Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 21:13   #1
BHPian

BEWARE ! Figo customers at Lathangi Ford in Bangalore

I have my office in the same campus where Lathangi ford have their yard. They have been storing the Figos here.

i am quite astonished by the way the guys treat the cars.

Recently, there was an accident in the yard. One of the guys was driving so fast that he lost control of the car and hit the gate of the campus. It was a white figo.

When i asked the guys what they would do with the car, he said in Kannada " What else, rework and sell it off" when i replied, "how can you sell the car which had an accident" he said, "we cant scrap the full car for a small damage", "These things keep happening"

So guys Bangalore opting for the white Figo, please do have thorough check before sending the car for registration. The left side of the car was badly damaged.

i have attached the pictures of the car & excuse for bad quality of the pictures, since i had to use my handphone.
Attached Thumbnails
BEWARE ! Figo customers at  Lathangi Ford in Bangalore-21062010394.jpg  

BEWARE ! Figo customers at  Lathangi Ford in Bangalore-21062010395.jpg  

BEWARE ! Figo customers at  Lathangi Ford in Bangalore-21062010396.jpg  

Last edited by nandans2005 : 29th June 2010 at 21:15.
nandans2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2010, 21:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

All I can say is

Why don't you drop a complaint to Ford India? Also send this link to them. The Indian customer is always treated as a
Old 29th June 2010, 21:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

I think this is common practice with any dealer. No dealer will take the cost of damages to themselves and will try to pass on to the customer.

What the dealer should do is tell the customer of the accident and pass it on at a discount - that would be still be ethical.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:05   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I think this is common practice with any dealer. No dealer will take the cost of damages to themselves and will try to pass on to the customer.

What the dealer should do is tell the customer of the accident and pass it on at a discount - that would be still be ethical.

That does not work here in our country.

But this kind of behaviour must be brought to the Ford H O's notice.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:44   #5
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Thats india- we are made fools of everywhere almost. Best is to have ford india look at this and decide. Even after that, how can one be sure if the car sold is not something that had issues like this?
Old 29th June 2010, 23:07   #6
BHPian

guys want to have a note in this regard been in the OEM final assembly for 8 years i think without knowing the extent of damage we should not comment on this. on seeing the accident pictures i assume that the damage will be to the extent of bumper and fender damage and these are replaceable parts so once replaced and after through inspection i can say that the car is as good as new build, incase the shell or the mounting area has got damaged and the gaps and lines dont match then it can call for a discount.. hope people know what are moving parts what is a shell..
Old 29th June 2010, 23:08   #7
BHPian

Great post Nandan to alert Figo buyers

Kudos to you for bringing this to everyone's notice.Can forward the same link to Ford India management if you have their email addresses.
Old 29th June 2010, 23:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

Unless you have the VIN number of that car there is no ways one could identify if he is buying the same car as in the picture here. Am sure the dealer would fix it up and pass it on to an un-suspecting buyer.
Old 29th June 2010, 23:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

We at Team-BHP are proud of you. All is not lost in this country.

Best way forward for potential buyers is not to buy white color Figo from this dealer.
Rest assured that the dealer will fix it up and try to pass it on to some unsuspecting customer.
Potential customers have been warned.
Old 30th June 2010, 09:10   #10
BHPian

Well dont forget the dealer can paint the car as well
Old 30th June 2010, 09:39   #11
Team-BHP Support

Mods note: Thread moved to right section.
Old 30th June 2010, 09:46   #12

Bad experience with Lathangi

I had a very bad experience trying to buy a car from Lathangi. The finance guy Badri didn't know what he was talking and after ever 2 days there would be a change in what he said or some goof up. Everyone almost made false promises on delivery, calling back to update me on the loan status etc. What was worst is that I casually went to enquire about the status of my loan on March 30 and I was told that if i don't pay full cash and take the car by the next day I would have to pay 10K extra because of rise in prices. No one from the showroom called me to tell me about it, it was mere coincidence that I found out. To add to this the HDFC guys goofed up my load processing case and the car delivery was done almost 1.5 months later even though I had booked the car before the official release.

Anyways, I have decided to stay away from Lathangi and took my car for the first service to Metro and am really happy with the response.
Old 30th June 2010, 20:04   #13
BHPian

Great work Nandan it will atleast force Lathangi to be more cautious in future
Old 30th June 2010, 21:03   #14
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Lathangi has gone down the drain. They used to be very good in their mitsubishi days.
Old 30th June 2010, 21:20   #15
BHPian

well guys,

The car was swiftly moved to the body shop which is on the same road. Many would know where is this place. The yard & the body shop are on the second road on the left after Sherwood high school on Bannerghatta Road. This road connects to electronic city.

i dont mind dropping a complaint to Ford India, but do you guys really think it will yield any positive results. It should not be a waste of time though. Afterall , Buyers in India are not well protected.

I thought will do my best by posting this here. I request you all guys to ask your friends, colleagues and relatives to be cautious if they are planning a figo - A White Figo from Lathangi.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 30th June 2010 at 21:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks