Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 21:41   #76
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend had a bad experience with the Ford service station on Bannerghata Road ( is it Metro?). His Fiesta was due for second service, due to unavoidable circumstance they couldn't take it to service in the prescribed time period (car was in Chennai). The guys at Ford flatly refused free service!! End result = 6k for service .

Guys at Maruti have no problem even if go after 8 months for 2nd service!!
Old 8th September 2010, 17:03   #77
BHPian

Sachin,

The ford dealer on Bannerghatta road is Lathangi Ford as far as i know.

i wonder why your friend didn't opt for the third service instead & why such an expense of 6k for a new car.
Old 8th September 2010, 17:38   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Sachin,

third service instead & why such an expense of 6k for a new car.
Doesn't skipping service void warranty?

I have no clue why he was charged so much for it!!

What's the oil change interval for petrol Fiesta? 1st or 2nd service?
Old 9th September 2010, 19:33   #79
BHPian

Its doesnt count to skipping of service. Its just that you are foregoing the third free service and asking the dealer to account the 2nd service using the 3rd free service coupon.It doesnt void the warranty in any way. Also i wonder how good these warranty clauses in INDIA hold, when the attitude of the dealership changes almost immediately once they are done with selling the car to you.

Warranty clauses in INDIA is just a gimmick to me atleast. I have hardly seen these clauses coming into force and that the manufacturer abiding by it. I also feel that extended warranty is just a way to make money.

you will have to ask Nairrk or any other guys about feista maintenance schedules. I own cars of other make.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 9th September 2010 at 19:39.
Old 9th September 2010, 21:13   #80
BHPian

It's the same story everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneet8796 View Post
Thanks Nandan for taking the pain and letting us know the nuances of the reality inside Lathangi Ford. I really believe one should make a small video and post it on Youtube. Also send the link to all top bosses of Ford Motors.

It would surely ruffle a good numbers of feathers if nothing else. The dealership would be immediately put into question.

I, for one, would never recommend this dealership to anyone.
Similar story repeated with my friend when he went to get the delivery of his new i20 at Pune. A new driver at the dealer couldn't control a narrow turn and back door got scratched. They took the car directly to the paint shop and started touch-up. My friend who witnessed the whole scene approached the painter and was told that the driver was a newbie (not knowing he was speaking to the owner). When my friend refused to take the delivery the dealer said that he will have to Waite long for the new car and offered a door replacement with an advanced remote lock with immobilizer. I am getting delivery of my new Figo tomorrow and have decided will never service my car at the dealer beyond the free service.

A car is just a group of parts assembled together. A few damaged parts replacement before sale is fare unless it's going to affect the performance. But once sold the car inherits personality from it's owner. So be careful before hading over your baby to strangers at the dealership, rather take it to a trusted mechanic.
Old 14th December 2011, 00:04   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: It's the same story everywhere.

I have seen these Lathangi guys driving new cars from Bannerghatta side to their Showroom, they drive very rashly, accelerate hard, brake hard and they never treat it as a new car. At time I have seen them competing with each other in traffic(Once it was between a Classic and New fiesta). Some times they take the Kammanahalli road which is in a bad condition but still they go fast in this road. For those who are buying from Lathangi, Bannerghatta road I would advise to do a complete check before registration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks