Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 14:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

kairali ford, Cochin / Ernakulam positive experience

Hi,

They have had a lot of negative remarks in the Figo threads.

My experience so far has been very positive as far as my Figo purchase was concerned.

I had taken a Figo test drive early in March and would have been among the first deliveries on the 18th of March had I confirmed my booking, which I could not for other reasons.

Another test drive was done when the demo car was in my town a couple of days later.

The local representative Mr Prajith was in touch with me for my booking confirmation and was keen on giving my car (if booked) before the 31st of March.

On the 10th of April, I was in touch with Mr Sreekumar at the Kochi showroom for a third test drive before finalising. I did fill the application form for booking on the 10th with an assurance that the order would go on that day itself, but was advised to pay Rs 25000 on the 12th itself. The delivery could be as late as 2 months for the 1.4 Squeeze Titanium with Coral dash.

The advance was paid on 12th which was handed over to Prajith at Alleppey. I clearly told him not to bother me with any tentative dates and to inform only when the car reaches the showroom. I would take a look and confirm delivery date before paying up.

I left for a six day trip on the 20th. I had just reached Tirunelveli when I got a call from him saying my car has come.

26th was chosen as the delivery date as I would be back in Alleppey only on 25th and the time was 12.30pm for the delivery.

Prajith when informed about the delivery date suggested that they would send the car on 24th for temporary registration so that on 26th there would be no delays. All papers including the balance payment to be brought while coming for delivery on 26th. I confirmed this as I could not believe that temporary registration would be done just with the advance with them.

All the arrangements were made over phone. So on 23rd the insurance was arranged with United India Insurance Co Ltd through an agent friend of mine. He reverted saying that they no longer give open cover notes as per a new directive from the company. I asked Prajith for the engine / chassis number combination. He sent it via SMS at 1530 hrs which was forwarded to my agent and so insurance was on from Saturday when it would go for temporary registration.

I had the ICICI cheque book brought home on the 24th and got the DD for balance payment at 0930 on 26th.

Reached showroom. Checked with Prajith. He was in Alleppey. Asked me to meet Mr Tomson Tomy for delivery. Did all the paperwork after handing over the DD and insurance papers and at 1215 the car was brought to the delivery area. The key handing over was done at 1230.

The whole transaction was open and transparent with no false assurances of any sort from either side.

This is my first Ford car and I have to give full marks for the experience that I had.

Last edited by trrk : 4th May 2010 at 14:39.
Old 8th May 2010, 15:49   #2
BANNED

Congrats for new Figo !

Just because your initial buying experience was good, that doesn't mean that the whole ownership experience will be good, Beware of Ford and take care !
Old 8th May 2010, 19:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mithun,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Congrats for new Figo !
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Just because your initial buying experience was good, that doesn't mean that the whole ownership experience will be good, Beware of Ford and take care !
Hmmm.

Why should I be pessimistic now? There are people who have been unhappy about Tata cars. I am on my fifth one now with hardly any bad experiences.

I am sure I am going to be happy with my Figo experience. So can I mention if I get a good service experience?

Thanks for the warning, though!

Last edited by trrk : 8th May 2010 at 19:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks