Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 17:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
This is common to cars having a trim level that do not sell to the masses.

We have 8 Hyundai i10's at the office 5 of which are automatic transmissions. While the manual's were delivered on demand, the owners of each of the 5 automatics waited for 4 weeks at a minimum to get their car.

So I'd say this is standard across all manufacturers.
+1 on that

@Capt, even I have a feeling that all the points that you have mentioend are there in all the manufacturer not specific to Ford, even now if you go to a BMW showrrom and ask for a specific model with specific color, I can bet you will thro the same timeline or 30 days to you.
You mentioned abt Ford mass producing vehicles, note that it is mass producing regular trims, but 1.6S is for sure selcted ones who have opted to have a premium rides on these special cars.

But all said and done, given that fact, if I was in your position, I guess I would have been venting out too by now
Old 25th May 2010, 17:43   #17
BHPian

If you like the car, and I personally feel the Fiesta is a good car, you should just ignore these dealer related matters (As long as you in India. Now lets not get into the discussion of why we Indians are so tolerant to such pricking issues). It is very common, especially matters like the sales guy indifference, misleading statements like lack of cooperation as you are availing loan from the market, etc etc.

So I would say for the above aspects you should not get into going into the mode of having second thoughts or altering your decision. But to set things right, you can escalate these matters to Ford, make them aware of this thread and let them know that customers cannot be taken for granted anymore in this era !

Take a chill pill, relax and satiate your passion for driving once you get hold of the car. Its truly a driver's car.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:49   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
yes sanjayc, i know the 1lac advance is way too much. i should have restricted myself and not trusted the dealers word alone. But its done already and lets say i had the money ready at that time. but still no excuses. should have been more prudent!!
Never mind...You'll love the 1.6S - just spend the waiting period on finalizing sunfilm/paint protection/underbody and the days will pass by.

For paint protection, I will suggest 3M since they can be also done outside the a.s.s (at least in Chennai..not sure about delhi/noida)..others like Waxoyl etc, afaik, can be done only within a.s.s premises, where, generally, you cannot hang around to see how well this in being done. Further, it will be better, except sunfilm, everything else you postpone for about 2 weeks. By that time, you will be able to know your car much better, and all minor nicks/scratches can be taken care of with the waxing/paint protection.
Old 25th May 2010, 18:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Recently, even I enquired about the Fiesta 1.6S here at NCR Ford in Faridabad and the sales guy was ignorant enough to say that the S version is nothing special and just a Petrol Fiesta with a Spoiler. Those were his exact words. Surprisingly, another Sales guy to whom I talked a few weeks before talking to this moron was quite good in his way of approaching customers and answered most of my queries satisfactorily. He was quite informative as well.
I think this idiot would have been a newbie.
I think it is always better to talk to experienced sales executives to avoid such problems.
yes its true for another ford dealer here in Noida. South City Ford. They are supposed to be very big company but your one visit to them might put them in real shame.
I too went to South City Ford for the Fiesta 1.6S before going to Harpreet Ford. The sales guys really tried to push me into buying the SXi. According to that moron, the 1.6S is nothing but a revamped Exi model with a spoiler and skirting. He also said that the SXi has premium interiors and 1.6S had awful black and fabric interiors... (imagine him insulting his very own car model!!)
Since I had done all the background check already about the 1.6S, I gave him atleast 15 differences b/w the SXi and the 1.6S... he didnt knew that the tires in 1.6S were 15" alloys, he ddint know about the differ. in suspension, the ride height and quality and handling.. well what can i say!

The salesman at Harpreet Ford was very forthcoming. He was smart, well informed, less pushy and listened well too. But after the booking confirmed, all the goodness seems to have evaporated. These guys are having problem picking up the phone, especially the Manager, Mr.Pankaj.
Thats the experience so far.. im willing to forget everything just for the car Fiesta 1.6S is...
Old 25th May 2010, 19:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

In some case, cars are made to order as the volumes are not so high in that segment. There are even certain colours that are premium and only get painted if a customer asks for it. All these take time.

BS3 or 4, again it is a norm which they have to comply to and the company, on theur own has to make it.

Even when I was going to buy my second car, I had initialy opted for an Aveo in Ivory Gold and was told that it would take time as it was a custom colour and that I had the choice to opt for some other colour which would be delivered faster.

It is a differnt matter, I cancelled it later, because they failed on delivery for weird reasons on four diff occasions.

But you can chill or else ask them for a refund of booking amount and go elsewhere. They shouldngive u the amount, as u can prove that they delayed it
Old 25th May 2010, 21:58   #21
BHPian

Dont you worry about the salesmen buddy...just go ahead and enjoy the drive once you have it. Most of the time they have no idea what they are talking about. Off late most of the Ford salesmen i see in mumbai are more intent on selling the Figo. i actually had to throw a royal tantrum last month when i went to book my Limited edition and the salesmen tried his Figo talk on me. And yes the 'S' is made to order and there has always been a waiting time involved depending upon the dealer/Colour. Here in mumbai it was a month and a half when i enquired in March. But its a car well worth the wait. But dnt you take it easy on the #$%^ of a dealer who tried pulling a fast one on you.
Old 25th May 2010, 23:02   #22
BHPian

Capt rocker- I agree. Well, I am very eager to see a Sports Fiesta in Sea Grey colour. I don't know why but this colour kind of appealled to me when I checked on their website. Plus, it is Grey, so the rear bumper deflector would look very sporty in my opinion. It is my preferred colour after Aquarius blue which is discontinued don't know why and diamond white. I would love to see lots of pics of your Sea Grey Fiesta to decide. Keep bugging those morons or complain to Ford. Do something and get your car at the earliest. lol.
Old 25th May 2010, 23:45   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

@capt_rocker, sometimes you need to pull up your socks to get things done! Why dont you file a complaint with Ford HO ? I did the same for my Swift D booking and I got the car itself allotted in a day [I made the complaint after 45 days - wish I had done it earlier! ]. Its just not acceptable that the dealers can do anything once the booking amount is taken! I am sure you will forget all these once you get your dream, just like me. But give them a lesson at least for the sake of future customers
Old 26th May 2010, 11:53   #24
BHPian

hey guys thanks a lot for your support, i finally filed a complaint against the dealer to Ford by email. still waiting for any response from them.

@abhipuru:
@swiftnfurious:

since the delivery date promised is still 3 days away, i cant push the dealer too much. only thing i can sense they are bothered about is that i got my finance done from outside the dealership.
the best offer the dealers bank HDFC was offering was 10.5%. With help from a friend, I contacted an ICICI guy who has offered me 9.75% and his processing charges are also lesser. The loan has already been approved and will be disbursed soon. although i have told the ICICI guy to hold on the disbursement till i straighten out the dealer.

cheers amigos!
Old 26th May 2010, 14:13   #25
BHPian

Ford, as far as I know from this forum, is very prompt in replying to their customer's mails and straightening their dealsers wherever necessary. This remains to be seen in your case. I hope your issue is resolved and I get to show your car's pics to my family members. Best of luck!

P.S. I showed the Sea Grey colour to my mom in the afternoon. It was someone's SXi and not the S. But, nevertheless, she liked the colour a lot!
Old 27th May 2010, 09:44   #26
BHPian

[quote=abhipuru16;1906062]Ford, as far as I know from this forum, is very prompt in replying to their customer's mails and straightening their dealsers wherever necessary. This remains to be seen in your case. I hope your issue is resolved and I get to show your car's pics to my family members. Best of luck!

true buddy, but this still remains to be seen in my case.. im still to get any call from Ford custcare..
Still waiting patiently..
Old 31st May 2010, 18:52   #27
BHPian

Hey fellow BHPians

Got a call yesterday from MD Ford India Northern Ops Manager, Mr Sunil Tandon.
He assured me of the Ford loyalty and laid to rest all apprehensions I may be having.
He said he has taken action against the dealership for providing late/false information about the car and its delivery.

Now lets see how the PDI and delivery goes. There will be a lot of frowns in the dealers office.

Thanks a lot to you all for providing me the support and the email address of Ford cust care and MD.

Feels good to be heard!!
Old 31st May 2010, 19:06   #28
BHPian

Hey!
Didn't I tell you about Ford. They are very responsive.
Look at me. I don't own a Ford but strangely rate it higher than Maruti.
I am a total FORD FANBOY!

DAMN! I want my "S" asap.
Old 1st June 2010, 17:52   #29
BHPian

@abhipuru

yeah true, im finally convinced. im also waiting for the delivery of my "S".
most probably tomorrow.. or day after tomorrow..

when is your "S" coming??

Last edited by capt_rocker : 1st June 2010 at 18:02. Reason: addition of text
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:43   #30
BHPian

Today i met my car in person. Went for PDI today.

The car looked awesome in Sea Grey, although she had gathered dust due to current Delhi weather.

Got the entire PDI checklist done thanks to Team BHP!

Minor niggling issues. Like the boot floor carpet was missing. The rubber lining on the drivers side window was coming out. Got all fixed!!!
Just wish to see her clean and spotless.

Eagerly waiting for delivery that is tomorrow. Pics coming your way guys!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks