Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How was your Maruti Suzuki authorised service expereince?
Excellent and Outstanding 26 12.50%
Exceeds your expectations 32 15.38%
Meets your expectations 76 36.54%
Below your expectations 46 22.12%
Improvement Needed 28 13.46%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2013, 14:55   #106
Senior - BHPian

Body work done well! :)

Got my car today and Popular Maruti has done a really good job this time! Now after the refinishing its not easy to make out that the roof has been worked upon. The leveling is really good considering the damage and the paint finish is almost factory finish like. When they came to meet me at my home they said that they have one of the best body shops in town, now from the result it looks like its as good as claimed.

They have changed the left hand side roof molding which was damaged by the tree branch and i've not been charged for that even though i was willing to pay. The interiors have been cleaned and there are no grease stains on the roof lining or anywhere else inside the vehicle.

Pic of the roof: Looks good!
Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-20130510_122857.jpg

To prevent such a thing from happening again Popular said that they have made a few changes internally, including additional manpower for quality checking, so that each vehicle is scrutinised better before its delivered to the customer.

The response by Maruti and Popular has been terrific, and if they can deliver the same kind of quality consistently i don't see why i should change the brand

Last edited by Sankar : 10th May 2013 at 15:09.
Old 14th May 2013, 15:28   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki A.S.S Review By Owners

Pune folks, need some help here.
I have a 2010 Swift petrol , which is due for its 3rd year service soon. I am contemplating using one of the below options :
- Chowgule Katraj MASS : whom I bought the car from. Other end of the town , and I feel is expensive. Dropping the car off and picking it up again is a major hassle due to the distance.
- Sai Service Hinjewadi MASS : Walking distance from my workplace. Hassle free drop and pickup as far as I see it. I dont know anyone who has serviced here though, and I dont know how expensive they will be either.
- FNG : The car is has 3 yr warranty , which would expire in a couple of days. Otherwise I do know a reasonably cost effective guy , same person who takes care of our Indigo.

Any inputs ?
Old 22nd May 2013, 20:13   #108
BHPian

My friend bought a Maruti Suzuki Swift Vxi around 15 days back and went for its first service today at Rana Motors Workshop in Okhla, New Delhi.
He had already made a booking for today for around 7 am and was confirmed that they start working from 7 am and would get the vehicle by 9.30am. Although when he reached the workshop the SA told him that they only start working at 9 and can deliver the vehicle by 11.30 am. Still no problem. My friend left the car.
Took the delivery of the vehicle around 12 noon and headed home. After reaching home as he tried to connect the head unit mouth piece , he saw that the socket that connects to the HU was damaged severely. The HU was Kenwood 8016bt.
He called up the SA - Mr.Vinay and told him of the problem and was clearly made aware that the HU costs 18k and the repairs charges are around 3-4k( quoted by kenwood). He was having lunch at that time and said that he would checkup with the workers. No positive response received later as well. Then my friend asked for a senior's number . The number was dialled several times but no answer.
Again Mr. Vinay was called but he had no solution and said that the GM is on leave today and will see if something can be done tomorrow. All in all no resolution.

Finally Maruti customer service was called and a complaint has been registered. But i am not sure if Maruti would be helpful in such a situation. Lets see.

Rana Motors Feedback Score 0/10

Lets see if they do something good and improve this.

Here is the image
Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-image2047114126.jpg

Last edited by k2max6 : 22nd May 2013 at 20:14.
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 10:45   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Any inputs ?
I have had a good experience so far at Sai Service. It went bad on two of the 8 times and they promptly corrected their actions to ensure the result was upto my satisfaction. The only difference is that I always hang around at the service station when my car is being serviced.
Old 24th May 2013, 14:55   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I have had a good experience so far at Sai Service. It went bad on two of the 8 times and they promptly corrected their actions to ensure the result was upto my satisfaction. The only difference is that I always hang around at the service station when my car is being serviced.

Mine was a mixed bag at Sai Hinjewadi.

While the car definitely feels a tiny bit perkier than before , I have a couple of sore points.

- I had complained of rattling from the front dashboard. In response , they touched the engine struts and fiddled (greased? tightened? refitted?) with them. Now the car intermittently gives out "vibrations" in the gear lever and pedals at idle speeds , especially at cold start. But this happens roughly 50% of the time and so havent taken it back to them.
- Cost.
For an oil change, throttle body cleaning (yes, I fell for this) and a brake "overhaul" (yes, fell for this too), my bill crossed Rs.5k.
This is definitely on the pricier side.
Old 24th May 2013, 15:13   #111
Senior - BHPian

I have been serivicing my Swift at kalyani Mysore road A.S.S. So far my experience has been excellent. I go there personally for servicing, explain the issue with the SA (I ensure tp Get the same SA each time- advance booking here helps) Agree on all the works that need to be done during service and sign on the Job card. Instruct SA not to work on anything extra without your concurrence. This will take <30 min and I tend to reach there at 9 am and leave by 9-30am. I get dropped back at home in Kalyani's shuttle car. I then go back to collect the car in the evening. Take a test drive along with the mechanic who has fixed my car. Ensure all the tasks told are done. reconfirm the same with the mechanic while test drive. Ask questions on his observation and anything else that might go wrong in the immediate future. Check the invoice and pay the bill. All this takes about 45 min to 1 hr depending of the test drive duration and the load in service center on that day. Drive back home :-). Rarely I go back to get something fixed. When I do go I get priority attention as there was an isssue that needs to be corrected.
Old 24th December 2013, 22:52   #112
BHPian

My Swift Vdi has reached 50K KM service and I was planning to get it done at Hi-Tech, Uloor, Tvm based on recommendation of BHPns in this thread. But I came to know that the proprietors of the workshop had a split and and started another unit somewhere. So I want to know if this M.A.S.S is still recommended? Any feedback on Sreekaryam automobiles at Sreekaryam?
Old 21st February 2017, 21:54   #113
BHPian

Varun Motors' Service centre has ruined my Maruti 800!

I own a 2003 Maruti Suzuki 800 which is our family's workhorse. Since last week Varun Motors have been calling me to bring in the car for servicing and I did last sunday on 19/2/2017 at Varun Motor's service centre in Malakpet, Hyderabad. They dilly-dallied the car's servicing and handed it over to me just a couple of hours ago.

Now this car was perfect till Sunday. For the handover, they made me wait for hours, which is fine - I want them to do a good job and not botch things up in haste. When I took over the car, I noticed one major issue instantly. Acceleration. The car was struggling to reach 40kmph! Imagine not being able to travel at 40kmph in a city traffic. And that was not all, the gear change was not happening, brakes were ineffective! Of all the things, brakes were not working. We replaced the brake pads just last year in May 2016 and for some reason the service centre decided to change them again. This turned into a nightmare.

We really were in a hurry and reached home struggling with speed, struggling with brakes and struggling with gears. And instantly we called up the service centre and spoke to our representative. He nonchalantly refuted all our complaints. When I asked him to give the phone to his manager, he - while on the line- asked his colleague to speak as the manager. And this person had the gall to tell me that it is not their problem and the car will take care of itself. They said that car will take care of itself!

This made me angry and feel cheated. I called up the Maruti Suzuki call centre, they were really patient in hearing me out and took my complaint in. For 13 years we've stuck to this car and not moving onto better models. And it has been paralysed in the course of 3 days and the service centre is refusing to take any responsibility. This is the most irresponsible people at work I've ever seen at a Maruti Suzuki centre.

I now hope that Maruti Suzuki will try to find a solution and help fix the car. I'll update to thread as the events progress.
Monolithic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 23:22   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Varun Motors' Service centre has ruined my Maruti 800!

Hope you have taken receipts for all the work carried out.These must be preserved. Prior to this, please tell the Varun Motors chaps that you may approach the local press or even go to the consumer court. If this does not rattle them, go ahead.

Please take help of a local press correspondent to publicise the matter. List down the several faults that have creeped in and hand over a copy of the receipt and the faults to the press correspondent ,also telling about your ordeal.

If you have a lawyer known to you, firstly send them a legal notice giving 30 days time for rectification of all the faults free of cost. The legal notice may list a compensation of Rs 200,000=00 (alongwith the costs of the court case) for the mental agony, harassment, loss of self-esteem and damage to the car.

This is enough to rattle them to run for cover. If not, do go to the consumer court to teach them a lesson for their life.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 21st February 2017 at 23:29.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 23:33   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Hope you have taken receipts for all the work carried out.These must be preserved. Prior to this, please tell the Varun Motors chaps that you may approach the local press or even go to the consumer court. If this does not rattle them, go ahead.
Thanks! I have all the receipts with me, made scan and copies of them. I'll talk about the press and consumer court first thing in the morning tomorrow. I'll look into the legal notice.

Should I wait for Maruti to respond? They've taken my complaint.
Monolithic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 23:44   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Assuming they haven't changed anything in your car with defective/old spares from some other car, this is what I can conclude

-They have botched up your clutch settings. The low pickup and gear shifting issue will go after proper clutch setting.

-They haven't properly installed new brake pads/bled your brake lines.

If you want to escalate, give an application to MSIL's regional office in Hyderabad. Then escalate to MSIL's customer care and also email them. If this doesn't work out, then only you should think about legal way.

MSIL takes complaints very seriously.

One more thing, please don't drive your car with screwed up clutch setting. You may fry your clutch. These dealer owned workshops often deliberately set such settings wrong as this will fry your clutch within 100kms, and then you'll again visit them for an expensive overhaul!! This has happened to me also- I visited dealer workshop for alignment, and the mechanic adjusted the clutch even without asking. I sensed that car isn't working properly, and immediately took my car to my trusted MASS and got it fixed by my SA.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 23:50   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
Thanks! I have all the receipts with me, made scan and copies of them. I'll talk about the press and consumer court first thing in the morning tomorrow. I'll look into the legal notice.

Should I wait for Maruti to respond? They've taken my complaint.
You can talk to the press straightway as its against the MSIL local dealer. You can tell the press that you are awaiting the response from MSIL.

For the legal notice and the court case, please wait for the MSIL response. If no response is received in two weeks, send a reminder. Just give them 30 days in all.
Old 21st February 2017, 23:51   #118
BHPian

Quote:
I own a 2003 Maruti Suzuki 800 which is our family's workhorse. Since last week Varun Motors have been calling me to bring in the car for servicing and I did last sunday on 19/2/2017 at Varun Motor's service centre in Malakpet, Hyderabad. They dilly-dallied the car's servicing and handed it over to me just a couple of hours ago.
Was your car getting serviced at this workshop only for all these years? Otherwise I wonder why they were calling you to get it serviced.
Old 21st February 2017, 23:57   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
You can talk to the press straightway as its against the MSIL local dealer. You can tell the press that you are awaiting the response from MSIL.

For the legal notice and the court case, please wait for the MSIL response. If no response is received in two weeks, send a reminder. Just give them 30 days in all.
Yeah, that is what I was thinking too. I'll hold on to the legal notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Was your car getting serviced at this workshop only for all these years? Otherwise I wonder why they were calling you to get it serviced.
Yeah, we always gave the car to these guys. Varun Motor's does not really tell us to take car to one specific place, but this is the one close to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Assuming they haven't changed anything in your car with defective/old spares from some other car, this is what I can conclude

-They have botched up your clutch settings. The low pickup and gear shifting issue will go after proper clutch setting.

-They haven't properly installed new brake pads/bled your brake lines.

If you want to escalate, give an application to MSIL's regional office in Hyderabad. Then escalate to MSIL's customer care and also email them. If this doesn't work out, then only you should think about legal way.

MSIL takes complaints very seriously.

i
I'll contact the Hyderabad office of MSIL tomorrow and apprise them of my complaint and the situation. They've already take my complaint through the customer care. So, things should be back to normal with the clutch setting?

Last edited by Monolithic : 21st February 2017 at 23:59.
Old 22nd February 2017, 00:05   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'll contact the Hyderabad office of MSIL tomorrow and apprise them of my complaint and the situation. They've already take my complaint through the customer care. So, things should be back to normal with the clutch setting?
I guess yes. Some dealers can be really unethical and swap spares. Fingers crossed in your case. If they haven't changed anything then most probably it is the clutch setting.

BTW which variant of 800 is this?? MPFI or carb??

Edit:-

Address of MSIL's regional office
Mahavir Chambers, Door No. 3-6-363 & 3-6-1/1 Chamber Bearing No. 101 & 102, 1st Floor, Liberty Square Stanza, Himayatnagar,
Hyderabad- 500029
040-66729999
040-66250102

Last edited by Leoshashi : 22nd February 2017 at 00:07.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks