Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2010, 19:35   #1

Chevy car experience at ashtavinyak auto!

Didnt know where to post this,so thought i may post this quey in this thread..Had been ashtavinayak auto at goregaon..Had gone with my friend,both had different car purchases in mind my friend had gone looking for optra&i had gone to enquire about spark&beat...

My friend was totally disappointed since not a single optra the dealer had in the showroom..So he had no option but to look at cruze which he somewhat liked it...

Now regarding my doubts,the showroom look deserted the moment we entered,after some minutes of waiting someone finally attended..We both were first time car buyers...

The sales manager showed us the spark&beat pricing&started telling all features,specifcations...

However i was more inclined towards the Spark PS model even though it has some features lacking like color bumpers,power windows(not a necessity for me)..

Now my doubts,do we have to pay extra for metallic colours?Also the sales manager claimed that beat gives more mileage than spark around 18.6kmpl,like i was bit suprised?

Also no discount offered on beat made me bit unhappy since i really liked both the cars..Also is it necesary to buy insurance from the car dealer itself?Also fixing accessories like audio system,autocop?If we dont it will void waranty thats what he told us...

Awaiting your replies..
Old 25th June 2010, 21:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zealous123 View Post
However i was more inclined towards the Spark PS model even though it has some features lacking like color bumpers,power windows(not a necessity for me)..
Good decision.

Quote:
Now my doubts,do we have to pay extra for metallic colours?
Yes, its always like that due to paint cost difference.

Quote:
Also the sales manager claimed that beat gives more mileage than spark around 18.6kmpl,like i was bit suprised?
Yes, its ARAI figure. So, take it with a pinch of salt, since its all under standard Test condition.

Quote:
Also no discount offered on beat made me bit unhappy since i really liked both the cars..Also is it necesary to buy insurance from the car dealer itself?
No. Its not mandatory to go with the insurance with the dealers only. You can still buy it outside of your preference. Infact, many on t-b hp have done that since they got a better deal.
Quote:
Also fixing accessories like audio system,autocop?If we dont it will void waranty thats what he told us...
Unless you cut any wires, its ok to go ahead with after market audio fittings. You have many professional audio mechanics to do this task. So, should be fine. And will also be cheaper.

Good luck.
Old 26th June 2010, 02:41   #3
BHPian

I think you have made up your mind regarding the chevy beat or spark whichever you decide. Ashtavinayak after sales is not great so look for another chevy workshop in your area. They are nice cars and quite sorted, you shouldn't have any problem as such with the cars.
Old 26th June 2010, 17:51   #4

Before i proceed with my next set of doubts let me thank both of you for your replies...

Since im a newbie in car buying please let me know while buying insurance for the car which company should i opt for?

Also when i asked the dealer for TD,he didt have a demo car so he was ready to give TD in a newly registered car,when i asked isnt it a bad thing to TD in thhis car,he said "chalta hai kaun dekhne wala hai,not even the buyer is going to come today... ...That made think twice whether to buy the car from the dealer but then i said i will TD when the demo car is ready...

Also about freebies the dealer aint that interested except for mud flaps&floor mats...

Also i have seen very few dealers for chevy,so next am going to visit nikhil automobiles&will let you know the update...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks