Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:01   #1
BHPian

Asset Hyundai Service takes me for a small ride....

Hi all,
This is my experience with Asset Hyundai service station on LBS marg, Bhandup.
I gave my Verna in for a paid service this morning. All well, job card opened and all is smooth - estimate of under 4000/-. This includes 900 odd as labour,and the rest for oil, and filter change. Got a call for pick up and reached the centre by 6.30. Car came in by 6.45. looked good.

Glanced through the bill before paying and the sum was 4600/-. Was charged 88/- for "windshield fluid". When I asked the service advisor if this was part of the service and to clarify I was given a talk on how this is 'special' fluid with ' detergent' added and works better than regular water etc. etc. I mean, come on, at leat give BS convincingly. Have added mild shampoo to the water for ages - costs me 2/- a month. This 'windshield' rubbish was neither asked for by me or was I called to clear it. Also another 100/- was charged for 'consumables' - however no explanation was given as to what these were. I know cotton rags Etc. get charged for, but these come to around 10/- at the Tata workshop for my Indica and are not charged at the Toyota workshop.

However, as I am not the type who makes a scene and a big fuss, I paid up, registered a complaint - ( hopefully won't get tossed out with the rubbish tomorrow). And left.
My take on this, They earned 88/- but lost a customer. Just a heads up to anyone. For the record, the car has been washed well, and rides smooth....not that it was a problem earlier. And the " windshield fluid" feels and smells like water - and no feel , bubbles, froth etc, as any proof of it being "special".
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Topping up any fluids such as brake/gear/engine oil, coolant or windshield washer fluid are part of the periodic service. But charging the customer for windshield washer fluid is unheard of.

IMO you should talk to the Works Manager and get a clarification on these items before you pay. The amount may be small, but unless you make them realize you aren't going to pay without asking questions, they will keep doing this to any other customers.

Also if the quality of the servicing has been good, it may be better if you make this point clear to your SA or to the Works Manager that such items are not charged for in other service centres and you would not want to pay for them. That might save you from such minor hassles next time on. If you are changing your servicing centre again and again, it may not be good in the long run.
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:49   #3
Team-BHP Support

This and nitrogen filling in tires are a very common trick these dealerships pull off, i had the same issue with MUL also.
Old 4th June 2010, 10:22   #4
BANNED

Best is to specify no fluids, battery greasing etc. without permission at the time of handing over the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks