Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 01:30   #31
BHPian

Congrats Capt Rocker.Your persistence has finally paid off.Good to see the prompt response from Ford's MD.Goes to show that Ford is serious about how its customers are treated.Enjoy your ride and post the pics
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:27   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Capt, finally Ford has sorted out the issues with the dealer and you are going to reap the benefits of the same, we are waiting for the pics to show up. The other day I saw a sea grey SXi in Thane and it looked mind blowing, good choice of color. Treat her nice and she will respond to your commands.
Pls let us know about the mods/accessories you have planned to beautify the S.
Old 4th June 2010, 09:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

@Capt

Did you take the delivery of your Fiesta? How did it go? We want the pics of the sea grey devil ASAP.
Old 4th June 2010, 10:23   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Capt

Did you take the delivery of your Fiesta? How did it go? We want the pics of the sea grey devil ASAP.
yes ghodlur, i took the delivery of my Fiesta 1.6S yesterday! it was an awesome feeling. It kinda got very late in the evening for delivery (thanks to guys at ICICI bank delaying the paperwork for loan)

I could take only a few pictures before i drove off in absolute pleasure.. but dont worry, im gonna do a full photo session with this baby and please each one of you with the HQ pictures..
You can find my new thread where i have posted the pictures and initial ownership review... full review coming up shortly!

Cheers
Old 4th June 2010, 10:46   #35
BHPian

Guys here's the first look of the Sea Grey Fiesta 1.6 S

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...delivered.html

complete review and more pictures very soon!
Old 2nd November 2010, 21:19   #36

Dear Friends:
Just to add to the story:

I waited almost a month to get my 1.6 ZXI from MPL Ford Chennai after paying an advance of 50K.

The total "agreed" price was 754660 - I did not got for the so-called Essential Pack of nonsense! He also offered me sun-control, which I accepted!

I made the final payment on 22/10, however, as I was writing the cheque, the salesman told me that the price has gone up 7K.

He offered me 15K worth of accessories since I am an OEM employee.

I almost threw a fit, and then wrote the cheque on condition that he gives me 4 alloy wheels. He obviously whined, but went away with the cheque.

He was supposed to show up on 30th Oct and then today to pick up the car to fit the wheels. Guess what, NO SHOW!

I call him, and he connects me to a stuttering and stammering Accessories Manager, who plays big shot and asks me to pay up 3K more to have these alloys fitted.

I then got a call from a customer service girl who had no idea about any of this.

THATS IT! I LET IT RIP!

WHAT SHALL I DO?
Consumer Court? Michael Bonham?

BTW: I got all elements of the Essential Pack from the market for a 5th of the price! I also got some really sweet seat covers done to facilitate ingress and egress for my folks.

I like the car!
Old 15th March 2014, 21:44   #37
BHPian

Bad experience with Harpreet Ford Gurgaon

I'm writing this post to tell you about the terrible service I recently received from Harpreet Ford Gurgaon. Request mods to move this if this is the inappropriate place for it.

This is an email I had written to Ford India Customer care and Harpreet Ford Customer Service so I'm leaving it as is. Below I am also putting down the follow up phone calls that transpired.

March 6, 2014
I am writing this email to let you know how disappointed I am with the service I received for my Ford Figo Petrol Zxi with the registration no. XXX at Harpreet Ford Gurgaon today.

I am going to start the tale at the very beginning. I entered the service center at 1130 to give my car in for the 30K service. The only thing that happened promptly was a queue number that was placed on the roof. It took around 20 minutes and 4 follow ups with various people for someone to come and look at the car for inspection. Once the service adviser, (Ram Swaroop or something similar I cannot remember) came and started making the list of things to be done, he took about 15 minutes to make his notes. I asked him simple questions on whether rear fog lamp bulbs could be installed and he asked me if the car came with them on not. How can a Ford service adviser not know standard fitments on a Ford car?? He had to ask another passing mechanic for the answer. It's really disappointing when the service adviser, who in my opinion is supposed to be an expert, doesn't know basic stuff!!

He then proceeds to make the job sheet for which he took around 30 minutes and when he asked me to sign on it the name was of some other person!! He even took my RC to take down the correct details! By the time the job card was ready again and a test drive was done it was another 30-40 minutes. So basically took me over an hour and a half to give my car in for a service.

Later, at around 430 I get a call for the service supervisor called Mr. Rathi telling me a whole list of things that are wrong with the car. The steering rack is leaking oil, the wheel bearings need changing, the brake callipers need changing and so on. I really would like to let you know that I feel that there is a real lack in the quality of product that you are selling if the steering column leaks oil with just 23,000 Km. of running. I am told the bill for this job alone is around Rs. 13,000 over an above the bearings or callipers etc. How can a vehicle that is driven by a single person have so many problems which come with driving many more Kms. !! And trust me when I say I keep my car in pristine condition!

So now at 625 I get another call asking me to come and collect the car and ask Mr. Rathi how long the centre is open and I am told, till 630! SO BASICALLY YOU CALL ME AND TELL ME THAT I NEED TO BE THERE IN 5 MINUTES and then hope that I feel obligated because you say that you will wait till 7 for me to come!! Ridiculous!! So I hurry and reach the centre by 650. The car is parked outside and it takes some more time for Mr. Rathi to get the paper work done.

When I finally get to the car, I asked him whether he had got the headlights adjusted higher as I had told the guy who took the car in and he promptly says yes. When I get out of the service centre I find that the headlights have been adjusted but have been made lower!! I go back in and ask for help again but after a couple of people checking for a while I was told someone will be sent to my home or office to adjust the lights because they can't get the right tools now!!

I get out of there and find the car has not been cleaned properly. There are wipe marked on all the glass and mirrors. The boot has spare headlight bulbs, the med kit and the bag it comes in all strewn around. They must have gone looking for the spanner head for my alloys but one would expect you clean up after you are done. The alloys didn't seem washed at all!

So now I ask you the question... how would you feel with the experience above??

I know I am never going back to Harpreet Ford to get a service done and I will also let everyone around me know how bad Ford service can be in Gurgaon. I've experienced Ford service in Bangalore and it's much better. Unfortunately, there is only Harpreet Ford in Gurgaon!!

By the way I am still trying to figure out whether I have extended warranty to get the steering thing fixed, which anyway I think you should bear because of the amount the car has run!! It's ridiculous that you ask me to pay 13K (10K for the part, 2.5K for labour and 650 for oil) for a steering problem that shouldn't happen on a car that's run 60K Km!!

8th March
Call from Harpreet Ford Customer Care asking me to recite the whole incident and asked what they could do to make this okay. So I tell them there isn't anything that they can do to make it better as I wouldn't risk going back to them. They say they will still come up with options that can be done.

9th March
Call from Ford India saying that they have taken note of the incident and they will see what can be done and that they will speak to the dealer about the service issues and see if they can fund part of the parts that need to be replaced.

9th March
Call from Harpreet Ford Service Manager Mr. John apologizing profusely for the service and telling me that he will personally take care of the car when it goes back to the service centre. Since I was travelling I told him to call me on the 12th of March so we could set up time to give this another shot.

14th March
No calls from 12-14 March. On 14th Ford Customer care calls and says they have considered the case that the car has run so less so they will, as a “goodwill gesture” fund 50% of the part. I asked them when this would be done and how much it would cost and they conferenced Mr. John (service manager). He says he didn’t call earlier because he was waiting for Ford India to give him the go ahead on the Goodwill Gesture! He then says that he is in the hospital with one of his workers and will call me back in 15-20 minutes. No such call received! (Why was I not surprised??)

15th March
I get a call from Dealer customer care telling me about the so called “Goodwill gesture” and am told the price of the part is 15K (as opposed 10K, quoted at the time of service) and oil of 1K (as opposed to 650 at the time of service)!! At this point I reached my level of patience with these guys and asked to speak with the highest level of the dealer so that I can be told the right price and get this whole issue resolved. Left me wondering why the price went up to 1.5 times the quote before the 50% goodwill gesture was applied! I was given the email ID of Mr. Mathew who is the Executive Director at Harpreet Ford. I wrote to Mr. Mathew to call me back.

He called me later in the evening (thankfully the same day!) He seemed by like a reasonable person and promptly broke the issue into 2 – the service issue and the product (rack) issue. Assuring me that all the service issues will be taken care of, he said he will come back to me on the cost of the part and that the cost of the part from Ford India is standard and they had no hold over it. He also said someone at some point would have misquoted the price. He said he would find out the correct price and let me know in the next few minutes.
I called him back after 3 hours only to be told that the cost of the part is 14.9K!!

I’m really at my wits end with these guys. It’s amazing how we Indians are tolerant about such poor service!! Probably due to the lack of choice! But one thing is sure, Ford being expensive is not a myth!!!
I will keep you guys posted on the progress as this develops further.
rjun04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2014, 23:48   #38
BHPian

Re: Bad experience with Harpreet Ford Gurgaon

Try showing the car to Rakesh Sharma at his garage near Atul Kataria chowk. It can also be the pump as well. Whenever the service centre guys see oil, they assume its from the steering.
I was told the same thing about my fusion and it turned out to be a faulty pump and repaired at nominal cost and no issues faced after that till date which is almost an year now.
sharadmumbai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 00:17   #39
BHPian

Re: Bad experience with Harpreet Ford

So as suggested by Sharad, I took it to another mechanic (not the one Sharad mentioned, but Heera, covered elsewhere on this forum). He took a look at the supposed leak and said nothing was wrong.
In the meantime, numerous follows ups from Ford asking me to go and get the steering rack changed for the 8.5K price roughly. I asked Ford to give me a 4th year warranty since the car was already giving me trouble so after getting due approvals said it could be done. So now this is costing me 5.6K which is the 4th year warranty and it can get covered under that!!
Old 8th May 2014, 11:48   #40
BHPian

I'm going for the 10k kms service of my Ecosport on Saturday at Harpreet Ford, Sec-34, Gurgaon. Other dealers don't do the teflon coating and the 3M under body check up taken at the time of buying the car. So, I'll have to go to Harpreet Ford for the same .

Already threatened by the comments of my fellow BHPians. What should I do? Go rough on them right away, or what? Help
Old 8th May 2014, 12:11   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Other dealers don't do the teflon coating and the 3M under body check up taken at the time of buying the car. So, I'll have to go to Harpreet Ford for the same .

The whole teflon coating things is a hogwash. A layer of formula 1 wax followed by a machine polish isn't teflon coating. If you really want the car to shine head over to the http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ing-guide.html

If DIY is not your cup of tea, visit a 3M outlet. They'll do a better job than the dealers.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 12:32   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
The whole teflon coating things is a hogwash. A layer of formula 1 wax followed by a machine polish isn't teflon coating. If you really want the car to shine head over to the http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ing-guide.html

If DIY is not your cup of tea, visit a 3M outlet. They'll do a better job than the dealers.
I’ll sue them really good if I find a Formula 1or a Moto Max in hands of anyone near my car. The word Teflon means only, and only DuPont and nothing else. Waxoyl is good too. Anything other than these two will be a big NO.
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 12:18   #43
BHPian

Got the 10k km service done on Saturday at Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon. Thanks to the weekend as the ASS was very crowded, they had more than 80 booking for the same day. The SA was was very cooperative but a big noob (didn't know what a k&n filter was when I asked him if I can install that). Here are the details:

1. Total bill: Rs. 1548 /-

2. KM done: 9210 km (I'll have to put off the service reminder alarm when my car touches 10k km as directed by Naveen Raju)

3. Engine oil filled: 4.2 L, 100 ml more than whats instructed in the booklet. When I told them the same the reply was "Sar, itna hi dalta hai"

4. Got the irritating noise corrected which used to come while braking. It was the rear left drum brake which was opened and cleaned.

5. 3M paint protection recheck done with some touch-ups of paint underneath.

6. Asked for the ECU update, no one in the whole service center had a clue and looked at me as if I was talking some alien stuff, except one, who told me that they have not got any ECU update information.

7. Now the teflon part: I don't know what they use, pitures attached. They don't know what Dupont Teflon is.

8. Spotted an Ecosport and a figo with LTD stickers. The ecosport got a re-paint treatment done while the figo had come for a normal service. I didn't spot their BHPian owners in the whole day. I wonder how could they stay away from their ride.

9. Also spotted an Ecosport with TN registration number with the other alloy design which didn't come to India. It was delivered to them at the time of launch, perhaps was one of the display cars during the Urban Discoveries Campaign.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad experience with Harpreet Ford-img_20140510_165823.jpg  

Bad experience with Harpreet Ford-img_20140510_165815.jpg  

Old 14th May 2014, 23:25   #44
BHPian

I finally got Ford to sell me a 4th Year warranty and then got the steering rack changed on that. They said they can't change wheel bearings because they are covered only till the 3rd year or 40K Km!! When I went back to get it changed they checked the steering rack again and said that there was no cause to worry and that I would not have a problem. Got the job done anyway. They took about 2 hours 2 set the alignment straight after me testing it over and over again and not being satisfied. They kept trying to give some excuse or the other saying "aisa hi rahega, sir" and so on... One really needs to be persistent with these guys or else it's easy for them to do a shoddy job!!
After the job they had the nerve to ask me to fill out a feedback form!!

Quote:
Also spotted an Ecosport with TN registration number with the other alloy design which didn't come to India
This is a demo car I think because I drove a TN registered car when I test drove the Ecosport in Gurgaon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks