Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: How was your Maruti Suzuki authorised service expereince?
Excellent and Outstanding 26 12.50%
Exceeds your expectations 32 15.38%
Meets your expectations 76 36.54%
Below your expectations 46 22.12%
Improvement Needed 28 13.46%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 12:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar;1886349

[B
Purpose of this thread is to let Maruti Suzuki owners rate their experience with their respective A.S.S and highlight the issues faced and solution provided or just to applaud the service centre guys who did a great job.[/b]
Guys, lets stick to the matter.

People,do mention Garage name,location, City/town, State in thread 'title' as it will help during a search.

If possible phone number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
I too give my Alto and Zen for service at Hi-tech ulloor Trivandrum. Know them for past 6 years.
Both persons who manage the Garage are very humble. I never had a problem with them till now .
will pass the message to the people.
Old 20th September 2010, 20:50   #62
Senior - BHPian

My Feedback on Maruti Nexus.

My esteem went in to nexus today for a basic engine tune up, oil change, oil sump overhaull, tail light bulb change and other smaller things. (sometimes one of the reverse light wouldn't turn on when the reverse gear was engaged)

Everything went smoothly. Then came the bill.
I saw something odd there. Rs- 675/ for a single tail light reverse bulb!!
I called my SA and asked him to explain. We to the spare part counter. The guy at the spare part counter tells me thats the rate.
I tell them no way Im paying this much for a stupid reverse bulb. For a little more I can get the whole assembly replaced.
My SA and the spare part counter guy and one the mech who changed the bulb try telling me that this is an original Suzuki bulb thats why its expensive. Imported and made in Japan!
Yeah right made in Japan!

I told them directly I'm not paying 675 for this bulb please remove it I will get it fixed somewhere else.
Thats when the customer relationship manager comes hearing me arguing at the spare part counter.
I tell him about this. He too tells me this is an original Suzuki bulb thats why its expensive.
I told him I got my figos entire tail light assembly changed for 980 or so and 675 is ridiculous for a bulb.
We both go behind the spare part counter and check the rate. We type in the part number on my bill its shows up as a H4 55W bulb!

After a little more searching we find the part number of a bulb with similar specs to the one fitted and the rate was Rs-125/
Got the bill changed and the bulb was billed at 125.

Now I never found the old bulb anywhere in the car.
Did these guys try pulling a fast one on me? Or was this a genuine mistake by nexus? This was my first visit.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 20th September 2010 at 20:53.
Old 20th September 2010, 20:54   #63
BHPian

Service Advisors are next to none in burning a hole in your pocket offering all extras like Teflon Coating/Under hood paint when we visit for service,Moreover they will not even respond when we say that the work was not done as required or the quality is not good.
Old 20th September 2010, 21:29   #64
BHPian

I would vote for "Improvement needed".

I have noticed that pure MASS (Maruti authorized service station) setups are better than dealer+MASS combo. The dealers would always try to over-commit and under-deliver. Items that are useless would be sold under the pretext that it is good for your car. Teflon coating is a classic example. The clutch overhaul is another ground for the dealers/MASS to extort money at the slightest complaint from an unsuspecting customer.

The reason why Maruti's A-S-S is rated highly is because of the large network of dealers+service centers. Even if there are few lemons, the overall opinion is on the better side. I once gave a poor customer feedback to the dealer (gave them an 8) which seemed to have worked in my favour. The dealer's rep visited my office and offered me some "goodies" to cover up my disappointment. Thereafter, whenever I visited the service station, I was given a preference (could drive in without prior appointment) and some of the work would not even be charged.

I have stopped visiting my dealer/MASS (Sai Service, Andheri) after the car's 3 year warranty expired. The dealer refused to offer me just the 4th year warranty on the pretext that I have to buy the 3rd+4th year package which didn't make sense as I already had the 3rd yr extended warranty. They also expected me to notify them a month prior to the warranty lapsing which made no sense to me. I switched to a MASS near my place which works well for me. The costs are reasonable, the people don't have the attitude and promises are kept.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 20th September 2010 at 21:34.
Old 4th October 2010, 17:18   #65
BHPian

I voted for "Improvement Needed" as the standard of servicing is getting degraded day by day. Dealerships in Pune have started fleecing customers in a big way. All my points are based on my interactions with the dealers that are closest to my place - Wonder Cars and Sai Service(Pune). Points are:-

1. No small touch ups are allowed in M.A.S.S(as per dealer). They asked me to get my whole side-panels painted just for a small scratch.
2. There was a noise coming from the car. Sounded like a loose nut. They first changed the front wheel bushes(This was done in guarantee as my car did not complete 2 years at that time). Still that didn't stop the noise. After that they changed the front wheel bearings. Still no luck. Then they asked me to change the steering wheel rack which i did not do as I was not satisfied with the explanation(My car had run 35k+ till now). I kept quiet for a while then again asked MASS(after 2-3 months) to check the noise. Now they say my rear wheel bearings have broken and that needs to be replaced.
I have written about this incident to Maruti. Lets see what they come up with.

I don't mind paying if the problem is genuine. The point that I am trying to highlight is that without even diagnosing they just shoot arrows in the dark.

In contrast there are 2 guys in Wonder Cars pune that I'd like to mention (Mr Grifith and Mr Roshan). These 2 people are really good at their work. They take interest in understanding the problem and then give proper solution. My bad luck Roshan has been shifted to other branch now. Rest all the SA's are crap.

BHPinas in pune please suggest me a good MASS where I can get my problem rectified and ask for a second opinion.
Old 4th October 2010, 18:09   #66
BHPian

Good experience

I generally get all work done at Auto Scan on BT Road, Bonhoogly, Kolkata.

They are most eager to solve even the smallest of problems. They are polite and quite competent. I have got paint job done, rear glass fitting, and clutch assembly replacement besides periodic servicing.

Even if a part is unavailable, they get it quickly.

They do not have a lot of space, and it becomes a bit difficult on sundays. So they often request to bring the car on a weekday or saturday.

They have never delayed the delivery of my vehicle. Auto Scan is strongly recommended for everyone in the north side of Kolkata.

I have also been to Dewar's garage (also a dealer) on British Indian street to get the axle changed on warranty. I had to demonstrate the unexpected sound for which I had to take the SA to a place quite far (Khidderpore), he fixed it within an hour and again went with me to check the problem. I faced no difficulty in claiming the extended warranty. Of course, this place requires advance booking.

I have voted outstanding because my expectation isnt too great. I dont care about the decorations at office or if I get beverages; but I look for a positive attitude to help, quality of service and on time delivery.

On all these parameters, I am very satisfied

Contact Numbers:
Auto Scan: 033-25312633/25310390/25315066
Dewar's Garage: 033-40214600
Old 4th October 2010, 18:12   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footloose15 View Post
BHPinas in pune please suggest me a good MASS where I can get my problem rectified and ask for a second opinion.
I know how they work. I am talking about MASS in general. I have posted my reviews on some other threads so not going to repeat it here.

Regarding your noise. Especially the bearing part. You can verify that yourself. What you have to do is, let's say you hear noise from the rear side, then put one of the wheels on jack. Now rotate it with your hand. If you hear a noise (somthing like a continuous grinding noise), then the bearing is damaged. If not, put that wheel down and shift the jack to other wheel. Repeat the previous step. This way you can check if there is a bearing faulty.

Regarding the bearings, I don't trust the Maruti genuine bearings. I had changed them once, it lasted exactly 8,000 kms. The normal life is 40,000 kms. Get SKF bearings. You can buy them near Modern Cafe, behind the Pashankar Honda showroom.
Old 4th October 2010, 18:53   #68
BHPian

Mohan Motors - Calcutta

I have visited Mohan Motors workshop twice so far and on both occasions, the experience has not been all that good. I will just mention my recent visit feedback as it is still fresh in my mind.

My latest visit was last month and was a 4th paid service. I went to them with 3 problems
1. There was a squeaking sound from the steering wheel
2. Suspensions were not behaving well. I could feel the vehicle jumping over the many potholes in Cal roads. While doing so, it would really get shaken up
3. There was too much vibrations even when the car was idling. So much so that the sound levels were getting irritating

I took a leaf out of a Team-BHP thread and suggested that they mechanic checks the engine mounts for the 3rd problem.

The staff there did a good job on the complaints. Now the suspension seems to be fine. THe drive is now good and more of a pleasure.

THe squeaking sound is gone. They said they had changed some fluid.

The engine mounts were worked upon and now the vibrations have gone and the car is silent with all windows rolled up.

Apart from this, they changed the coolant liquid, the engine oil and cleaned the filters.

I had another issue where the car would jerk start from first gear. Also in the second gear and third gear, it would slightly jerk forward with a 'thud' sound. This would happen specifically first time in the day.

I was told to change the clutch plates which I said no to. I would like your comments on what the problem could be.

After the servicing, however, they sent me back with 3 new problems.
1. A hissing sound from the AC vents when the AC is on
2. THe car really shakes scarily when the needle touches 80 kmph with the AC on. This never happened before
3. Wheel alignment has gone for a toss

THe one that takes the cake - just the next day after servicing, while driving the car, I halted at a long traffic junction and switched off the engine (which I normally do). Once the signal went green, the car went silent. It just wouldn't start. I had to pay a rickshaw puller some money and he pushed the car and I could start it then. This was late in the evening.

I went to the workshop the next morning (push start again) and explained my problem to the service advisor. He promptly diagnoized the problem as a dead battery (yes, the car is just about 2 years old and has done a little over 16500 kms).

I asked him if he was sure and he got another spare battery and showed that the car started with it. I agreed to buy a new battery for 3900/-.

But just as they were about to replace the old battery, I asked the advisor to see if there was a problem with the wires that connect to the battery. After much resistance, he agreed to check it. Lo and behold. the car started with the same 'dead' battery.

THis is when I lost my cool and had a long discussion with the GM of the workshop and gave a formal complaint.

TIll now, my complaints have not been attended to although the service advisor called and apologized to me.

I will definitely post my experiences when I visit them again.
Old 4th October 2010, 19:54   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
.. He promptly diagnoized the problem as a dead battery (yes, the car is just about 2 years old and has done a little over 16500 kms).

I asked him if he was sure and he got another spare battery and showed that the car started with it. I agreed to buy a new battery for 3900/-.
Again a typical case of SA trying to push some sales. All these troubles could be avoided if we put some effort to understand the car.

My personal motto is anything till 200/300 rupees is okay with SAs recommendation. Anything more than that needs a second opinion.

Regarding the 'dead' battery, it cannot die overnight. Even a battery in its twilight years would give couple of cranks. Yours was not giving any.

And with respect to the battery, Maruti service centers usually have Exide, which in my opinion, are inferior to Amaron. I had changed my cars battery in January 2007. It is close to 4 years now. Still going strong.

Last edited by shipnil : 4th October 2010 at 19:55.
Old 4th October 2010, 22:50   #70
Senior - BHPian

Sai Service - Andheri - Absolutely Crap - Everything Is normal, hard clutch, bad gearshifting , every thing is normal in a diesel car. Absolute Rubbish Place

Sai Service - Phoenix Mills - Absolutely crap with utter rude people. Treat you like you are a total loser when you say something is wrong with your car. Give you looks and make you feel like why did you even come here.

Spectra Motors (Ghatkopar) - Will never even acknowledge a problem. Same as Sai Service Andheri, everything for them is normal. Will do thuk patti kaam on a brand new car. The camber in my car was out because of a bent left strut. Car kept pulling to the left after service. Took it to them twice to sort it out. He hammered a Balancing weight between the strut and the wheel to make the wheel come out and sort the camber. Disgusting. Ideal solution is to replace the strut. When enquired how he solved the pulling, he said 'Sir Wheel rotating' when I could clearly see the wheels were right they were.

Ravi Automobiles ( Ghatkopar ) The god of all gods, does not entertain warranty claims as its only a MASS and not a dealer + service station.

Maruti has lost its charm. Maruti service stations don't give a damn about solving customer problems, they just want the vehicle in and out at the same day. Hell with the problems in a car.

I am rethinking my love for a maruti and mostly my next car would not be a Maruti.
Old 4th October 2010, 23:19   #71
Senior - BHPian

Surakshaa Car Care, Bangalore

Voted for Outstanding.

After selling my Fusion, both mine and wifey's cars are from the Maruti stable.
Mine being Gypsy and wifey's Alto.
Services have always been done only at Surakshaa Car Care Surakshaa - HOME
You could get in touch with Lokesh or Rajesh. For any body shop related stuff, you could get in touch with Girish.
They've been outstanding. Pick-up, drop facility, clean car, prompt calls about status, ensures every single problem is addressed.
People whom i've mentioned are technically very sound. Understand the problems, patient listeners.
There is definitely the personal touch.
Maybe it has something to do with the car (Gypsy)
I've also tried some petty work at Sagar and Mandovi. I would rate them both to be exceeding expectations.

Cheers,
Deepak

PS: This is purely my personal experience. Wifey acknowledges.

Last edited by starter : 4th October 2010 at 23:25. Reason: Missed the title.
Old 4th October 2010, 23:40   #72
BHPian

Hi,

I have been dealing with Spectra Motors, Malad for the last 8 years with all my cars viz. An 800 (now sold), 2 WagonR's (one now sold), a Zen (now sold), an Esteem, a Swift and a friend's D'zire.

I have always got excellent service from them but have to say that I deal with just one guy (SA) there - Anthony - so maybe that makes a difference. Also, running 3 Maruti's means I am a fairly regular - and fussy - customer and maybe that makes a difference as well. Having driven Maruti's for a long time, I usually know what a particular problem is due to and suggest the same to the SA.

Guarantee claims are painless - whether with normal or with extended warranty.

The people are courteous and I would definitely recommend them to anyone in the western suburbs - especially the above mentioned SA.

A small example : A Rs5 coin had got lodged in the A/C vents of my Esteem. It kept rolling from side to side whenever I took a turn - really annoying!! The Spectra guys removed the entire dashboard to get to the coin. There was no other way to do it. I was standing there and watched them. It took over two hours. Cost Rs. 800. I thought that was very fair as there were 3 guys working on the car.

Regards,
SS
Old 5th October 2010, 13:31   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
I have visited Mohan Motors workshop twice so far and on both occasions, the experience has not been all that good. I will just mention my recent visit feedback as it is still fresh in my mind.

I went to the workshop the next morning (push start again) and explained my problem to the service advisor. He promptly diagnoized the problem as a dead battery (yes, the car is just about 2 years old and has done a little over 16500 kms).

But just as they were about to replace the old battery, I asked the advisor to see if there was a problem with the wires that connect to the battery. After much resistance, he agreed to check it. Lo and behold. the car started with the same 'dead' battery.

I will definitely post my experiences when I visit them again.
Man, I just realized I have been DUPED in EXACTLY the same way at the SAME dealer ! Our Dzire which is around 2 years old suddenly started showing some warning indicators and we took it to Mohan Motors MASS.
On seeing the car, SA said battery has gone weak and that is why the indicators were showing (interestingly the battery warning indicator was not glowing). He suggested changing the battery, and showed us a demo where the warning lights disappeared. Now I realize that he took us for a ride and it was probably just loose wiring.

Could you PM me the details of who you escalated the problem to ? And the name of the SA ? This is a terrible shock !
Old 16th November 2010, 13:47   #74
BHPian

MASS in Alwar, Rajasthan

I had a very nice experience with Mr. Agarwal, the owner of Vertex MASS in Alwar, Rajasthan.
When ever there was a need, I refered him and the service was always above expectations.
All the problems were analysed with me and also the probable reasons of failure were explained to me.
The labour charges were also very reasonable.
However, I had only a year's experience with him as I got transfered to Pune.

My Verdict for Vertex Motors is Meets beyond expectations.
Old 16th November 2010, 14:23   #75
BHPian

My vote too is for 'Improvement Needed'. In all the two years of services I got done here in Wonder Cars, Pimpri MASS, it was not always a satisfying experience.
However,on the contrary, Mr. Amit is a good guy with some knowledge on regular occuring problems of cars. I meet only him, and get my 800 serviced.
Though he tries to charge too much for the labour costs, he atleast identifies the problem's solution correctly, many times.
Courtesy, receiveing etc are on the higher rating if I rate him, but he generally meets the expectations.
You can just check him out for your second opinion and let me know if your problem gets solved.
Also inform me if you find any other good mechanic in and around Pimple Saudagar, Aundh, Pimpri Chinchwad areas.
I got duped both at Sai Service and Millenium motors when I first came to Pune.
Due to the close proximity of Wonder cars beside my office, I tried this after the above two MASS and after two bad experiences here, I finally met Amit, whom I found a bit reliable.

Good Luck Footloose15 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by footloose15 View Post
I voted for "Improvement Needed" as the standard of servicing is getting degraded day by day. Dealerships in Pune have started fleecing customers in a big way. All my points are based on my interactions with the dealers that are closest to my place - Wonder Cars and Sai Service(Pune). Points are:-

1. No small touch ups are allowed in M.A.S.S(as per dealer). They asked me to get my whole side-panels painted just for a small scratch.
2. There was a noise coming from the car. Sounded like a loose nut. They first changed the front wheel bushes(This was done in guarantee as my car did not complete 2 years at that time). Still that didn't stop the noise. After that they changed the front wheel bearings. Still no luck. Then they asked me to change the steering wheel rack which i did not do as I was not satisfied with the explanation(My car had run 35k+ till now). I kept quiet for a while then again asked MASS(after 2-3 months) to check the noise. Now they say my rear wheel bearings have broken and that needs to be replaced.
I have written about this incident to Maruti. Lets see what they come up with.

I don't mind paying if the problem is genuine. The point that I am trying to highlight is that without even diagnosing they just shoot arrows in the dark.

In contrast there are 2 guys in Wonder Cars pune that I'd like to mention (Mr Grifith and Mr Roshan). These 2 people are really good at their work. They take interest in understanding the problem and then give proper solution. My bad luck Roshan has been shifted to other branch now. Rest all the SA's are crap.

Most Viewed