Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 17:51   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Well well well...
With all due respect, why would a person do this in the first place???????

A guy commits 28 lakh rupees to buy a thing, takes home another thing (that's worth the same money but does not belong to him and which is not the one he actually bought) for a few days till the thing he actually wanted to buy would become available!!!

Why???

What's the deal if the first car that he took home meets with an accident before he could return it?

And why the hell should Volkswagen get into this?

Last edited by anandpadhye : 14th May 2010 at 17:53.
Old 14th May 2010, 18:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
After getting into details he got to know that the car that was given to him at the day of the inauguration was infact a 2010 car, and the car that he got after a couple of days was infact a 2009 car.
How exactly did he get to know this? Meaning what info is he considering to distinguish a 2010 from a 2009?

Quote:
To add to the dealership's credit, they got the registration done on a 2009 car and got the insurance made on a 2010 car (the one which was delivered at the time of inauguration).
The most bizzare part of a fairly bizzare story. How was this done? Different VIN, Chassis, engine nos et al?
Old 14th May 2010, 18:23   #18
BHPian

something wrong with the facts. Both the dealer and your friend would be guilty of misconduct in this case. I dont know how VW will solve this problem. are we discussing cars or something else in this case ? take 2009 model drive for 4 days and then replace it with a new one in 4 days. can you show some documentation ? or otherwise mods should close this discussion.
Old 15th May 2010, 07:59   #19
BHPian

ok
there seems to be some confusion.

for all of you to know, the 2009 and 2010 car has different features & interiors.

below is the mail directly from the horse's mouth i.e. my friend. he has given the entire clarification..

Hey! Samyak

Some facts:

1. Car shown to us was a 2010 (features) model car and the same was delivered. We had only confirmed our purchase after seeing this car and the car was used for 4 days – 675 kms.
2. Insurance cover note, bank loan agreement mention engine no & chassis no of the 2010 features car delivered originally. The dealership got the registration done after more than 30 days, did not give us the registration till February, no invoice has still been given.
3. On 23.11.09 the original car was delivered to us – 2010 features car. On 26.11.09 they suddenly called us and switched the car saying that the original car saying the original car was 2009 features car and they are giving us a 2010 features car.
4. We had bought the car, even before the showroom opened in Indore. They were working from a temporary showroom. The 2009 features car delivered later on was not even in the state of MP when the original car was delivered.
5. It’s not just the difference of year in the car, features are different and we had liked the 2010 features car.
6. We believed in the dealership, that’s our major fault. The owner of the dealership has confessed his wrong doing and so has VW India. So after committing the fraud, why shouldn’t they replace the car?

Hope you will post these facts. Thanks buddy J

Raj

@anandpadhye

that is why the dealerships never give the delivery of the car without insurance.
i think its a norm that they need to follow.

@ all

a legal notice has been sent to M/s Shirani Automobiles. All the facts are stated clearly in the notice.
would me posting them here help clear the confusion??

Last edited by Dippy : 17th May 2010 at 11:12. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 17th May 2010, 11:03   #20
BHPian

The representatives from Volkswagen were to come and meet my friend's father on saturday morning.

yet to hear from them.
Old 17th May 2010, 13:57   #21
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Am mentioned by many in the above posts. The facts seem to be muddled up or incorrectly stated, they just can't be as presently stated, there is an error in understanding the situation.

Unless the statement of facts can be changed VW can't be blamed too much.

Also the thread name misleads one to believe this is a +ve thread.
Old 17th May 2010, 15:06   #22
BHPian

From the horror stories we have read about Skoda on this very forum, it can be safely assumed Skoda experience is not bound to be pleasant (am not talking about exceptions).

VW is considered to be a premium brand from the same stable.

You combine the previous two paras and the result is a very heavily sarcastically loaded title in its current form - I think it is very apt in case a negative experience is being recounted (though actual content/issue is a different ball game).

Last edited by AlokSriva : 17th May 2010 at 15:06. Reason: corrected typo
Old 17th May 2010, 18:17   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
@anandpadhye

that is why the dealerships never give the delivery of the car without insurance.
i think its a norm that they need to follow.
Yes, but the insurance policy papers clearly mention the following:
1. Name of the policy holder (car owner)
2. Car registration no.
3. Engine no.
4. Chassis no.

In case of new car policy, as the registration details may not be availabe at the time of delivery, the actual policy is not printed and a cover note is issued instead. It still has the owner's name, engine no. and chassis no.

If a customer took delivery of a car which is not in his name and/or the engine no./chassis no. on the cover note/policy do not match with the actual, how is the company/dealer/insurance company responsible for this?

And if the car is bought on a loan, then it's going to be an even bigger mess...there is a car somewhere in the country that the bank has financed for this customer, but the customer does not have this car in his custody. He is in fact driving around in a car that's (possibly) not financed by the bank...if this car is stolen, who should the insurance company pay?

I hope this guy has read every paper before he signed it...

Last edited by anandpadhye : 17th May 2010 at 18:19.
Old 17th May 2010, 22:24   #24
BHPian

WOW

thats quiet an analysis dude
+1 anand

would like to let you all know that the dealership has accepted the scam/fraud committed and are ready to replace the car.

the confusion here is not baseless i should add. i was confused that the car they took delivery of was supposed to be replaced. but the fact is that they took the delivery of the car which was NOT supposed to be replaced. the dealership representatives after a couple of days delivery said that the particular car in their possession is a car with 2009 model features and the car they are going to give now is a 2010 model.

so to clear to the confusion let me rephrase.

my friend took the delivery of the car which was supposed to be his. the dealership exchanged the car later saying that the car they are delivering is a 2010 model and by mistake they had delivered a 2009 model car because of the confusion during inauguration. and later on my friend and his family realised that they have been duped into accepting a 2009 model car instead of the 2010 car that they already had taken the delivery of.

the insurance paper is with the engine and chassis no. of a 2010 car. while the registration was done of the 2009 car (which was exchanged saying its a 2010 model car)
and NO, he has not been driving the car since he smelt something fishy and had returned the car to the dealership 2 and half months back.

would like to point again at my friend's reply. he got the registration papers only in february though the car was registered after one month of delivery. and yes, the dealership was paid whatever amount they had asked for the registration.

but now all that doesn't matter as the dealership has accepted their "blunder" and have agreed to replace the car at the earliest.

would keep you posted once the new car is delivered, and ofcourse would request the moderators to close and delete the thread once the new car is verified to be a 2010 model.

cheers!!

Last edited by samyakmodi : 17th May 2010 at 22:28.
Old 17th May 2010, 23:54   #25
BHPian

so what is the fuss exactly about? A 2009 model car registered in 2010 or a car having 2010 features registered in 2009? I am so confused.
Old 18th May 2010, 08:58   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
WOW

thats quiet an analysis dude
+1 anand

would like to let you all know that the dealership has accepted the scam/fraud committed and are ready to replace the car.
Good to hear.
All is well that ends well...so you can now forget about me and my comments. If you win, you must be right.
Old 18th May 2010, 09:41   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kau_therock View Post
I am so confused.
Welcome to the confused lot on this thread, I bet you ain't gonna feel lonely

Jokes apart, from what I understand (though I still am confused - remember?) the issue has been amicably (one way or the other) resolved and Samyak's friend's gonna enjoy his 2010 model car
Old 18th May 2010, 09:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Seems like VW made a mistake (since they accepted it, not from reading the thread!).

Your friend was very naive, how could he not know what was 2009 and what was 2010 car by himself? That too after coughing up 28 lakhs !
Old 18th May 2010, 10:54   #29
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Samyakmodi thanks for finally clarifying the position. The thread starter post was a a real confusing one and the confusion continued on page 1. now things are clearer. The Dealer has tried to play a smart game. And here unlike in conventional terms a 2010 year car that you referr to is actually a 2009 manufactured car but with the features of the 2010 model year car. During resale it would go as a 2009 year car itself.

Now since a replacement is being given it may possibly be a 2010 manufactured, 2010 model year car.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:09   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kau_therock View Post
so what is the fuss exactly about? A 2009 model car registered in 2010 or a car having 2010 features registered in 2009? I am so confused.
lol. can't blame you for the confusion buddy. there is a little known fact that volkswagen passat had some minor tweaks between a 2009 model and a 2010 model. lesser known fact is that VW is not retailing the passat diesel anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Good to hear.
All is well that ends well...so you can now forget about me and my comments. If you win, you must be right.
bro, how do i forget about you? you are the one who got the confusion in the limelight!! glad to know that you could see and point out the major loopholes. will try being slightly clearer the next time i post something. or how about me first messaging you and get a proper feedback. (please don't take it otherwise. i am really serious about this) but this will be only till the time i improve my writing skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Welcome to the confused lot on this thread, I bet you ain't gonna feel lonely

Jokes apart, from what I understand (though I still am confused - remember?) the issue has been amicably (one way or the other) resolved and Samyak's friend's gonna enjoy his 2010 model car
cheers to that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Seems like VW made a mistake (since they accepted it, not from reading the thread!).

Your friend was very naive, how could he not know what was 2009 and what was 2010 car by himself? That too after coughing up 28 lakhs !
i seriously need to improve my writing skills! i am sure anand will help me out!!
about my friend - i think more than naive he was trusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Samyakmodi thanks for finally clarifying the position. The thread starter post was a a real confusing one and the confusion continued on page 1. now things are clearer. The Dealer has tried to play a smart game. And here unlike in conventional terms a 2010 year car that you referr to is actually a 2009 manufactured car but with the features of the 2010 model year car. During resale it would go as a 2009 year car itself.

Now since a replacement is being given it may possibly be a 2010 manufactured, 2010 model year car.
let's hope that happens as VW has stopped retailing the diesel variant of the passat. (that's what the dealer told me. can anyone re-confirm??)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks