Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: How was your Maruti Suzuki authorised service expereince?
Excellent and Outstanding 26 12.50%
Exceeds your expectations 32 15.38%
Meets your expectations 76 36.54%
Below your expectations 46 22.12%
Improvement Needed 28 13.46%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2017, 23:14   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
I'll talk to the Regional office tomorrow and apprise them of all the things that have happened. I'm not giving my car back to varun motors. I will give it to another service centre.
But please make sure you don't have to pay for anything. Get it repaired at any other workshop you trust, and send the bill to GM of Varun motors. Regional office can ask them to pay for the repairs in this case.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 23:36   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
But please make sure you don't have to pay for anything. Get it repaired at any other workshop you trust, and send the bill to GM of Varun motors. Regional office can ask them to pay for the repairs in this case.

Regards,
Shashi
This is brilliant advice. I'll keep this in mind. I will also mention this to the regional office when talking to them tomorrow.
Monolithic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 21:23   #138
BHPian

Update: 23/02/2017

The Service centre representative calls me and my father multiple times pleading us to bring the car to their place. Assures me that they will fix the car but says I have to foot the bill to any repairs that they do. I called the Maruti Suzuki helpline and asked them to escalate this and had them mention that I will be moving away from Varun Motors. They suggested me alternate service centres and told me that they will take care at the time of billing since we have complained.

The regional office couldn't be contacted as nobody lifts they're phone and fax number gives a non existing message. Will try again tomorrow and take the car to a new service centre.
Monolithic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 08:37   #139
BANNED

Quote:
The regional office couldn't be contacted as nobody lifts they're phone and fax number gives a non existing message. Will try again tomorrow and take the car to a new service centre.
Not sure if this helps, here's the details of the TSM in Hyderabad. Found this sticker pasted on the sun visor. Should be of some help to you.

Name:  ForumRunner_20170224_083702.png
Views: 1428
Size:  503.1 KB

Contact the TSM and see if something positive comes out.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 20:57   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Not sure if this helps, here's the details of the TSM in Hyderabad. Found this sticker pasted on the sun visor. Should be of some help to you.
Contact the TSM and see if something positive comes out.
Thank you so much! I'll contact the TSM.
Old 25th February 2017, 13:40   #141
BHPian

Update: 25/2/2017

Have taken the car to Mithra agencies. They recommended a change of clutch! Also another shocker is that the fuel was leaking out of the inlet pipe much more than before. We complained that fuel was leaking by few drops when refuelling, now it has gone worse.

Got in touch with the TSM via email provided by @a4anurag. The TSM called me up and put the Service centre rep in the con-call. Few questions were raised

1)Why did they touch the clutch when we didn't complain?
2)Why wasn't the fuel pipe issue resolved?
3)Why didn't they test drive the car before handing it over to us?
4)Since the service centre kept repeating that clutch was damaged, why did it not affect us on 19 February morning or even before? Why didn't they fix it during servicing? Why are they recommending only now?

So the Service centre will pickup the car on Monday, 27/2/2017, and then take the car to a different location.

The response from Regional office is reassuring and encouraging.
Monolithic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 10:29   #142
BHPian

Update: Monday, 25/2/2017

The Service representative has taken the car with him, as instructed to him by the MSIL Regional Office. Promised to fix the clutch and the fuel pump. Said he will return the car by evening.
Monolithic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 21:02   #143
BHPian

Update: Tuesday, 28/2/2017

I've received the car around 6. My father and I have drove the car and filled it up with petrol in presence of the service rep. We are satisfied with the work they've done. Finally. They gave me a feedback page which I refused to write on and I said I'll email them the feedback and they left immediately.

But there's one more issue which arose as soon as they left. It seems that the front suspension collapsed. This occurred while I was parking the car. This is so frustrating because the suspension cannot fail just like that and that too soon after servicing. I always thought they were supposed to check and recommend any replacement. I will email and call up the service center and the regional office again. Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-imageuploadedbyteambhp1488295944.402607.jpg
Old 28th February 2017, 21:36   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update: Tuesday, 28/2/2017

But there's one more issue which arose as soon as they left. It seems that the front suspension collapsed. This occurred while I was parking the car. This is so frustrating because the suspension cannot fail just like that and that too soon after servicing. I always thought they were supposed to check and recommend any replacement. I will email and call up the service center and the regional office again.

How can the suspension collapse just like that!!. Request you to click pics of strut from inside the wheel well, and your engine bay pic. Is the strut fine on the LHS side??
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 22:16   #145
BHPian

Quote:

How can the suspension collapse just like that!!. Request you to click pics of strut from inside the wheel well, and your engine bay pic. Is the strut fine on the LHS side??

It is fine on the left side. I will take clearer photos tomorrow morning and have them see it for themselves.
Old 28th February 2017, 23:09   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is fine on the left side. I will take clearer photos tomorrow morning and have them see it for themselves.
Specially check these two areas:

1. Area where strut is tightened to the apron.
2. Area where knuckle meets strut.

Suspension doesn't collapse just like this IMHO, and that too suddently. Suspecting a foul play again.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 23:20   #147
BHPian

Quote:

Suspension doesn't collapse just like this IMHO, and that too suddently. Suspecting a foul play again.

Okay, got it! I'll get some photos first thing when sun is up. I try lifting the side up with my hands, and I can't pull it up. It is like the car is planted to the side.
Monolithic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 23:26   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Okay, got it! I'll get some photos first thing when sun is up. I try lifting the side up with my hands, and I can't pull it up. It is like the car is planted to the side.
Do check the rear axle, sway bar and front steering components(tie rod ends etc), in addition to what Shashi has mentioned above.
sumitsinha0280 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 02:09   #149
BANNED

Any details on the jobs done by them? Bill? Did they ask you to pay anything?

I was happy to see things moving in a positive direction after you contacted the TSM from the email I provided.

Now this issue

Quote:
It seems that the front suspension collapsed. This occurred while I was parking the car.
What I think is one of the bolts/nuts haven't been tightened or some such issue.

The struts/coils can't fail suddenly like a balloon betting deflated instantly. Is the car move-able?

As asked by Leoshashi sir, can you click a few images from the right side wheel well as well as the engine bay mounting?! Thanks in advance.
Old 1st March 2017, 14:07   #150
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitsinha0280 View Post
Do check the rear axle, sway bar and front steering components(tie rod ends etc), in addition to what Shashi has mentioned above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Any details on the jobs done by them? Bill? Did they ask you to pay anything?

I was happy to see things moving in a positive direction after you contacted the TSM from the email I provided.

Now this issue

What I think is one of the bolts/nuts haven't been tightened or some such issue.

The struts/coils can't fail suddenly like a balloon betting deflated instantly. Is the car move-able?

As asked by Leoshashi sir, can you click a few images from the right side wheel well as well as the engine bay mounting?! Thanks in advance.

I've taken some photos. Looks like the shock absorber is at fault here. It has become rigid and fixed in a place.

Should I take some more photos? Are these clear enough?

Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-imageuploadedbyteambhp1488357408.795610.jpg

Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-imageuploadedbyteambhp1488357440.651885.jpg

Last edited by navin : 1st March 2017 at 15:36.

Most Viewed