Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: How was your Maruti Suzuki authorised service expereince?
Excellent and Outstanding 26 12.50%
Exceeds your expectations 32 15.38%
Meets your expectations 76 36.54%
Below your expectations 46 22.12%
Improvement Needed 28 13.46%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2010, 17:09   #76
BANNED

CARS India ,Chennai

My Vote: Outstanding

After owning 2 Indica's i was thinking of buying Skoda for its brand image,solid build.but thats when i read few reviews on the skoda service problems and high spares cost.

So next was swift and it was not top of my mind as the waiting period was 2 months (lucky me ,now its 3 months).

I didnt have much idea about maruti's service and thought it will be like TATA. Actually i was under the assumption that Honda,Toyota and VW will have super service.

Now after owing swift for 2 years ,i would rate Maruti as the BEST ,if not maruti atleast my service station CARS India (it also depends on the SA assigned to you)

Any thing you ask them they are ready to do it,and they have delighted me in every service by cleaning ,correcting the small scratches without even asking me and all these Free of cost

They pick up from home and follow up is also very good,if there is some problem after service,even if its a smallest rattling they take the car again and correct it.

My friend owns a Honda CITY and remember they DO NOT pick up or drop,you need to follow up for service slot well in advance and need to wait at the dealership (sundaram honda).

Hyundai too does not pick up drop cars for service and if at all they do they charge Rs 350 for it and same with Chevvy too

Am unable to think of any other brand now for replacing my swift,i might go for a new 2011 swift !
Old 23rd November 2010, 17:57   #77
Senior - BHPian

I had the exact opposite experience with CARS India. Sent my car to their service center as it was involved in an accident and thought that since I bought the car from them, they would do a good job.

What happened was I had to do multiple calls to their Adyar and Perungudi branches and was never given a concrete answer on when the car would be delivered. They would say next Friday and when I go there, they would say that it would take another week. It was a very frustrating and disappointing experience really.

On top of that, when I got the car back, it had some extra scratches and the "Door change holder" was belonging to some other car make as it was very obviously jutting out and the door which was involved in the accident was not even aligned properly. My fault too, as I was in a hurry to pick up the vehicle and did not notice anything

Switched over to NSK, Kottivakkam from then on and it has been a very pleasant experience with them so far. They are non fussy, treat you courteously and do a good job. Let us see how they do when I give them the car for my first paid service later this week.
Old 27th December 2010, 13:33   #78
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki A.S.S Review By Owners

Voted: Below Your Expectations.

Took my month old Ritz for the first paid service at Vipul Motors, Sector 3, Noida. Before the Ritz I'd been using a year 2000 Santro which was being serviced at Capital Hyundai, Sector 2, Noida. As I've also posted on a thread regarding their services, the Capital Hyundai people are well informed about their vehicles and treat the customer with the utmost respect. I wasn't really expecting much from the MASS, atleast not as much as a Hyundai service center, but the service was really, really poor. The service advisor *did not* have any idea about the car, and the way they treated the car (swirl marks all round even after the wash) and me (the customer lounge is like waiting at a train station) left a lot to be desired. I'll be looking for better MASS around Noida/Ghaziabad now... any ideas?
Old 28th December 2010, 17:26   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted Exceeds You Expectations.

In all honesty, I cannot complain about MASS. They take care of all the problems I report, deliver within the (reasonable) estimate and on time, and any follow-up issues are tackled with aplomb.

My main grouse with them is that they seem very detached and almost cold at times. I have learned to accept that as professionalism but as Indians I suppose we like and appreciate the personal touch. Hyundai was outstanding in that department.

My experience is based on 2 Pune dealerships at opposite ends of town: MyCar at Wakad and Chowgule Motors at Katraj. The latter has a bit of a personal touch but since it's too far, I almost always end up going to MyCa which is very near my office.
Old 28th December 2010, 21:22   #80
Senior - BHPian

Also voted exceeds my expectations.
I had no issues with MASS for either of my 2 previous cars. In fact they wwere very helpful with the insurance claims and did not over commit to any work. I would still like to go in for a Maruti for my new car, but I dont like the Swift much. The SX4 diesel will probably stretch the budget; but will wait & watch
Hyundai has deteriorated the most - there are a few horror stories by some fellow bhpians about response to the i20 steering rattle issues.
Fiat/ Tata is better than before but they have a lot of ground to cover in this area
I have never experienced the other *** first hand, in my books Maruti *** still is near the top of the game, at least in Pune!
Old 31st December 2010, 12:06   #81
BHPian

My Vote: Excellent and Outstading

All our cars in my family have been from Maruti Suzuki for the past 14 years. I have never had issues with MASS taking care of my cars. Some times after service I get fed up of the followup calls I recieve from MASS enquiring about the condition of the car and how satisfied I am. If the service center gives me the run around 1 email or telephone call to Maruti Customer Care is enough to keep these guys on their toes.

Absolutely no complaint. I understand the build quality of Maruti Suzuki Cars compared to other manufacturers, but they do their best to keep their customers happy. Keep it up Maruthi Suzuki!!!!
Old 19th January 2011, 17:48   #82
Senior - BHPian

Voted: Below Expectations.
I have been servicing my old Zen @ Maruti Care Point at Shivajinagar.
They have a habit of replacing lot of parts (even though I have asked them to fix only a single problem). They tend to inflate the bill (Rs. 3000 would be their minimum target).
Just like some of the others, I would also like to know if there is a trusted mechanic available somewhere in Pune for Maruti Zen.
Old 12th July 2011, 21:10   #83
BHPian

I get my wife's Alto serviced by ABT Ambattur Chennai. If I were voting on this poll a couple of years ago, I would have voted for "Exceeds my expectations"
Off late , my wife and I find that they seem to be more interested in making money than giving you value for money. They keep pushing some extra services and even go to the extent of carrying out these extra services on the basis of an an enquiry (no approval given.) That's why I have voted for "meets my expectations"
regards,
Ashok
Old 12th July 2011, 23:32   #84
Senior - BHPian

I have been giving my Zen for service at Wonder Cars in Pimpri, and i must say the service so far has been below my expectation. The first true value free service saw the car come back with grease marks on the left fender and overdose of polish on the interior plastics.

Then the car had an electrical problem with the injector and to diagnose that they opened my engine, saying a valve was bent
Finally traced it to an electrical issue and got the car back with the interiors soiled and after all the engine opening and re-assembling, my timing belt is making noise now. Got to go back to set that right.

It may be only this service station, but i am disappointed. Expectations are always high with MASS and i am disappointed.
Old 2nd March 2012, 23:51   #85
Senior - BHPian

I am posting this in context with only the WASHING CLEANING portion of the services by the so called A.S.S. At these S.Stations when your car is sent for washing ,it is done in less then 15 mints. If you tell them why HSD is not used to remove oil and grease stains,the service adviser will give you a statement that HSD will spoil paint ,plastic parts, also shampoo is not used to wash the body, again same excuse of the paint getting spoilt.Adding more fuel to the fire they say Maruti is not allowing such type of washing methods. Today I got my Alto Washed at a service point near my home,they used HSD, SHAMPOO soap and brush to clean the tyres,sprayed oil on the suspension,washed under the car.Took them 3 hrs cost 350/-.....Pictures will tell you all.I fail to understand why these A.S.S. shy away from all these.
Next I got carried away and called mobile car shine service to polish the car with exterior and interior cleaning and paint protection and polishing.Charged me 2200/-. Photos will tell you all.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-gg-060.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-gg-062-copy.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-gg-064.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-gg-068.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-gg-070.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-gg-072.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-gg-073.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-gg-074.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-gg-077.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-gg-079.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-gg-080.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-gg-081.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-gg-082.jpg  

IQBAL VEERJI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 17:52   #86
BHPian

This question to Hyderabad people,
I am planning to buy Ertiga soon (hopefully), since there is no question of discounts/freebies for this car, I am open to take delivery from anywhere.
What do guys suggest best dealer in Hyderabad, just to list few:
Varun Motors
Saboo
Gems
and many others.

Thanks.
Old 18th April 2012, 21:47   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
This question to Hyderabad people,
I am planning to buy Ertiga soon (hopefully), since there is no question of discounts/freebies for this car, I am open to take delivery from anywhere.
What do guys suggest best dealer in Hyderabad, just to list few:
Varun Motors
Saboo
Gems
My experience with Varun Motors has been pleasant, except for delays in delivery. They do try to offer you an alternate color if you are in a hurry to get the car. They are willing to accept even Rs.1,000 as an advance payment so that's rarely an issue for them.

I would strongly advise you to avoid Mithra Motors. Firstly, they aren't customer focused and secondly they charge a 90% advance (the 90% advance makes me wary). They also do poorly on vehicle servicing.

I haven't dealt with Gems, but they have been expanding their marketing activities for their service network. You might want to try them if they are located close to where you are.

I had a go at getting servicing done at Saboo but at the service center closest to me, which is still a good distance away, they would only accept vehicles for the free service. I haven't dealt with them for new car purchases though.

You may want to check with someone on the forum who has dealt with Gems and Saboo. Sabby's name comes to mind - he's in Hyderabad so may have had some experience in dealing with them.

In terms of perception, I would rate the dealers as follows:
1. Varun Motors
2. Gems
3. Saboo

BTW, all Varun Motors service centers aren't the same - apparently, the one in Tolichowki should be avoided (according to word of mouth reports), but the one in Begumpet is simply the best (first-hand experience as well as word of mouth).
k_nitin_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 22:15   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
My experience with Varun Motors has been pleasant, except for delays in delivery. They do try to offer you an alternate color if you are in a hurry to get the car. They are willing to accept even Rs.1,000 as an advance payment so that's rarely an issue for them.

I would strongly advise you to avoid Mithra Motors. Firstly, they aren't customer focused and secondly they charge a 90% advance (the 90% advance makes me wary). They also do poorly on vehicle servicing.

I haven't dealt with Gems, but they have been expanding their marketing activities for their service network. You might want to try them if they are located close to where you are.

I had a go at getting servicing done at Saboo but at the service center closest to me, which is still a good distance away, they would only accept vehicles for the free service. I haven't dealt with them for new car purchases though.

You may want to check with someone on the forum who has dealt with Gems and Saboo. Sabby's name comes to mind - he's in Hyderabad so may have had some experience in dealing with them.

In terms of perception, I would rate the dealers as follows:
1. Varun Motors
2. Gems
3. Saboo

BTW, all Varun Motors service centers aren't the same - apparently, the one in Tolichowki should be avoided (according to word of mouth reports), but the one in Begumpet is simply the best (first-hand experience as well as word of mouth).
Thanks a lot for analysis and detailed feedback.
This is first time I am buying from Maruti, I used Honda and Hyundai so far.
Old 18th April 2012, 22:35   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Thanks a lot for analysis and detailed feedback.
This is first time I am buying from Maruti, I used Honda and Hyundai so far.
I'm sure you'll love your Maruti purchase. The ownership costs are very low compared to most other brands out there. The folks at the Varun Motors service center in Begumpet will make you wonder why you haven't bought a Maruti before - you'll truly get the VFM realization with a Maruti!

While you are at the showroom for the Ertiga, take a look at the Maruti SX4 too. I'm sure you'll find it comparable to a Honda in most aspects.
k_nitin_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 17:17   #90
BHPian

BRD car world Ltd, Konikkara, NH bypass, Thrissur.

I would rate their services excellent. Did 30K service of my Vdi there and they addressed all the issues pointed by me. Three days back, the starter motor has gone kaput. They had repaired it and cleared the bill with 0 cost to me in goodwill warranty as electrical parts have only 2 year warranty. They even released the car before they got warranty approval from Maruti. Highly recommended in Thrissur.

Most Viewed