Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: How was your Maruti Suzuki authorised service expereince?
Excellent and Outstanding 26 12.50%
Exceeds your expectations 32 15.38%
Meets your expectations 76 36.54%
Below your expectations 46 22.12%
Improvement Needed 28 13.46%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2010, 15:43   #31
BANNED

One of the pathetic M.A.S.S at Cochin: Sai Service Station

Don't want to elaborate more since I don't want my fingers to sore. Just want to put my advice: Stay away !
Old 14th May 2010, 02:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
Do You think thousands of forms/day are filled by Maruti?? Just because one A.S.C did that, does that mean each and every A.S.C do the same??

As for my experience, It has always met my expectations (Some times exceeded) without any problem till date. Still I feel there can be some improvements .
Actually even Maruti Service Masters, Okhla, New Delhi fills up the feedback form themselves, I had complained to Maruti 3-4 times and asked for a new feedback form which they declined so as to not let their ratings suffer. I literally threatened to sue and was also a shareholder of Maruti Suzuki at that time, good thing I sold those shares for Castrol before Maruti's stock price tanked :P

To read about my extremely agonizing session with Maruti Service Masters, see this thread :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-masters.html

I would not recommend them at all, they charged more than others, made me replace parts un-necessarily and also messed up my car.
Old 14th May 2010, 06:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

I rate Maruti dealerships pretty high in terms of their attitude to satisfy customers.

Used Varun in Hyderabad.
Old 14th May 2010, 07:18   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post

This dealer in Kerala who heralds as No1 dealer is always like this.
Please name the delaer, it would help others to make an informed decision.

Popular?
Old 14th May 2010, 09:20   #35
@ri
BHPian

I am Surprised with some of the -ve replies on M.A.S.S.
I have a zen for almost 9 years and in B'lore for almost 5 yrs now. All the time I go to Mandovi at Banerghatta Road and to me they are really good!
They take good care of my car, do not suggest unnecessary replacements, and most importantly whenever I go to them for all those little niggles they take care of them many times without charging me maybe as a goodwill gesture but I am one delighted customer
Old 14th May 2010, 09:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Voted Excellent and Outstanding.

Ok heres the comparo between the two A.S.S. leaders Maruti and Hyundai. First we shall talk about Maruti.

I had an Alto Lxi that suffered a broken windshield (thanks to a lorry on the Noida Expressway) and an ugly dent (very deep) at the rear (thanks to myself in this case). Car was given to Sector 1, Noida workshop (I have forgotten name, its a MASS). Returned as new in 1 day! Car was returned thoroughly clean, and they even put the chrome 'xi' of the Lxi that had fallen off (without any charges, of course!). Very very impressive work really. Nobody can now make out there was a dent there (and it was really ugly believe me). Total bill was around 1000 (from my pocket, rest was picked up by Insurance - New India). usually the free service (first three) came to about 140 rupees!

Now coming to Hyundai. My brand new i10 was sent for repairs (same repairs - again a broken windshield - thanks to the apartment complex coming next door; and a small dent on the hood that I got once while parking!) Car was returned in 4 (FOUR) days after multiple reminders (Service done at Capital Hyundai, Sector 63, Noida). While the quality of the work done was good, but they only replaced the windshield in this time! They told me the Insurance refused to pay for the dent (while I had submitted a compelling story only for the dent on their advice). Insurance in this case was Bajaj Alliance. Worst Insurance company I guess. The govt of India run ones are much better. Workshop told me Insurance processing took 2 days thats why delay in returning the car. The out-of-my-pocket bill for the glass replacement was around 2000 rupees. Free service at Hyundai for an i10 costs 1515 rupees!!! (Compare it to Maruti - 140 rupees).

Voila thats why the huge respect for maruti. They are Good!

Last edited by joslicx : 14th May 2010 at 09:56.
Old 14th May 2010, 10:22   #37
Senior - BHPian

One thing Iam curious to know, is the reason behind your comments (whether good or bad):

1. Do you actually SEE what is done to your car at the service station (are you allowed inside the service bay). I generally take my car only to service stations where I am allowed inside.

If you are not allowed inside, at best you can comment on the way you were received at the showroom and whether the AC in the room was good.

You may even say that the service was good if you didn't have any problems with the car after service, but most cars under 5 years run trouble free anyway.

2. If you are allowed inside the service station, do you have enough knowledge to understand (and review) what is being done to your car? Since we are bhpians, I guess most people would have enough knowledge.

3. Many times, when you actually get back your car in 4 days, the actual work must have taken only 3 hours. (except for may be paint jobs)

Please also comment on what was done to your car, if you feel the service was bad.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 14th May 2010 at 10:32.
Old 14th May 2010, 11:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Some points i didn't understand in joslicx which are
1. How come the sum of first 3 services came to Rs. 140 only.
2. Free service at Hyundai for an i10 costs 1515 rupees!!! is it the charges of first free service or sum total of 3 services
Old 14th May 2010, 11:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
One thing Iam curious to know, is the reason behind your comments (whether good or bad):

1. Do you actually SEE what is done to your car at the service station (are you allowed inside the service bay). I generally take my car only to service stations where I am allowed inside.

If you are not allowed inside, at best you can comment on the way you were received at the showroom and whether the AC in the room was good.

You may even say that the service was good if you didn't have any problems with the car after service, but most cars under 5 years run trouble free anyway.

2. If you are allowed inside the service station, do you have enough knowledge to understand (and review) what is being done to your car? Since we are bhpians, I guess most people would have enough knowledge.

3. Many times, when you actually get back your car in 4 days, the actual work must have taken only 3 hours. (except for may be paint jobs)

Please also comment on what was done to your car, if you feel the service was bad.
IIRC in almost every MASS there is no restriction to roam around in the service area, have an idea whats being changed and how's your car being done up. For the past 5 years i have never been restricted from this benefit.
Old 14th May 2010, 11:38   #40
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post

I am with samsag on this. Typically I go into the workshop area and also sometimes chat up with not only the service advisors but also the blokes who work on the car. A personal touch helps anyday and more often than not for something major atleast the trouble shooting part of things I get to kind of supervise on what has actually gone wrong!
Old 14th May 2010, 11:51   #41
BHPian

Millenium Mobility in Pune screwed up my Baleno's brake calliper settings during a regular service and there was a distinct noise, which they couldn't diagnose after I complained about it. They had a test drive after a week and still couldn't find the issue.

I drove 1400 kms after that to Kerala and went through some remote areas after Belgaum (state highway) where the roads were really bad and the noise was getting worse. I was really worried about the noise at this point of time with some 900 kms still left to reach Chengannur (Kerala).

A few days later after reaching Chengannur, I drove to AVG motors at Kozhencherry. The moment I drove up, a senior service advisor was standing outside and when I complained about some strange noise, he asked whether it was the silencer? Pretty sharp guy. The silencer had a minor sound and it was packed some time back. Went for a test drive with him and he immediately said that it was a problem with the brake calliper settings. He came back and got it fixed in no time and charged less than Rs. 200 for it. I was impressed by this guy because the morons in Pune couldn't detect it after repeated complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
2. AVG Motors, Kozhencherry, Kerala
- A simple dent on the door which would require only a minor tinkering and paint job. The SA was advicing my in-law to replace the complete door unit since the crumble zones would have got affected & blah blah. She got it done under Insurance anyway!

Last edited by pradkumar : 14th May 2010 at 11:57.
Old 14th May 2010, 12:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
IIRC in almost every MASS there is no restriction to roam around in the service area, have an idea whats being changed and how's your car being done up. For the past 5 years i have never been restricted from this benefit.
My experience Trivandrum:
Popular Automobiles refused to allow me in the service bay, saying that it's their rule
Indus motors allowed me inside.
Old 14th May 2010, 13:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Some points i didn't understand in joslicx which are
1. How come the sum of first 3 services came to Rs. 140 only.
2. Free service at Hyundai for an i10 costs 1515 rupees!!! is it the charges of first free service or sum total of 3 services
Well these are the charges per service. The first three (1 Month, 6 Month, 12 Month) are/were free for both cars.

For each of the 'free' services for Alto the bill was around 140 rupees. For each of the three 'free' services for the i10 the bill has come around 1400-1515 (the latest one done last month so I remember the exact amount).

Quality of work done by each workshop was good though. So no complaints on that. But Hyundai only returned the car after 1 day even for the routine third service. MASS would return the car in few hours. Maybe its coz there are less authorised service stations for Hyundai (compared to maruti) and they are selling so many cars now. Noida only has 2 service centers for Hyundai but there are many many for maruti!
Old 14th May 2010, 13:47   #44
BHPian

I have never used any other car apart from Maruti. As per me, the service meets my expectation.
Old 14th May 2010, 13:56   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
For each of the 'free' services for Alto the bill was around 140 rupees. For each of the three 'free' services for the i10 the bill has come around 1400-1515 (the latest one done last month so I remember the exact amount).
Well, it looks like they screwed you by not changing the oil and oil filter as required. Otherwise there is no way it can be 140. Only labor is free in a free service. Consumables are charged. Oil and oil filter alone for an 800/Alto should come to ~800. I paid ~1000 for each of the three free services on the 800.

Last edited by Gilead : 14th May 2010 at 13:57.

Most Viewed