Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/80933-maruti-suzuki-s-s-review-owners.html)

Hi All,

inspiration of this thread comes from other similar threads existing for Fiat, Honda and Hyundai. Maruti Suzuki being the largest player in India should not be left out.

Poll is copied from similar threads existing for other manufacturers. (Links are given below if you wish to check them out).

Excellent & Outstanding - Perfect on time execution, very knowledgeable, strong skills & competencies, Rated high on both quality of work and end results.

Exceeds Your Expectation - Exceeds expectations significantly and consistently every time. Proactive in getting things checked and fixed.

Meets Your Expectation - Knowledgeable in essential skills. All services and repairs are fixed to your expectations. On time delivery.

Below Your Expectation - Not being treated on priority, Demonstrates average skills/ knowledge in most of the essential tasks. Needs continuous and close supervision from your end.

Improvement Needed - Quality of work has been consistently falling short of requirements. Not satisfied with overall experience.

Please give us your honest review and opinion of Maruti Suzuki A.S.Sbased on your (and yours only) experience with them.

Cheers,
Sankar.

Fiat:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ers-speak.html

Honda:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ners-only.html

Hyundai:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ners-only.html

I find no problems with Maruti A.S.S. Rarely, there might be some issues which also when brought to their attention, they deal with it very well.

Exceeded Expectations-

Why?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...est-night.html

So far so good. First of all my swift is extremely reliable. Nothings went wrong in four year of ownership.MASS has been excellent in Bangalore, specially Mandovi. They generally exceeded my expectation. Hope & wish to continue such a wonderful experience with them.

All my experiences are with Mandovi, Yeshwantpura and they met my expectations most of the times.

I'm confused whether to vote for 'Below my expectations' or 'Needs improvement'. But I'm voting for 'Needs improvement' with the hope that they do improve.

I took my A-Star for its 1st service at Indus Motors, Mettukada (Tvm) service centre. I asked them to do under body coating (black coloured) and install a pair of Bosch FC4 horns.

All done, i collected my car in the evening and went home and opened the hood and tried to prop it up to find that the hood stay is missing from its resting slot!!:Shockked: Instead of it being tucked in its place, the rod was found lying over the engine with one end on the right wheel arch!!! Due to my good fortune the damn rod didn't get into the radiator fan while i was on my way home. Called up the SA and gave him an earful!

I don't know why anyone would want to remove the hood stay rod while servicing? Anyway i put it back in its place, but one of the plastic 'snap in' type legs
was gone. But the rod is still sitting there without any issues.

Do Maruti still send the customer feedback forms like they used to? I hope they send me one soon.

Next day i was washing the car, since it was a hartal day, and i found that those idiots had sprayed the anti-rust carelessly, now there's a light over spray on a-pillar and bumpers. Its not bad, not easily noticeable, but still it shouldn't be there.

Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-dsc01491.jpg

Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-dsc01492.jpg

Maintenance cost is getting high day by day. On the first service i was charged about 2K just for washing and oil change. Nothing else. Also they gifted some swirl marks and deep scratches to my car:Frustratifor which she cries to get the polishing job done.
The experience with KTL MASS was a bit shoddy. The way the drivers and mechanics drive the car inside the service station is pathetic. I was shocked to see the cars being driven as derby cars with revving them at full throttle and unnecessary sudden jerk braking. One guy even tried to do so but was unable to control the car as the floor was wet. The car slipped (maruti 800 E3) and kissed the rear of a Wagon r. It was found that the driver was none other than the Cleaner himself. After getting some scratches on the rear door the car was given the cutter Polish treatment silently (actually it was the Waxpol Rubbing compound).
I think Maruti should do something in this regard or atleast provide some terms and conditions on the service booklet that your car will be driven in that way in SS so that one can decide to take it to them or not.

Based on my experience after owning a Zen back when I sold it in 2004 & currently driving a Alto in my In-Law's place, I would rate them to 'Need Improvement'.

1. ABT Maruti, Chennai
- The air conditioner was not cooling to perfection and wanted this to be checked. It was over 3 years and I would expect them to fill the A/C gas. But, they were recommending me to replace the condenser unit.

2. AVG Motors, Kozhencherry, Kerala
- A simple dent on the door which would require only a minor tinkering and paint job. The SA was advicing my in-law to replace the complete door unit since the crumble zones would have got affected & blah blah. She got it done under Insurance anyway!

Both these experiences made them look like 'Cheats'!

Here's my take on 2 service centers in Bangalore North

1 - RNS Motors Ypr, Bangalore

Have been a customer of theirs for quite some time and while I used to own my baleno I couldn't have thought of a better place to get it serviced from.
I particularly stuck to 2 SA's Mr. Kumar and Mr.Sachin Crasta from RNS. Both new the kind of stickler I was when it come to my baleno.
You can find my ownership threads here , here and here.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 1389930)
Every time I left the car for servicing the bill never crossed the 750Rs mark. Haven't really changed any spares on the car and cant comment. For once I fried the clutch after getting the FFE done, apart from that no parts needed replacement and this is for the full 38k kms done.Brake pads were replaced as per the manual and that's it.

Spares

I agree that some of the spares are darn expensive , however the baleno being a product of MUL am sure there wont be any problems with the spares.Have seen people on this very forum harping about not finding spares and I think this could be a one off instance.
Definitely scores over the spare pricing incomparo to other manufacturers.

Maintainence

I am sure she would be light on your pockets if maintained really well and if all service schedules are followed approriately.Cheap labor at MASS is the blessing in disguise. You dont wanna go to the dealership you always have the choice of going to local MASS.
No wonder why we so many baleno's/esteems/gypsies in the rally scene here in India.

Service network

No comments, you chaps know better than me.

Folks at RNS

Big shout to Mr.Kumar and Sachin from RNS for taking such good care of my car whenever I left it with you.Both these chaps have quit RNS apparently and most of the older folks at RNS.
Those endless hours spent by you guys standing by my car, ensuring that no one drives it around for a test drive. Go that extra mile to
ensure my car was delivered as per my satisfaction. RNS sure has lost 2 feathers in their cap. All the very best to you guys where-ever you are.
She lived up to my expectations and being truly a " Poor mans fast car " .

Apparently both the SA's quit RNS and I even had a bad experience when I went to pay the insurance in 2009. I decided that's it and called it quits with RNS even though we own an Alto Driven by dad.

Fellow members vid6639 and theMAG can vouch for the kind of service delivered from RNS , Ypr during those good ole days. Those of you who dint know Sam's Evil Twins was also serviced at RNS during its stay in Bangalore.
RNS has been a mixed bag coz they could never get the Alto's timing right whereas my baleno was brilliantly done up by them . So I finally decided to call it quits with them.

2 - NEXUS , New BEL Road

Blessing in disguise should I say ? I walk in one day to get the baleno's bumper painted before selling it and I find Sachin Crasta there who comes running as soon as he sees me.Well news is that he has joined as the Service Works Manager in Nexus.

I continue to receive the same kind of service for the Alto from Nexus. With Sachin around,I barely need to loose my temper. I walk in there he calls for a SA, I tell him what needs to be checked and only those specific works are carried out.

Currently 4 of my colleagues cars are being serviced at NEXUS and each one of them is completely satisfied with their service.
I will give NEXUS a 9/10 rating for their work. Excellent paint booth available, neatly maintained service bays and an excellent area de-marked for pressure wash.

Just voted 3. I have been to almost all the service stations in Noida and a few in East Delhi. Some exceeded the expectations while majority of 'em fell short of meeting expectation and few needed improvement; hence voted average here.

Great initiative Sankar.

I was regular at SaiService, lower parel. They have a huge inflow of vehicles for service. They have a target of rolling out 100 vehicles per day. Many a times i felt that they have huge pressure to meet this target and use a lot of short cuts to achieve it. I feel that people has false image of Maruti A.S.S. being good. I think that its the omnipresence more than the quality of service that creates this false illusion.

PS: despite this, its better than many others

Quote:

Originally Posted by benzinblut (Post 1872547)
I was regular at SaiService, lower parel. They have a huge inflow of vehicles for service. They have a target of rolling out 100 vehicles per day. Many a times i felt that they have huge pressure to meet this target and use a lot of short cuts to achieve it. I feel that people has false image of Maruti A.S.S. being good. I think that its the omnipresence more than the quality of service that creates this false illusion.

PS: despite this, its better than many others

agree: completely. It's not the QoS of M.A.S.S that is excellent and outstanding; rather their presence in every nook and corner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsag12 (Post 1872167)
Maintenance cost is getting high day by day. On the first service i was charged about 2K just for washing and oil change. Nothing else.

Agree with you! The cost of maintenance is not particularly low as claimed by Maruti fanboys. I distinctly remember paying at least 3k whenever I got my car serviced. And it was still half this amount during the free service cycles.

I get my Zen serviced from Chowgule at Katraj, Pune and I must say the service is below my expectations. I'm yet to receive a clean vehicle from them after servicing. On every visit it has happened that the car they claimed ready and washed wasn't washed at all. And they washed it in front of me. Moreover, they keep recommend car paint protection, engine carbo cleaning etc. Complaints like rattling windows and doors are neglected while I see labor charges for the same in the bill. And during TD if you pointed out that the issues still existed, the executive gives you some nonsense reasons.

Last year they charged me 1.5k extra for some broken oil seal. That piece under the bonnet was not broken before I handed over the car to them for regular servicing.

My verdict Below Your Expectation

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsag12 (Post 1872167)
Maintenance cost is getting high day by day.

+1 to that. My Swift P 10k service costed me Rs.3,000/-:Shockked:

Well, my 800 was serviced for 4K+ at the 25K service. They added quite a few things that were not necessary.

But overall, it's been "met expectations" from my experiences at Mandovi/Bimal/RNS.