Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:03   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Do not know about all the states but the service I have been receiving at Chandigarh (BERKELEY'S) was at par with anywhere else. Dehradun (MODERN AUTOS) and Lucknow (KTL) are quite good too.
But Bhopal's MY CAR is a nightmare, they probably never heard anything remotely related to Ethics.

Okay, a bit of fresh news, Mom told me over the phone that the bumper has somehow again seemed to misalign itself and now there is gap between the fender and the bumper, enough to put a finger in between.
The car has been now parked and covered and nobody wants to use it as the bumper might get damaged further and my family is quite busy these days.
So, another visit to a service center is on my TO-DO ON REACHING BHOPAL list now.
Really a sad state of service from MY car.Really feel bad now that my dad has to take the car for its next service in May.The last time he took there after a month of purchase and during the service they somehow managed to get a dent on the side door and then told dad that this is how it came-in for service and not to worry the maruthi insurance will take care.My poor dad was not aware of NCB's and said ok and was fooled very nicely.
This vacation when I go to bhopal I am surely going to give the concerned personnel of mycar a piece of mymind.
I guess its time for them to do a reality check.Some crazy customer will surely go and break the glasses of their showroom soon.
Old 23rd April 2010, 12:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
This vacation when I go to bhopal I am surely going to give the concerned personnel of mycar a piece of mymind.
I guess its time for them to do a reality check.Some crazy customer will surely go and break the glasses of their showroom soon.
As of now I have nothing to do but to sit and wait till I reach Bhopal.

Do let me know when you're in Bhopal though. I'll be more than willing to accompany you to the dealer and I too may offer them a piece of mind to feast upon. Even if it doesn't turn out to be necessary it will be nice teaming up with bhpians in a new city.

PS--My (t)rusty ol' 800 is going to its new owner soon. Considering how pissed orf I am I wont mind hitting a few guys at MY-CAR before disposing orf the old vehicle. Sadly, that won't improve the conditions because from what I've read here, the entire unit of MASS is crooked.

Regards.
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:18   #18
BHPian

Quote:
As of now I have nothing to do but to sit and wait till I reach Bhopal.

Do let me know when you're in Bhopal though. I'll be more than willing to accompany you to the dealer and I too may offer them a piece of mind to feast upon. Even if it doesn't turn out to be necessary it will be nice teaming up with bhpians in a new city.

PS--My (t)rusty ol' 800 is going to its new owner soon. Considering how pissed orf I am I wont mind hitting a few guys at MY-CAR before disposing orf the old vehicle. Sadly, that won't improve the conditions because from what I've read here, the entire unit of MASS is crooked.

Regards.
I will be coming down in July.Would definitely love to meet you.
And yes lets go to Mycar together and make them realise that if they operate this way their showroom is going to shut shop soon.That I can ensure.
Old 28th April 2010, 14:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Okay, some update. MY CAR fixed the bumper again and also got left fender (which was scratched by them) painted.

But the bumper is still not fitted properly. Can't seem to understand why they can't get a simple job done right even the third time!

I'll be posting some more pics of the front bumper etc. regarding the doubts I have with the installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Shock & Horror : Pathetic Experience at MASS Bhopal-img_0858.jpg  

Old 6th July 2010, 19:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Here we go again!!

After I started this thread, I had bugged the hell out of people at MY CAR BHOPAL (MASS). Soon after, the car was back at MASS and the bumper issue was sorted.

The car was returned the next day and everything looked fine. Some new scratches mysteriously appeared on left rear door but I was so fed up by then that I ignored it.

Also, MY CAR approached dad and asked him to withdraw the complaint. Dad is usually very busy throughout the week and we were in no mood of wasting more time dealing with MASS people. Add to it that the MASS officer who had come along to deliver the car was helpful and prompt to address the issues so the complaint was withdrawn.

For a few days everything seemed fine.

Then suddenly lots of vibration at idle appeared. Loud and pronounced.

As if that wasn't enough the grating sound when the steering was turned to lock towards right also re-appeared.

And today, am really frustrated. Called the same guy who came with the car and gave him a piece of my mind to feast upon.

When the car had first gone for repairing, the rear bumper was dented and re-painted. Close to 2600 bucks were charged for the same.

I had maintained from the beginning that the paint quality of both the rear bumper that was repaired and the front bumper that was replaced looked lesser in quality than the original. But I was told that there is nothing to bother about and the slightly grainy pattern in the paint is normal with the plastic parts.

Today evening, I noticed that the paint of my car's rear bumper has started developing cracks and peeling off. The car didn't hit anything and there is no dent or whatsoever on that area.

This is simply not done and really not expected from MASS. Not once, not twice but thrice have they served me with shoddy service.

Regards.
Old 13th December 2010, 20:34   #21
BHPian

Re: Shock & Horror : Pathetic Experience at MASS Bhopal

Just bumping up the thread to report a very sad experience I had this time in MY CAR, bhopal.

MY CAR Bhopal had offered free seat covers(read the cloth covering) for our maruti A-star in case we renew the insurance from maruti.Dad felt that its good to have insurance from maruti itself as in case of accidents the car would eventually land in maruti service center and it would be hassle free in case we have an insurance from maruti itself.And the free seat covers sounded a good freebie.The basic reason was that my folks live in a farm house and the amount of dust was really spoiling our leather seat covers.So a soft cloth seat covers to drape around seemed a good option.

And so dad renewed the insurance from maruti and after a week inquired about the seat covers which were supposed to be delivered next day of renewing the insurance and prompt came the reply."The seat covers are out of stock".

Almost a month of following up resulted in a call from Ms.Neelam from My CAR asking dad to come and collect the only seat cover set which was somehow left with them.
Dad collected it from My car showroom and when he came back and opened them he was shocked to see that MY car had handed over few pieces of used seat covers.It had black patches covered in grease and dirt all over.Not to mention it was torn at a few places.
Obviously getting furious he called them back again and as expected got apologetic reply that they would replace them soon.Another couple of weeks followed and on following up again all they could come up is with the reply that A-star seat covers were out of stock.
I went to Bhopal during the last week of november and dad informed me of this whole episode.
And one look at the seat covers were enough to blow my fuse.Drove straight to MY CAR and met the insurance head named Ms. Anitha who tried to act very innocent and unaware of the proceedings.And then she said that since my dad had already opened the seat cover pack they cannot replace it.That blew me out.I gave her a piece of my mind and asked her to call up the manager of My CAR to which she promised that she would get the new seat covers delivered to my place in 2 days.To show her commitment she gave me her signature along with a 2 days clause.
I came back a bit relieved.

2 days went and no intimation from their side.And I called back only to be informed that the insurance supervisor had gone on 2 weeks vacation.
How convenient.

Asked them about the seat covers and they said that its out of stock.Wow I wasn't surprised.

Had to leave for Delhi on the same day for my marriage and so left it right there.

Came back after a week and called up My CAR and asked for Ms. Anitha.As expected she was on leave.Asked for her mail id from Ms. Rajini who had answered the call.She wanted to know why I wanted her mail id.To which I replied that I am mailing the the higher management of Maruti regarding this issue and wanted to keep Ms.Anitha in the loop.To which the lady replied that she can't help as the seat covers were not in stock.I said I was no longer interested in the seat covers and just wanted the mail id.Then all of a sudden she says that she would call back within 5 mins.

Within the next 5 minutes she called saying that the seat covers are ready and I can come and collect it right then.

I was shocked.But went to the showroom right then and tahda!! the seat covers were waiting for me packed nicely.I tore open the pack to check whether the seat covers were indeed new and genuine and to my surprise they were brand new.But before leaving shouted at everyone in the insurance department regarding the unethical and unprofessional behavior.
All the while I was not angry for not getting the seat covers but I was angry over the fact that how dare they hand over used seat covers to my folks thinking they wouldn't react as they are oldies and would live with the pains.Its dealership like these which are bringing bad name to a reputed brand like maruti.
Over to them.
Old 3rd January 2011, 02:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Just bumping up the thread to report a very sad experience I had this time in MY CAR, bhopal.

MY CAR Bhopal had offered free seat covers(read the cloth covering) for our maruti A-star in case we renew the insurance from maruti.Dad felt that its good to have insurance from maruti itself as in case of accidents the car would eventually land in maruti service center and it would be hassle free in case we have an insurance from maruti itself.And the free seat covers sounded a good freebie.The basic reason was that my folks live in a farm house and the amount of dust was really spoiling our leather seat covers.So a soft cloth seat covers to drape around seemed a good option.

And so dad renewed the insurance from maruti and after a week inquired about the seat covers which were supposed to be delivered next day of renewing the insurance and prompt came the reply."The seat covers are out of stock".

Almost a month of following up resulted in a call from Ms.Neelam from My CAR asking dad to come and collect the only seat cover set which was somehow left with them.
Dad collected it from My car showroom and when he came back and opened them he was shocked to see that MY car had handed over few pieces of used seat covers.It had black patches covered in grease and dirt all over.Not to mention it was torn at a few places.
Obviously getting furious he called them back again and as expected got apologetic reply that they would replace them soon.Another couple of weeks followed and on following up again all they could come up is with the reply that A-star seat covers were out of stock.
I went to Bhopal during the last week of november and dad informed me of this whole episode.
And one look at the seat covers were enough to blow my fuse.Drove straight to MY CAR and met the insurance head named Ms. Anitha who tried to act very innocent and unaware of the proceedings.And then she said that since my dad had already opened the seat cover pack they cannot replace it.That blew me out.I gave her a piece of my mind and asked her to call up the manager of My CAR to which she promised that she would get the new seat covers delivered to my place in 2 days.To show her commitment she gave me her signature along with a 2 days clause.
I came back a bit relieved.

2 days went and no intimation from their side.And I called back only to be informed that the insurance supervisor had gone on 2 weeks vacation.
How convenient.

Asked them about the seat covers and they said that its out of stock.Wow I wasn't surprised.

Had to leave for Delhi on the same day for my marriage and so left it right there.

Came back after a week and called up My CAR and asked for Ms. Anitha.As expected she was on leave.Asked for her mail id from Ms. Rajini who had answered the call.She wanted to know why I wanted her mail id.To which I replied that I am mailing the the higher management of Maruti regarding this issue and wanted to keep Ms.Anitha in the loop.To which the lady replied that she can't help as the seat covers were not in stock.I said I was no longer interested in the seat covers and just wanted the mail id.Then all of a sudden she says that she would call back within 5 mins.

Within the next 5 minutes she called saying that the seat covers are ready and I can come and collect it right then.

I was shocked.But went to the showroom right then and tahda!! the seat covers were waiting for me packed nicely.I tore open the pack to check whether the seat covers were indeed new and genuine and to my surprise they were brand new.But before leaving shouted at everyone in the insurance department regarding the unethical and unprofessional behavior.
All the while I was not angry for not getting the seat covers but I was angry over the fact that how dare they hand over used seat covers to my folks thinking they wouldn't react as they are oldies and would live with the pains.Its dealership like these which are bringing bad name to a reputed brand like maruti.
Over to them.

Sorry for late reply. HAven't logged in since ages. Bought a bike and have been busy exploring the joy of biking.

Anyways, coming back to the topic, by this recent incident one thing is quite sure. The people at MASS Bhopal are certainly way below the standards that prevail at other MASS centers and the issue related to my Baleno wasn't a one-off case.

The only way to make them set things right is to time and again threaten them by calling the regional office of MSIL which I believe is at Indore. As in my case, as soon as Dad reported the matter to the MSIL regional office they were all apologetic and were quick to address the issues. Later though, as I had reported the paint on the bumper (the quality of which I initally was quite sceptical about) started peeling off.
A friend of mine here hsa good links with the service centres as he himself has been working at a few places..recent being mitsubishi. He gave a call to the manager..some lady I believe who called back to me and asked to come over and get the car checked while discussing the issues over a cup of coffee. At least the gesture was good enough but neither me nor dad could give a visit as we got busy with my admission procedure back at chandigarh and with time the matter died.
Now my car is closing 40000kms on odo, not in much use since am not in the city most of the time. I am not entirely sure about taking the car to MASS My car again.
Most probably I'll consult the same friend and take him along if I decide to head to MASS. My car needs new brake pads and some other little things and considering the way MY-CAR functions am not gonna believe them at all.

Let us see what is in store in near future.

Regards.
Old 3rd January 2011, 22:19   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Let us see what is in store in near future.

Regards.
Congrats on the new bike.

From what I have heard both Jeevan as well as MyCar sucks.Next time I will treat Maruti at par with Tata and Skoda.I for one have removed the excellent service and support tag for Maruti from my list. On the contrary to be really honest I have found much better support and service from Concorde Tata dealers here in Bangalore.
Old 24th March 2014, 13:44   #24
BHPian

Bumping this thread since I need to know more about user experience of Vasanti Automobiles at Bhopal. They now run under BOSCH Service & have shifted to a new address at JK Road. The setup is much larger than before since I only saw them from outside...

Any user experience for them in Bhopal.. Its been recommended earlier in the thread & someone might have visited them..
Old 24th March 2014, 17:39   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Days passed and dad repeatedly visited the MASS centre only to note that parts have not been arrived.
I know I am replying to a very old post, but the situation with many ASCs are same, not just Maruti.

I have a feeling that ASCs with malicious & deplorable intent often delay procuring the parts from the manufacturers because they actually never place any orders with them; and are on a lookout of salvaged parts from written-off vehicles. They profit immensely from such arrangements. Unsuspecting and noob customers can easily fall prey to these tricks.
Old 10th October 2019, 11:31   #26
BHPian

Quote:
.........Thanks to all those who went thru this boring and lengthy post....
I read this dear friend. Fully empathize with you on this. Hope you will read this one day, since its an old thread I'm bumping into.

By now you would have already known MASS is totally hopeless with this kind of works and charge unnecessarily for making invoice amount.

Earlier I too was stuck with MASS slowly switched to small garages where SA and owner is reliable and good work is done. Even mine too bumper had broken at the bottom and these guys did fabrication and painting at close to 4k amount. Feels ok, i mean the work is good so far.

regards
prsn

Last edited by khan_sultan : 10th October 2019 at 13:40. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
prsnck is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks