Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2010, 20:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Did they change only one wheel's suspension, or the pair? Suspension changes, IMHO, are to be done in pairs. Where you haveing any clutch slipages, or was it plain heavy?

I suggest not to take any car to any service center (authorised or otherwise) for a major job (read anything apart from regular service / oil change) the first time - have a first hand feel of how good / bad / ugly they are before putting your ride at stake!

If they can mess up fixing a M800, which is ubiquitous, I shudder to think what they can do to a not-so-common car!
I was told suspension changes are done in pairs and not just one.

The clutch was heavy, they also mentioned there was some leakage.

Now I give it to a local mechanic for service. He was recommended by one of my friends who has been getting his Ikon serviced by this guy!
Old 1st June 2010, 00:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

If you were not satisfied why did you give them the letter. It will just make the matters worst. If you have complained about the problem please see it though. I don't see why did you paid up for the suspension change if the problem was not sorted. I would have asked them to put the old suspension and return my money. I am not going to pay up for their trial and error, but again i can understand that time you might wanted to get the car back. But giving the letter stating you are satisfied was not right. just my opinion
Old 1st June 2010, 00:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Not a good start for Carnation - as you said, one would expect them to be extra carefule being a 'new' entry into the A.S.S market.

Thanks for the heads-up, I won't be heading to Carnation in the near future

Let's just hope all this doesn't end with a 'thud'!!!
Old 1st June 2010, 00:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjabraham View Post
I was told suspension changes are done in pairs and not just one.

The clutch was heavy, they also mentioned there was some leakage.

Now I give it to a local mechanic for service. He was recommended by one of my friends who has been getting his Ikon serviced by this guy!
can you scan a copy of the bill and post here.

thank you.
Old 1st June 2010, 09:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
can you scan a copy of the bill and post here.

thank you.
Will do that by this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
If you were not satisfied why did you give them the letter. It will just make the matters worst. If you have complained about the problem please see it though. I don't see why did you paid up for the suspension change if the problem was not sorted. I would have asked them to put the old suspension and return my money. I am not going to pay up for their trial and error, but again i can understand that time you might wanted to get the car back. But giving the letter stating you are satisfied was not right. just my opinion
The only reason was, I realised it was pointless to take it up with them after I visited the Ambattur branch. They were not going to give me back my money, time or the effort I put in. So just gave the letter to get them off my head. In fact,I told Customer Relations Supervisor that I will email it to him, but he was particular I give it to him then and there!
Old 1st June 2010, 13:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

I had a small brush with Carnation and the experience was not good either. Their representatives were handing out free car wash coupons in my area and I got two. I called them and I was told I need an appointment so I fixed one for Sat morning. I was told it would take approx 30-45 minutes for the wash. I reach their Ambattur workshop in my Fiesta 1.6S and found a disinterested lady sitting at the reception and she has no record of the appointment. She says if I leave the car then (around 10:30 am), they will return it at 6 pm! Yeah right. As if I was gonna leave my near brand new car in a shady looking place for 8 hours.

I said I was not interested and I come out and I see two pairs of legs sticking out from under the boot of my car. Turned out to be two of their mechanics and I asked them what the heck they are doing. They were apparently checking out some 'parts'. I gave them a earful for getting under my car without even asking me and I left. I have no doubt they would have stolen parts if I had left it there. I could only see vehicles like Indicabs, Contessas, Ambys and a couple of Jeeps parked there. There is no way I am going to Carnation again for a car wash, let alone servicing.

Last edited by Gilead : 1st June 2010 at 13:26.
Old 1st June 2010, 19:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
If you had replaced the bush in the first instance would it have saved you from changing the suspension setup?
I believe so! But since they were sure that suspension had problems, I really cannot dispute when they get technical.

@Blue Thunder, I did get back the parts, which was checked by the Ambattur guys (to find out whether the changes were actually needed or not)!

But since it happened a while back and I didn't want to take things any further with Carnation, I disposed the parts.

Last edited by vjabraham : 1st June 2010 at 19:50. Reason: need to multi quote
Old 1st June 2010, 19:55   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjabraham View Post
So just gave the letter to get them off my head.
Since they were in your house, couldn't you have gotten them off your head by closing the door or something?
Old 1st June 2010, 20:29   #24
BHPian

Hi vjabraham
I have made two visits to Carnation, Chennai to service my Bolero with them, each time they dont stop with what they are asked to do, instead they call me with a problem in an unrelated part.
For example when i asked them to change all oils, they called me to tell me that my brake disc needs to be changed. As a whole i feel they have mediocre personnel finding ways to increase the bill amount.
And topping it all they have never delivered the vehicle in the promised day even. I have even talked to their General Manager and the Carnation incharge of Kerala and Tamil Nadu about the same In-voice issue that you had.
Old 1st June 2010, 20:41   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I said I was not interested and I come out and I see two pairs of legs sticking out from under the boot of my car. Turned out to be two of their mechanics and I asked them what the heck they are doing. They were apparently checking out some 'parts'. I gave them a earful for getting under my car without even asking me and I left. I have no doubt they would have stolen parts if I had left it there. I could only see vehicles like Indicabs, Contessas, Ambys and a couple of Jeeps parked there. There is no way I am going to Carnation again for a car wash, let alone servicing.
I think this is their modus operandi, get the vehicle for washing & change everything in and out of the car , Is the offer still available?
Old 1st June 2010, 21:07   #26
BHPian

vjabraham
I am sorry for you but this even happened to me, I have made two visits to service my Bolero with them and each time they dont do what they have been asked to, instead they call me to inform me about a problem in an unrelated part.
For example when i asked them to change all oils, they called me to tell me that my brake discs needs to be changed at 70k kms.
Also i have faced the same In-voice problem that you have faced and had talked to their General Manager and Carnation incharge of Kerala & Tamil Nadu to sort it out.
As a whole i feel that they have mediocre personnel whose main motto is to raise the bill amount.
Old 1st June 2010, 21:13   #27
BHPian

Just got off the phone with a very senior official (don't want to mention names)from Carnation asking me about my experience at Carnation.
One thing I really appreciate from Carnation's side is the fact that they've responded to my feedback in less than 24 hours, be it Ambattur branch, the Regional Office or even the Senior Official (within 24 hours of posting on T-Bhp). That is something that rarely happens.
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I think this is their modus operandi, get the vehicle for washing & change everything in and out of the car , Is the offer still available?
What offer. The offer to steal parts? I don't know about that, but if you want the free car wash coupons, just park your car outside Santosh Stores on 2nd Avenue and those Carnation guys will jump all over you. I have been approached twice after this incident but I politely declined their offer.
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:28   #29
BHPian

I accidently came across this thread when I was searching for carnation review. yesterday I was browisng their website for service center availability and the type of service provided. Carnation was under my radar for the next service of my zen and elantra. Looking at Vjabraham's issue with his maruthi 800, i strongly beleive that If they cant fix a maruthi 800 issue, how can they fix my cars?. No offense to maruthi 800 owneers here. I think its better for me to stick to HMP/MSM or my trusted mechanic.
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

I guess here "SA" screwed up badly but i guess "carnation" did try to solve the issue instead ignoring...

It all matters to how good/keen/knowledgeable the adviser is!

Most Viewed