him right to the store. Guess what? The RH axle was clearly available Now I directly asked the spares guy whether the boots for the LH axle were available and guess what? The boots were indeed available. Looks like Hyundai does make the "Child parts" after all. By the way, contrary to my expectation of LH boots costing under 1K, they turned out to be 3K so I decided not to touch them for now (not sure whether I did the right thing or not )

Now the case was clear and the part available. I insisted on fixing asap. The SA refused to fix headlight and bleed the clutch fluid saying it is too much to be done today. He also said another stupid thing that sometimes bleeding leads the clutch cylinders to go bad so they don't usually do it. Told me to get it done during the service. I could clearly relate that when I eventually get it done, they will declared one or both the cylinders bad. I will be lucky if they don't declare my Flywheel, Clutch friction and pressure plates and release bearing bad.

I got the car back at 6:30 PM, with the new axle and resolved problem. Of course I got the old axle back with me. What totally surprised and saddened me was that even in an A.S.S, the SAs would go to any extent to make their commission. I left the A.S.S, driving my now noiseless car, wondering that somebody else might have left with overhauled suspension, clutch, steering and probably axle.

With this post, I hope to contribute back to this wonderful community. I haven't posted much here so moderators, please pardon me if I didn't do everything right. Please also feel free to move this post in case it deserves a better place.

Live to drive.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Only TWO emoticons are allowed per post. Please refrain from exceeding this limit. Thank you for your anticipated co-operation.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai A. S. S. Experience - By Owners Only-img_20160817_132518.jpg  

Hyundai A. S. S. Experience - By Owners Only-img_20160817_132607.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th August 2016 at 18:05. Reason: See note in post
zoiks_guy is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks