Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 21:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I think this is common practice with any dealer. No dealer will take the cost of damages to themselves and will try to pass on to the customer.

What the dealer should do is tell the customer of the accident and pass it on at a discount - that would be still be ethical.
Exactly! Great post. The problem is the dealer will have to bear the losses.
Which will hardly come up to 15-20 K of denting and painting again which is peanuts what the dealer gets per car per per quarter.

I think such drivers have to be fired which will set an exemplary example.

Couldn't agree more on the fact that such pieces should be sold to the customer after telling him what transpired. If the car has major damages which places structural question marks on the car then it should be declared scrap and not sold to the customers.

Time to come out of Disneyland!
Old 30th June 2010, 21:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvi_seln View Post
guys want to have a note in this regard been in the OEM final assembly for 8 years i think without knowing the extent of damage we should not comment on this. on seeing the accident pictures i assume that the damage will be to the extent of bumper and fender damage and these are replaceable parts so once replaced and after through inspection i can say that the car is as good as new build, incase the shell or the mounting area has got damaged and the gaps and lines dont match then it can call for a discount.. hope people know what are moving parts what is a shell..
+ 1

While it is a fact that the dealers don't handle the cars properly, going by the picture , it doesn't warrant such harsh criticism.
Old 30th June 2010, 21:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
+ 1

While it is a fact that the dealers don't handle the cars properly, going by the picture , it doesn't warrant such harsh criticism.
well raju,

its not criticism round here. Its a known fact about the attitude of the dealers here in India.

GOD Forbid, Put yourself in a situation that you have this car as a new one and come to know about the rework after few months. Would you have liked it at all?

i feel that the damage is quite a bit. What else would you call as a "damage" ?

If it was me, i would have refused a car with a minor scratch, forget the reworked dents and replaced new parts.

My whole purpose of posting it here is to avoid the members getting a reworked car. Its hard earned money and its still a luxury to own a first new car in India. Nobody would want to have a reworked car as a new one.

Personally for me, my vehicles are ones with a soul, wouldn't tolerate any kind of bad treatment of any kind.
Old 30th June 2010, 22:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
well raju,

its not criticism round here. Its a known fact about the attitude of the dealers here in India.

GOD Forbid, Put yourself in a situation that you have this car as a new one and come to know about the rework after few months. Would you have liked it at all?

i feel that the damage is quite a bit. What else would you call as a "damage" ?

If it was me, i would have refused a car with a minor scratch, forget the reworked dents and replaced new parts.

My whole purpose of posting it here is to avoid the members getting a reworked car. Its hard earned money and its still a luxury to own a first new car in India. Nobody would want to have a reworked car as a new one.

Personally for me, my vehicles are ones with a soul, wouldn't tolerate any kind of bad treatment of any kind.
+1 to that.

For many middle class folks, buying a car is a dream and they shell out a lot of money as initial payment, the hassles of finance company, banks and finally making the purchase.

Have you seen families (including mine) bring brothers, sisters, in-laws and who not and proudly displaying their car (own car) to folks. Have you seen then touching, removing even a speck of dirt from the car, going reallyyy slow on the car's systems, giving the kid a nudge because she tried to change the radio too hard !!!

I do not want a car that is broken because some idiot could not drive the car slow. Let them buy their own car and drive the way they want, who cares? Its my car and I want it NEW. Period.

Nothing personal folks. IMHO anyways.
Old 30th June 2010, 23:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_carLover View Post
+1 to that.

For many middle class folks, buying a car is a dream and they shell out a lot of money as initial payment, the hassles of finance company, banks and finally making the purchase.

Well said. + countless to that. For most, buying a car is next only to buying a home or like a mini-home. You and you alone know the pain and hardship of arranging 4+ lakh for a car.
Old 30th June 2010, 23:11   #21
Team-BHP Support

For the narrow confines within their premises, i have seen the drivers at Lathangi drive quite fast. I detest such behavior from them.

Once my car was being transported from the service center to the bodyshop 6 kms away, for a minor body repair, and the driver was literally lugging the engine. I asked him to stop, get out, and watch me drive. The expression on his face was priceless.
Now, when my car goes to them, and if i am present, i don't allow them to drive.

Between, this is not limited to certain dealers alone.. i have seen this at quite a few places now to confirm this is not a limited disease. Some of the guys at the Sireesh service center for Mahindra in Marathalli literally rip brand new Scorpios and Boleros along the ORR.
Old 30th June 2010, 23:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Between, this is not limited to certain dealers alone.. i have seen this at quite a few places now to confirm this is not a limited disease. Some of the guys at the Sireesh service center for Mahindra in Marathalli literally rip brand new Scorpios and Boleros along the ORR.
Huh, typical apne baap ka kya jaata hain attitude. When will people learn to respect other's property.
Old 1st July 2010, 12:53   #23
BHPian

Great grab Nandans , however you could have done just a bit more by informing somebody like their Manager , they would have taken this guy who drove in for a task.Accidents are quiet common in the Industry starting from the Plant,Transit, Handling and even at Delivery points.Communicating with the right people so that they take corrective/disciplinary action is quiet helpful.
Old 1st July 2010, 13:11   #24
Adrenalin

I was thinking to go for Lathangi ford as i thought they are good people. Heard lot about them from various review websites..i guess i need to change my opinion..thanks for bringing this to notice of future buyers... well appreciated!!

Old 1st July 2010, 16:09   #25
BHPian

For a mistake of a driver who drove that Figo, is it correct to declare that whole dealership irresponsible?

Who knows? They might have taken diciplinary action on the concerned already?
Old 1st July 2010, 16:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

That sends shivers down my spine ! And this coming from dealer of a company which is trying hard to improve its image and build brand following in the country. Sheesh!!

I suggest you also approach some auto mags, so that this kind of apathy by dealers is publicised even more.
Old 1st July 2010, 17:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant..B View Post
For a mistake of a driver who drove that Figo, is it correct to declare that whole dealership irresponsible?

Who knows? They might have taken diciplinary action on the concerned already?
Yes, possible. But the question is - What happens to the ill-fated vehicle? Do you really think the dealer will give discount and sell this car. Forget that, do you think he will atleast let the buyer know that he is buying a repaired car?

I doubt.
Old 1st July 2010, 17:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant..B View Post
Yes. It is. Because the person will buy car from dealership and not the driver.
Old 1st July 2010, 19:08   #29
Senior - BHPian

Nandan ji,

Short of importing cars - I don't see which Indian dealer will not have kamikaze drivers like this in their yard.

Title should be More like "Beware lathangi customers"
Old 1st July 2010, 19:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't be surprised if Ford India is already looking at this thread. This is clear evidence and an honest dealer should inform the customer of this damage and knock a small sum off the price as compensation. Sadly, that doesn't happen too often!

Most Viewed