Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: How was your Maruti Suzuki authorised service expereince?
Excellent and Outstanding 26 12.50%
Exceeds your expectations 32 15.38%
Meets your expectations 76 36.54%
Below your expectations 46 22.12%
Improvement Needed 28 13.46%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 17:45   #46
@ri
BHPian

Just wanted to bring up an important point from my perspective.
When we say A. S. S. to me it includes some other stuff as well.
1. The ease of availability of spares is one BIG thing. atleast rarely you would hear of a Maruti owner waiting for weeks and months for a particular part to arrive (best example FIAT).
2. The number of M.A.S.S. .... the sheer number of them spread all across the country atleast ensure that you are not stuck somewhere while on a Long Trip or something like that. Even in the smaller towns it is possible to find one.
3. The ON-THE-ROAD service of Maruti is really good and well networked. atleast they come within an hour. I know of an incident with one of my friends who was stuck with a Clutch Plate failure and was simply asked to get the car to the service center or just wait for 3 - 4 Hrs!!!! and this happened for a New Indica

Agreed that the individual service centers, some of them are really unscrupulous but this is common to all brands and everyone knows about Skoda!
Old 14th May 2010, 17:58   #47
BHPian

Owned a zen(brothers car), esteem (sold) & baleno till now, one major disappointment with Maruti A.S.S is their ability to analyze problems which are little complex, it is a case of trial and test to fix issues which i feel is disgusting. Expertise to analyze suspension & electrical issues is lacking at most place.

Most of the services centres in Bangalore are always loaded & it just happens one cannot get personalized attention for their cars. There are few service centres like Suraksha who do a pretty decent job with service but again there is deviation at times leaving a bad taste.

Overall - below expectation..
Old 14th May 2010, 18:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

Had a couple of experiences related to tuning my carb 800 with 2 different MASS.In one case the car almost broke down outside MASS with engine misifiring like that of a RE Bullet while in the second car the car just refused to start the next day it was brought after a tune up again from a MASS.When given the car for servicing at a local Petrol station,the attendant noticed the fuel filter fixed in the wrong way.The filter was last fitted at MASS.

Also on one occassion had gone to MASS for a new clutch cable, those guys fixed the cable so limp that i had trouble getting the car on the move inspite of having driven the car for more than 12 years.

The 1st paid service of the car cost be 5000 bucks at MASS.This was in 1997.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 14th May 2010 at 18:16.
Old 14th May 2010, 23:01   #49
BHPian

I too give my Alto and Zen for service at Hi-tech ulloor Trivandrum. Know them for past 6 years.
Both persons who manage the Garage are very humble. I never had a problem with them till now .
Old 15th May 2010, 07:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

Mohan Motors - Kolkata

They are normally flooded with cars for servicing. I've managed to build up a good rapport with the service advisor, spares guy, insurance cases person etc and have had a wonderful experience.

I must say that their fault identification and rectification capabilities or timeliness have not always been spot on - but what matters to me is their intent to take care of issues. Ever smiling, ever patient, very approachable and always willing to help. Makes one feel taken care of. 4.5 years of peace and counting.

Hey, I work in a service industry too and it's the same here. Client's will generally look for a perfect job, but they understand and tend to work together to a common goal if they sense that we have our priorities right and any issues hampering delivery are genuine.
Old 15th May 2010, 09:33   #51
BHPian

Machino Techno Kolkata
Have been doing servicing for the last 5 yrs in Machino and they have always done a great job.Have developed a rapport with the service advisor and the manager and so that helps.The service has always been hassle free and they also do provide a spare car if my car needs to stay there for more than a week.
Old 15th May 2010, 13:29   #52
vdi
BHPian

There were few scratches on my swift and SA at the Indus Kakkanad quoted me 4k and I got it done from outside and it cost me only 1300. I somehow got the feeling that these guys don't even understand the value of money. But for everything else they are just superb and am more than happy with their service.
Old 15th May 2010, 16:53   #53
BHPian

How they made me sell my car! A relationship with a bitter end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
There were few scratches on my swift and SA at the Indus Kakkanad quoted me 4k and I got it done from outside and it cost me only 1300. I somehow got the feeling that these guys don't even understand the value of money. But for everything else they are just superb and am more than happy with their service.
Lucky Guy! Indus Kakkanad made me sell my car.

Front gate hit the dickey door while opening. And a perfectly small dent was there which was about 5 cm long. Indus worked on it and flattened it. New paint was applied. In the process lost two decals and a floor mat. Paint particles were all over on door pads, handles,mirror and carpet! I was charged Rs. 1000/- after insurance claim. The original quote they provided was for Rs. 6500/- without any claim! Took 5 days(6 including Sunday) for the entire "process"!

Driving through inroads, the dickey was rattling! Some pins on the dickey panel was missing and some where broken! The dickey was also not closing properly(thankfully no sound)!

On another instance, the vehicle seemed to jerk once in a while when releasing accelerator! A throttle body cleaning, Injector cleaning, brake cleaning and wheel balancing was done for this together with "regular paid service". And there goes Rs. 2800/- and problem was still there. Came home, searched the net, disconnected the battery and kept it for a day like that. Reconnected and drove!!! Volia! No problemo!

Got 9 calls from Indus asking for Feedback of a single service and that too from the same "voice" and same number! The not so sweet lady who just called me will again call and ask "How was the service Sir?". On first call, I told everything. On second call I told that she just called me once.
Seems like Indus was doing some training for call center and they picked me to train their vocal chords!

This incident repeated 3-4 times(One set of two calls back to back - each week) and finally after 1 month of service some "Guy" called me and gave me two options- 1)You can buy the mat. We will reimburse you the cost 2) You will get discount on next service"

Discount on next service! Huh! I offered him just a simple counter solution! Buy back the car from me!

Sold the vehicle (not to True-Value whose quote didn`t seem to have any value).

What Indus or Maruti failed was on quality! I never mind spending on my car for bringing it to perfection. But quality of workmanship and quality of service is what I go for!

Thank you Indus Kakkanad! Thank you Maruti/Suzuki! But not again! Not again!

PS:- Had some very good experiences with Indus, Thevara! But at that time I had people who knew me there!
Old 16th May 2010, 09:14   #54
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
Lucky Guy! Indus Kakkanad made me sell my car.

PS:- Had some very good experiences with Indus, Thevara! But at that time I had people who knew me there!
I know that for every other person there will be a different experience.

I have some issues with my rear/left bearings and a humming kind of sound started coming immediatly after the 1st service from AVG Kottayam. Interestignly no body could find from where the sound is coming and I tried both Indus Kalamassery and Kakkanad. Thought I will have to live with that noise and one day there was some other issue and the mechanic came with me for the test drive and I told him about this and he immediatly identified the issue and changed the bearing. The funniest thing is I have done 19K km by that time with out any other issues.

I have some interesting stories to tell the way they have tried to find out the noise initially at Indus Kakkanda.

As you mentioned, if you know people then things get done the way you wish.
Old 16th May 2010, 14:06   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Please name the delaer, it would help others to make an informed decision.

Popular?
If my knowledge is correct, it's gonna be Indus Motors !
Old 16th May 2010, 21:07   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
I know that for every other person there will be a different experience...............
I have some interesting stories to tell the way they have tried to find out the noise initially at Indus Kakkanda.
As you mentioned, if you know people then things get done the way you wish.
To name a few interesting ways of TESTING a car - Red line revving in neutral, induced wheel spin, engage hand brake and drive, getting your car directly out fast to scare the oncoming vehicles on main road, using your car to pick other cars for service from - Jairaj flats - NPOL-Kakkand busstop-Link valley and finally drop you at Infopark(and god knows which return route they took!), Driving through non tarred, stone laid roads to test the rattling, and finally sudden braking with wheel lock +rubber burning smell.

Is all these normal in other service stations? I cant understand why they do it all in front of customer or when customer is in the car! Testing vehicle on public road! May be they are TOO TRANSPARENT!
Old 16th May 2010, 22:33   #57
Senior - BHPian

voted for #2 from bottom. In my eight years of Maruti ownership, I find the service, enthusiasm and integrity of MASS decreasing by the day. Probably cut-throat competition (till recently, city like Pune had about 7 dealers) and mechanics' incentives/wages linked to the amount billed to the customer is driving them to squeeze every customer.

Snapshot of my latest experiences with (dealer) MASS:
  1. No counter sale of spare parts, even for small DIY things they want your car in the workshop
  2. They mislead gullible customers by suggesting works that may not be needed at that moment (I was conned twice- suspension bush and clutch overhaul)- inflating bill (and thus the cut that mechanic/SA makes).
  3. No personal touch.
  4. Think customers are fool or they are really untrained. One SA at a MASS told me 20w50 oil is for Diesel engines, not meant for MPFI petrol cars like WagonR.
Smaller MASSes are better, but, they do not have all the spare parts in stock most of the time and they lack proper equipment (e.g. Lift/Jacks etc). Connected the jack at non-stiffened portion and bent the metal edge (weld joint) on the running board.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 16th May 2010 at 22:50. Reason: minor correction
Old 16th May 2010, 22:41   #58
Senior - BHPian

Voted for meets expectations.
But in general :

1) Spares of cars like Baleno are now a bit hard to procure.

2) Maintenance cost for items that need replacement the most is slightly on higher side.

3) In all service centers, irrespective of manufacturers, our cars are not handled well. Rough is the best word to describe how our cars are handled.

4) The method of scaring the customer to get the job done is going up very fast. Like if you dont do bleeding, your brakes will fail.
Old 17th May 2010, 11:49   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
If my knowledge is correct, it's gonna be Indus Motors !
Are you sure? Going by other members experiences and mine, Indus sure does fit the bill.

I got a review call from Indus (not from Maruti) last week and i told them i was not satisfied with the service and told them about the things which went wrong. Two days later the SA called me up to discuss about it and told me if i bring them the vehicle they will do it to my satisfaction.
Old 17th May 2010, 12:00   #60
Senior - BHPian

We had a 1992 Maruti 800 which made way to Santro Xing in 2006. Till 2006, there was only one dealer of Maruti in Baroda - Kiran Motors. They were quite good till Aug 2003(the last of bad experiences from M.A.S.S) after which they became way greedy and exploited us to extract more money for even small repairs. We promptly switched to an independent garage and noticed less visits to garage for 3 years.

Most Viewed