Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 11:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Dealer totals a customer Dzire. And now, replaces!

Yesterday I came across a horrible experience of a customer from New Delhi at the hands of a Maruti Suzuki service centre.

The article has a half-page photo of a white Swift Dezire across, the top of the car completely crushed as if it landed on its roof after taking off a cliff. I read on, a horrible tale of carelessness by a Maruti A.S.S. at Delhi. The customer had left the car for routine servicing there. He was shocked to receive a call from the A.S.S. stating his car had plunged down two stories through an empty elevator shaft!! Due to the malfunctioning elevator doors, the doors remained open even when the elevator had moved up, and the car fell down the shaft. It's not clear how the car came to the shaft to fall down, if it was being driven by someone or otherwise.

The car was a total loss and the A.S.S. manager promptly asked the customer to claim the loss from the insurance company. The insurance company agreed to the claim minus 1.7 lakhs on account of depreciation. When the customer followed up with the A.S.S., initially they were not very cooperative. After the customer got in touch with the Maruti seniors through the magazine sources, the A.S.S. agreed to replace his car with a similar-specced one from their TrueValue outlet as and when the car would be available. After watiting for another few weeks, he finally went to the Maruti officials who ordered the A.S.S. to buy him a new car. The customer has now ordered a diesel after agreeing to pay for the difference in the price of his original car (petrol) and a diesel.

All in all it ended well, but it surely sends jitters through my spine!
honeybee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2010, 11:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

At least the customer got his car replaced with a new car! Their are much worse A.S.S. stories here on the forum...
Old 1st June 2010, 12:23   #3
BANNED

The customer lost his NCB or got a loading, which was not compensated.
Old 1st June 2010, 13:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is much better than several other automotive & non automotive companies. This incident makes my love more stronger to Maruti. The general practice is the manufacturing company does not have a control on its dealerships & they simply wash off their hands with dealership & customer. Maruti rocks!!!
Old 1st June 2010, 13:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Want to correct you, it was Noida, and not New Delhi where this incident happened.
Old 1st June 2010, 13:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Mistakes do happen, I think Maruti handled this issue pretty well.
Old 1st June 2010, 14:03   #7
Senior - BHPian

Maruti deserves a pat on the back for this. This is how a company should be managing its dealerships, and not by going around saying we have no control over the dealership. They could have easily dragged it into litigation between the customer and dealer and make the customer suffer for no fault of his, but they did not do that. They did what is right, what is expected from a company, and what could be best done under the circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The customer lost his NCB or got a loading, which was not compensated.
Giving a brand new car for the used car that got damaged by the A.S.S. , is at least in my books, a much much higher compensation than the amount he would have saved in NCB. He was very lucky to be a Maruti owner and not that of a particular Czech brand.

Last edited by longhorn : 1st June 2010 at 14:08.
Old 1st June 2010, 14:19   #8
BHPian

Instead Maruti done good job here by asking dealer to replace the customer's car. Its dealer who wanted to manipulate his fault.
Old 1st June 2010, 14:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

I think we should change the topic of this post. Maruti has handled it pretty well, infact as good as it can be. The customer not only gets full value of the car but is also able to change it to a diesel! That is wonderful customer service no doubt.
Old 1st June 2010, 15:01   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I think we should change the topic of this post. Maruti has handled it pretty well, infact as good as it can be. The customer not only gets full value of the car but is also able to change it to a diesel! That is wonderful customer service no doubt.
Completely agree with ET here. A change of title is also required, as only the experience is highlighted and not the solution (That too Brand new). This kind of Service is what makes me give a biggggg to Maruti Suzuki. M-S Rocks!!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks