Excellent and Outstanding 14 7.87%
Exceeds Expectations 34 19.10%
Meets Expectations 71 39.89%
Below Your Expectations 41 23.03%
Improvement Needed 18 10.11%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2006, 14:45   #1

Hyundai Service Centres (Lip Service or more)

Hello Everyone,
I have been in Chennai for 6 years now.
I bought a Hyundai Accent GLE 1 year back.

I have had 2 free services(One with MPL and one with DSC) till now and one bodyshop work on the door (at DSC).

: MPL Experience :: (The Customer Care Paragon)
I bought the car from MPL motors which has dealership of other makes like Ford too.
I must say that the shopping experience with them was quite nice as I got whatever I wanted from them.
Then the icing on the cake was the first free service, after which, when they delivered the vehicle at my door step, it was as good as new. Spic and Span from inside and out.
Sadly MPL closed their Hyundai dealership 7-8 months back and I had to search for other service centers for my next free service+dent repair for the door.

Convenience of access to the service center led me to choose DSC service center at Guindy.

DSC Experience :: (The Lip Service People)
I must say I was really glad when I called them up first time and booked for a pick-up of the car from my office. Very good interaction and they seemed to have understood each word of english that I spoke.
I started feeling fuzzy all over at having chosen a Hyundai Car and having such good service center ppl.
I was a little puzzled when nobody came to pickup and nobody called. When I called them the next day, they said that they have no such request in their databse. I told then I will bring in the car myself.

When I gave the car at the Service Center the next day, I started feeling good again because they understood all my woes so well and also assured me that the door damage would be taken care of and the insurance part of it is no problem (it really was no problem(ICICI Lombard)). But I don't know who to thank for that part.

OK, so they told me, it would take 3 -4 working days for the Body work + free servicing.
But I finally got my car back after 6 days. That too I had to go and pick up. And that too at 11 PM in the night when I could not look at the paint job they had done. Later I found out 2 durt specks in the painted part of the body.
They did not clean the interiors after the servicing and my biege interrios were brown at multiple locations.
When I reported this they had the nerve to suggest interiors cleaning package for 1500 and 2000 bucks which I could avail.
Through all of this they just kept assuring and re-assuring me of their wonderful service but NEVER DID anything. I wud leave my car with them only to find out in the evening that they did nothing about the dirt specks and all they had to say was .
I was quite frustated with them by the end of it all and I still have those 2 dirt specks in my paint.

Now with MPL closed and DSC out of question I am in a dilemma as to which service center to choose.
Can someone in Chennai help me out

As for the car, I am absolutely happy with it and its performance.

I am no expert on cars and this being my first car I cannot say that one can go by my words on performance and stuff.
But after driving my parent's Fiat and Zen for sometime I felt this car was amazing and very comfortable to drive (though getting in and getting out is an issue with this low seating car)
Been on a trip to Yercaud from Chennai and was very pleased at the way my car treated my wife. Her nerves are usually frayed on road journey's, specially one's involving hilly regions. But she did not complain once on this trip. Paisa Vasool for me

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by adya33 : 17th May 2006 at 18:54.
Old 17th May 2006, 14:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey Gaurav, nice description, man. I am sure we have lots of Chennai guys having Hyundais, who would be able to suggest you a good service centre. BTW, I guess the Mods would not take kindly to the abundant use of smileys. :-)
Old 17th May 2006, 15:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
the abundant use of smileys. :-)
... WELCOME ON BOARD VROOM!

And do take the time to read the announcements sections before you proceed!!

CHEERS!
Old 17th May 2006, 15:19   #4

Oops!!
Guess I got carried away. Will take care henceforth.
Really looking forward to some help though.

By the way, my Last name and Middle name is 'Vrooom' too.
Old 17th May 2006, 17:49   #5
BHPian

Hi Vroom,
Just to add to your experience i myself had a similar experience a few years ago. I had bought a Santro from a reputed dealer (no names taken) in Noida and duirng the 2nd and 3rd servicing the work done by them was very "shoddy" - car was dirty, had grease starins in the bonnet etc and to add to that they had misplaced the service book of the car. On speaking with the service supervisor i was assured that the service book would be mailed to my address and the car was cleaned with a damp cloth for my satisfaction. Weeks passed and the service book was no where to be found and the car started giving me problems. I called the authorised dealers but got no help from them. I then wrote a strong email to Hyundai International about my experience and within the next 2 days i had Hyundai service supervisor on my door form the company workshop. The car was taken by him and a replacement was provided. I was asked to list all the complaints and within the next 3-4 days the car was fixed and sent back. Ever since then till the time i sold the car the experience of dealing with Hyundai was more than i expected and this is the main reason i went for an Accent Viva and not a Ikon or Baleno.

The point i am trying to make here is that the authorised dealers are there to make money. Customer satisfaction is not their concern / priority. If problems persist do drop the company a mil and be assured of prompt action.
Old 17th May 2006, 18:25   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praneet71
Hi Vroom,
Just to add to your experience i myself had a similar experience a few years ago. I had bought a Santro from a reputed dealer (no names taken) in Noida and duirng the 2nd and 3rd servicing the work done by them was very "shoddy" - car was dirty, had grease starins in the bonnet etc and to add to that they had misplaced the service book of the car. On speaking with the service supervisor i was assured that the service book would be mailed to my address and the car was cleaned with a damp cloth for my satisfaction. Weeks passed and the service book was no where to be found and the car started giving me problems. I called the authorised dealers but got no help from them. I then wrote a strong email to Hyundai International about my experience and within the next 2 days i had Hyundai service supervisor on my door form the company workshop. The car was taken by him and a replacement was provided. I was asked to list all the complaints and within the next 3-4 days the car was fixed and sent back. Ever since then till the time i sold the car the experience of dealing with Hyundai was more than i expected and this is the main reason i went for an Accent Viva and not a Ikon or Baleno.

The point i am trying to make here is that the authorised dealers are there to make money. Customer satisfaction is not their concern / priority. If problems persist do drop the company a mil and be assured of prompt action.
I disagree.Granted,dealers have to make money,but then so does everybody else in the worlld.Some people might fail to grasp the gravity of the situation while dealing with customers.One person's understanding or the lack of it does not mean the whole dealership/manufacturer thinks the same way.Nowadays companies are competing neck-to-neck on scoring in areas of customer satisfaction like JD Power CSI survey.I don't think there would be any dealer in India who would want that to happen.

Naturally,customers are not expected to be sympathetic or easy going in their interaction with dealers and their staff (I do not mean anyone in particular when I say this).All I'm saying is that if you feel that a certain staff is irresponsible or inconsiderate to your needs, demand to talk to somebody higher.If the manager or somebody higher in the dealership cannot address your concern,then by all means take it up with the manufacturer.I certainly feel that if they are informed of a customer's problems directly,they will ensure that it is resolved and never repeated.A customer's concern is paramount,valid or otherwise.
Old 17th May 2006, 18:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praneet71
That's what @vroom is also planning to do - write to the company direct.
But then, any Hyundai owners in Chennai who can recommend a good service centre ? He seems to be having quite some pending work on his car and your suggestions would help him get them done properly. BTW, he is a colleague and I bought my Baleno the same time he bought his Accent, after we testdrove both the cars.
Old 17th May 2006, 18:27   #8
BANNED

Have you tried the Hyundai Motor Plaza on the Inner Ring Road at Vadapalani?
Old 18th May 2006, 07:13   #9
BHPian

Coloneljassi i understand the point you are trying to make but when did i say i had a problem with dealers making money. All that i am saying attending to customers and satisfying them should b the dealers priority. Its becasue of a few of them the manufacturer gets a bad name. In my case i had spoken with the highest person in the setup and got no help. By the way, i was not the onlyone who happened to have written to the manufacturer regarding our dissatisfaction with this dealer.

Getting the car serviced from Hyundai Motor Plaza is the best option. They respond quickly and do a good job.
Old 19th May 2006, 18:30   #10
BHPian

Vroom:Please check your PMs.Do let me know if you need my help....
Old 17th September 2007, 23:04   #11
BHPian

Hyundai Motor Plaza does a very good job (though i have been there only for routine periodic maintenance servcies) for about 4 years now. Only 'hassel' is to make a booking about two weeks in advance. All service requests are looked upon and the car feels and smells new upon delivery.
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:06   #12

Best Service - KUN Hyundai

Hi Vrooom,

I had a similar exp with DSC, They never go by the words they say.I went their for a dent + paint job work on door. They promised to deliver in 5 days and i was kinda okay but they really took 8 days. i dont know what they did but the door was looking worse than it was before the work. Then i spoke to the body shop manager and they took 3 more days and again paint job was not good and then i spent 6hrs in the service center and watching them inch by inch rubbing the paint.

You can try KUN-Hyundai near adyar. You have to take left before the adyar fly-over - just opposite to malar hospital.

I was so pleased with the service i availed there, no problems no rework and delivery before promised date and ppl there have a good attitude.

Hope it will help Pal
Old 20th April 2010, 10:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai A. S. S. Experience - By Owners Only

Hi

On the lines of the following two threads:
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community (FIAT's A.S.S, let the real owners speak.)

and

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ners-only.html

I am starting this thread for Hyundai. We recently bought an I10 AT from Trident on Hosur Road. Though i don't qualify to vote here yet since the car is yet to go for its first service, i thought i will start it off nonetheless.

So, once again the poll is copied from the above two threads:

Excellent & Outstanding - Perfect on time execution, very knowledgeable, strong skills & competencies, Rated high on both quality of work and end results.

Exceeds Your Expectation - Exceeds expectations significantly and consistently every time. Proactive in getting things checked and fixed.

Meets Your Expectation - Knowledgeable in essential skills. All services and repairs are fixed to your expectations. On time delivery.

Below Your Expectation - Not being treated on priority, Demonstrates average skills/ knowledge in most of the essential tasks. Needs continuous and close supervision from your end.

Improvement Needed - Quality of work has been consistently falling short of requirements. Not satisfied with overall experience.

For this poll to be successful, and have some meaning, its important that only people who have had first hand experience of Hyundai A.S.S. vote.

I'll also request people who own other cars to start similar threads.

Amitoj

Last edited by amitoj : 20th April 2010 at 11:03.
Old 20th April 2010, 11:05   #14
BHPian

I had a long-standing battery drain problem with my Elantra. I gave the car for getting the electricals checked up as part of the Free Car Checkup Camp to Trident *** in Inner Ring Road, Bangalore. Not only they diagnosed the problem promptly, i also ended up paying only INR170 for the entire service (including recharging the battery completely as it was almost drained once again).
They called me up 1-2 times with the status report over the 2 days that my car was at their workshop and when i called up to follow-up they answered my calls courteously as well.
Old 20th April 2010, 11:11   #15
BHPian

for me they do a good job but they need to improve on some area like explaining what was done on the car when we take delivery.
I feel labor charge for some of the simple jobs is really high.I asked the service person to change the wiper and wiper cost was around 90 -100 but labor was Rs 40 which was not totally accepted by me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks